*sigh*

Raven 03-31-2007 11:32 PM
Is Adult Swim's big April Fools joke this year to put their lame comedy shows on in the anime timeslots?
Scourge 03-31-2007 11:43 PM
Yeah, this is worse than when they decided to put a fart track over the anime series playing at the time.

Worse of all it isn't even one of their good comedies, instead we get Perfect Hair Forever. Why not Harvey Birdman, ATHF, Brak, or SGCTC?
evanASF27 03-31-2007 11:44 PM
According to Big Finale, "Perfect Hair Forever" is a kickass show. I'm inclined to agree.

I wasn't watching [as] till I saw this thread, so I'll have to see what else is on before I draw conclusion to whether this April Fool's day beats out the one with the mustaches.
Raven 03-31-2007 11:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Yeah, this is worse than when they decided to put a fart track over the anime series playing at the time.

Worse of all it isn't even one of their good comedies, instead we get Perfect Hair Forever. Why not Harvey Birdman, ATHF, Brak, or SGCTC?

It's not even the fact that the animes aren't on, it's how they repeatedly spit on anime fans which is starting to bug me. Ok, so they don't like us, I get the point already.

And on the record, Perfect Hair Forever sucks hard.
Scourge 04-01-2007 12:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
quote:

It's not even the fact that the animes aren't on, it's how they repeatedly spit on anime fans which is starting to bug me. Ok, so they don't like us, I get the point already.

Adult Swim is shown on just about every continent but they only show anime in America. Also it is obvious most people at William Street seem to hate anime in all incarnations. It makes me wonder why they even show anime in the states. Is it out of angst or something?

If they hate it so much don't show it, don't just continue to show it and make fun of the fans.

Also Hair sucks hard.
Sara Comatori 04-01-2007 12:54 AM
I KNEW IT!!!

This pisses me off so much! I wanted to watch Bleach and Eureka 7!

I can't believe they would do this...

Adult Swim only cares about stupid American humor. All of the shows that come on sunday now are all stupid!

Brak, Space Ghost, Venture Borthers, Deathkolk, Aqua Teen, The Oblongs, Misson Hill, Family Guy, American Dad, The newer Home Movies... And a few others. (Forgive me if I can't name them all. They came on along time ago or where wedge in between idiotic humor.) Those were the good shows. All of the other can kiss my ass, because of them, I can't watch TV sunday night.

And if the anime block goes away and is replaced by more stupid shows... I might shoot myself because YouTube is getting rid of there anime and I don't have a fancy system to download stuff.

I'll have to buy all of it...

I rest my rant...
evanASF27 04-01-2007 01:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori
I can't believe they would do this...

Actually, you knew they would. They always do that.
The Big Finale 04-01-2007 02:19 AM
quote:

quote:
Also Hair sucks hard.

Catman will scratch you up. PHF rocks.

Would it annoy anyone if I switched to a Perfect Hair Forever avatar and sig? Because I'll totally do it.
Scourge 04-01-2007 02:31 AM
1. PHF is one of the worst shows ever animated.

2. Your avatar and signature really means nothing to mostly everybody.
Nine Kuze 04-01-2007 02:52 AM
quote:

I only found that annoying because they did it while I wanted to tape an episode on InuYasha, one focusing on Sango and her brother as she stole Inuyasha's sword for Naraku. Other than that, it rose a chuckle or two. It was surely weird watching the Angel's Feathers episode of Ghost in the Shell: 2nd GIG and hearing a fart noise when Batou and Motoko were talking about the blind kid's father who was also the terrorist they were after.

quote:

...that's a damn good point on the other shows they could have given us.

quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
According to Big Finale, "Perfect Hair Forever" is a kickass show. I'm inclined to agree.

I wasn't watching [as] till I saw this thread, so I'll have to see what else is on before I draw conclusion to whether this April Fool's day beats out the one with the mustaches.

Bad form you two. Bad form. Also my bad and correction, they were doing the mustache gimmick when I wanted to tape that Sango episode. Anyway the sum up is this; [adult swim] has pretty sh**ty humor. Hence the Robot Chicken, FG, Tim and Eric bull, and what else have you.

quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
Would it annoy anyone if I switched to a Perfect Hair Forever avatar and sig? Because I'll totally do it.

Nah, do your thing Finale.

quote:

Don't be a hater.

