New Big-O box set - Anime Legends Complete Collection

Delariean 03-29-2007 09:36 AM
A Re-release set for June 5, 2007. Might have the new release opening that is airing in Japan right now

Details? AnimeonDVD..link:

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/6348.php

Take the claim of new opening and logo with a grain of salt....
Asirt 03-29-2007 01:04 PM
Interesting... The only question that remains is which collection will be better: this or the international box set?

Still, it's nice that there's going to be a new collection out, and it's cheaper.
Shredder 03-30-2007 12:34 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Happy I posted a news update about the release, but everyone can continue to discuss it here.
Umbrella 03-30-2007 12:15 PM
Another box set? Well, it seems like this year is certainly a good one for Big O.
Dangerous 03-30-2007 01:00 PM
This year or the next one will become the apotheosis for "the Big O". FINALLY ! Cool
Tickle Tickle 03-30-2007 05:10 PM
Seems like it's going be a re-release of the old brick...

As for the "new opening" thing -- maybe they'll restore RESPECT?
Dangerous 03-30-2007 05:19 PM
It is less expensive to take the old box. The most important thing is to keep new members.

And they are coming, do you hear them ?

The new wave of new Big O fans will be more destructive than the last tsunami !

Oh Well Hum ! I take what I just said off .... Sweatdrop
evanASF27 03-31-2007 01:24 PM
Does anyone else think that releasing two complete box-sets at once... is kinda overkill?
Tickle Tickle 03-31-2007 01:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
Does anyone else think that releasing two complete box-sets at once... is kinda overkill?

Not really.

One is meant for Japan.
The other is meant for us.

Different companies selling different boxsets.
R.Smith 03-31-2007 08:30 PM
I'd just like a nice boxset similar to the new Japanese one, but without the $300 price tag. If it has all the nice goodies and maybe even new stuff, then I'm all for spending $40 instead of $300.
Asirt 04-01-2007 06:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
I'd just like a nice boxset similar to the new Japanese one, but without the $300 price tag. If it has all the nice goodies and maybe even new stuff, then I'm all for spending $40 instead of $300.

It would be nice to see the US boxset have similar features like the Japanese box set, but I don't think we'll be seeing that here. Then again, we don't know much about this boxset, so we'll have to wait and see on that.
Tickle Tickle 04-01-2007 07:18 PM
Anime Legends are (correct me if I'm wrong) usually typical re-released bricks. Everything should be the same from the previous brick, aside from the "all new opening".
R.Smith 04-02-2007 01:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Umino
Anime Legends are (correct me if I'm wrong) usually typical re-released bricks. Everything should be the same from the previous brick, aside from the "all new opening".

Hm, that's good to hear if it is indeed what will happen. But whatever this 'all new opening' is, I'd like to have it included, or at least see it at some point.
evanASF27 04-02-2007 01:40 AM
quote:
quote:

Hm, that's good to hear if it is indeed what will happen. But whatever this 'all new opening' is, I'd like to have it included, or at least see it at some point.

A new opening? <- Have fun.
Inigo Montoya 04-02-2007 02:49 PM
I'm still planning on purchasing the Thundercats boxed set, so, er... this'll most likely take the back shelf on my priority "must buy" DVD sets.
War.
R.Smith 04-03-2007 03:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
quote:
quote:

A new opening? <- Have fun.

Well that might be said new opening, but I wonder if it's something else.
Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 07:36 PM
Like I said before it seems that Big O is getting alot more attention now for some reason.
Inigo Montoya 04-04-2007 07:39 PM
This is true. One can't help but wonder why.

Could it be that people are beginning to realize that Big O was a decet anime with a good story and above average animation.
Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 07:42 PM
Yes it is different from all other anime in so many ways
Lupin IV 04-05-2007 12:54 PM
OMFG. I`M busting, jerry, BUSTING!

Seriously... Since i lost my season 1 set (oh the blasphemy!!) ive been looking everywhere for a store that has one in stock. Now, all i have to do is wait.

Great news. I`VE wanted to do a marathon viewing for sooo long now. With the way my classes are going, this shouldn`t be a long wait ^_^

I always found it strange that BIg O is so celebrated, but impossible to find in stores...for me anyway