A Tragic Ending for Director of A Christmas Story

Mr. Peabody 04-06-2007 09:59 AM
This Holiday season we'll be watching A Christmas Story with heavy hearts.

Bob Clark, who directed the classic holiday movie about a young boy named Ralphie's wish for a Red Rider BB gun, was killed yesterday in a car crash along with his 22 year-old son Ariel Hanrath.

Clark and his son were driving through Pacific Palisades, LA when an SUV Yukon driven by a drunk Mexican illegal drifted into their lane and crashed into their car in a head on collision.

The SUV's driver is expected to be charged with driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter.

http://www.cnn.com./2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/...k.ap/index.html
Nine Kuze 04-06-2007 12:40 PM
Holy crap, and I read that about that the other night.

That was him? I knew the names sounded familiar but damn it all...

...terrible to see him go out like that, but rest in peace. Robert Clark. And that movie is an undeniable classic, no matter what season or year you're watching it in.
Peace.
Ace of Spades 04-06-2007 12:58 PM
21 BB Gun Salute.
Inigo Montoya 04-06-2007 11:41 PM
It's not quite going to be the same this year, is it? A great director and his progeny, cut down by ignorance. Let's torch drunk drivers at the stake. That'll learn them.
War.
Hobodoken 04-07-2007 12:33 AM
Damn...

I mean, just damn. That's terrible. Guy directs one of the most memorable movies, one that is aired for 24 straight hours every year, and he doesn't even get to go out quietly. No, he gets smashed into by a drunk who isn't even suposed to be there.
Inigo Montoya 04-07-2007 12:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
Damn...

I mean, just damn. That's terrible. Guy directs one of the most memorable movies, one that is aired for 24 straight hours every year, and he doesn't even get to go out quietly. No, he gets smashed into by a drunk who isn't even suposed to be there.

In many ways, too. Damn. I love that movie.
War.
Nine Kuze 04-07-2007 12:40 AM
You know, the dad Darren McGavin died last year too.

This ain't cool, this ain't cool at all.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 04-07-2007 01:42 AM
Countdown until snopes has to debunk a "the cast and crew of 'a christmas story' is cursed" rumor