Also, I was watching it at first and then noticed the Perfect Hair Forever thing (bad form adult swim, bad form) and then realized the date. Really, I don't give a damn. I'm not that inclined to watch what [adult swim] is pimping all the less and I just won't watch when they're doing this charade. April Fools on you, there go your ratings down the drain sucka!
Peace.
Sara Comatori 04-01-2007 10:34 AM
quote:
1. PHF is one of the worst shows ever animated.

I agree with you Scourge.
Valdoom 04-01-2007 11:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori
Adult Swim only cares about stupid American humor. All of the shows that come on sunday now are all stupid!

1. I'm American I don't like it either.
2. AS really hate us Anime fans, and they love showing it.
3. There are 1,000 thing AS could have done that would have been funnier then putting what they did on.
4. fart noises: dang that does sound rather funny.
Buck Buck #1 04-01-2007 11:56 AM
They probably replaced all of the anime with Perfect Hair Forever, because it is making fun of anime. You know replace 'real' anime with 'fake' anime.

I was ok with it because I like PHF too. Tongue
The Big Finale 04-01-2007 01:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Buck Buck #1
They probably replaced all of the anime with Perfect Hair Forever, because it is making fun of anime. You know replace 'real' anime with 'fake' anime.

Exactly.

What made it even better was that they applied some effects to make it look low quality and stuck mostly inaccurate captioning on it - making fun of people who download fansubbed anime.
Green_Bird 04-01-2007 01:23 PM
Don't diss the fart noses. I thought they were hilarious. Not as funny as that time where they drew on the mustaches, beards, and funny hats on everything, because that was the best thing they pulled, but still funny none the less...

But still, even though I haven't seen AS in such a long time, I still recall them replacing anime, or at least one episode, with PHF a long time ago. It's almost like they're actually starting to reuse pranks.
Scourge 04-01-2007 01:31 PM
Maybe they'll air the anime tonight because they aren't really going to show the ATHF movie on TV before the theatrical release.

Though they more than likely won't.

quote:
April Fools on you, there go your ratings down the drain sucka!

Apparently you don't watch the AS ratings recap where they recap the ratings for Saturday, Sunday, and Mon-Thu.

The shows on the anime block can barely break the 100,000 viewers mark individually. While the comedy block easily does so with ease.
Hobodoken 04-01-2007 02:11 PM
It's April Fools.

Lighten up, eh?
Sharpshooter005 04-01-2007 03:42 PM
quote:
Is Adult Swim's big April Fools joke this year to put their lame comedy shows on in the anime timeslots?

Well...specifically it's to put PHF in the timeslots of....surfing robots and schoolgirl vampire chick with a sword or whatever the hell is the latest vampire show they got instead of hellsing.

Albeit PCF with intentionally downgraded video quality (which honestly had me wondering if comcast was screwing up for maybe half a second), and a subtitle track that periodically just goes into the dialogue from the ATHF episode "revenge of the mooninites"

quote:
While the comedy block easily does so with ease.

Well...family guy regularly does. Also I think I noticed robot chicken in the top 3 once, so if you're ever wondering "why does sharpshooter just seem disgusted with alot of people at random times", thats why...thats why.

quote:
I still recall them replacing anime, or at least one episode, with PHF a long time ago.

They replaced the scheduled run of the first episode of squidbillies with PHF and then a fifteen minute "talk show" involving space ghost.

quote:
Maybe they'll air the anime tonight because they aren't really going to show the ATHF movie on TV before the theatrical release.

Someone elsewhere theorized that what they may do tonight relates to a quote that one of the production team gave in the interview about the dvd containing the ATHF Colon movie film for theaters and an extra movie made up primarily of deleted material. And this may be the latter

quote:
Ok, so they don't like us, I get the point already.

It's more...have you ever read the [AS] forums whenever they do something like this? It's actually painful to read, its wildly incoherent and angry.

I mean theres a reason that I've said "hell is other anime fans". We keep it pretty calm here but in general...its very easy to just rile these people up and have them textually vomit some comical admonishment of williams street, and generally the only word which isn't either spelled incorrectly or flanked by a profanity or death threat is "boycott". And half of them seem to think that means an e-petition, or calling up direct tv customer service and yelling.
Sharpshooter005 04-01-2007 09:44 PM
Well, they ARE showing the ATHF movie.

In a tiny little rectangle at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Apparently (I missed it, forgot it starts at 10) they started it off full screen and it gradually reduced in size as futurama was on.,
Scourge 04-01-2007 09:48 PM
Yeah, that is even less funny then last night's joke and last night's sucked.

Oh well they fail yet again, the last funny thing AS did was the ATHF "bomb scare" in Boston awhile back. :/