New Big-O box set - Anime Legends Complete Collection

Lupin IV 05-17-2007 11:02 AM
Delayed til the 19th apparently. Red Face
Xeon Negotiator 06-03-2007 12:25 AM
Just incase you wanted to see a bigger version of the new logo...

I don't know if this is actually the official logo but if Amazon has it, it is most likely the real deal.

NOTE: My image was created from the tiny image in the Amazon photo, so it is not completely accurate. If you want this image for anything, save it and host it yourself.
Lupin IV 06-15-2007 07:06 PM
Big O II Complete Collection by AL is due August 21st.

Bestbuy, Amazon, etc have it listed.
Tony Ventresca 06-24-2007 09:16 AM
I was wondering, since Amazon.ca has only the Anime Legends 13-episode DVD listed.

TV
Darthpez001 07-12-2007 09:13 PM
It looks like for this release, that they not only changed the opening theme music during the opening, but it has been changed to the new music for any occurence of the theme song within the show itself. I only have episode 7 to go on for this so far though. Any thoughts? I don't mind the change that much, but I do hope the rest of the music is intact...
evanASF27 07-12-2007 11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darthpez001
It looks like for this release, that they not only changed the opening theme music during the opening, but it has been changed to the new music for any occurence of the theme song within the show itself. I only have episode 7 to go on for this so far though. Any thoughts? I don't mind the change that much, but I do hope the rest of the music is intact...

wait... you mean they replaced the "Big-O!" segment in Act 7 with the new opening theme?

...first time I've heard of that. Shocked
Darthpez001 07-12-2007 11:20 PM
Yeah, I think the old music went with the scene much better, it was more dramatic that way. Are there more spots where the old theme plays? I can't think of any off the top of my head. I also thought it was strange that the old opening's video was kept, with the new theme music, instead of the new video that has been seen on some internet sites.
Patsai 07-15-2007 09:56 PM
The original theme song no longer exists for this version. Only Act 7 had the the theme song in the actual show. That's unfortunate, because this is the only version of the first season that's in print and can be easily found. If you want the original theme song, you'll have to settle for the one without the "Anime Legends" logo on top (good luck finding a copy) or the bootleg one (which isn't too bad, I happened to have accidentally bought one earlier this year, but it's still bootleg).
Tony Ventresca 07-17-2007 01:46 PM
Well, all of these changes sort of add up to a pisser for me. I hate to be a whiner, but I want it all original and this seems like too much fiddling. I should probably save my money.

This reminds me of Lucas's long overdue release of the Young Indiana Jones series. It's been split into 3 volumes and he's spent ages filming new "documentaries" to cram in as extras. The man must take a week to decide whether to pick his nose or not, and then spend $100 million dollars to do it...

Why can't the DVD industry just release stuff as is? The fans will buy it anyway, and strangers won't know the difference.

(Sorry for complaining a lot today.)

TV
evanASF27 07-17-2007 01:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Ventresca
Why can't the DVD industry just release stuff as is? The fans will buy it anyway, and strangers won't know the difference.

(Sorry for complaining a lot today.)

TV

First of all, LMAO.

Second, they have released it in original format... twice. After the first season ended they released four DVDs that added up to 13 episodes, and similarly with the season season they released 4 DVDs which completed the remaining 13 eps. After the first set of 4 DVDs were released they made a "complete collection" with all 13 episodes in a boxset (rather one big case of 4 dvds). And the same for Season 2, they released the entire 2nd season in a boxset of 4 DVDs... except without the "Respect - Upper Westside" opening (I think).

But all these DVDs are "out of print" I think, since they were released up until 2005 or so. And don't even get me started on the original soundtracks...
Darthpez001 07-17-2007 10:47 PM
For the second season box set, did they remove all instances of the Respect music within the show, or just the opening? I really don't want to be watching the second season and have the new opening show up out of nowhere where Respect should be (it's one of my favorite tracks).
evanASF27 07-17-2007 11:26 PM
quote:
For the second season box set, did they remove all instances of the Respect music within the show, or just the opening? I really don't want to be watching the second season and have the new opening show up out of nowhere where Respect should be (it's one of my favorite tracks).

No no no... they just don't have the Respect opening. They replaced that with the "Big O!" opening... tho I think it was the Big O! put to the Respect video...

Respect is still used in the episodes tho.
Darthpez001 07-17-2007 11:30 PM
Oh, good, thanks.
Tony Ventresca 07-18-2007 08:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by +KIRA+

...they have released it in original format... twice. After the first season ended they released four DVDs that added up to 13 episodes, and similarly with the season season they released 4 DVDs which completed the remaining 13 eps. After the first set of 4 DVDs were released they made a "complete collection" with all 13 episodes in a boxset (rather one big case of 4 dvds). And the same for Season 2, they released the entire 2nd season in a boxset of 4 DVDs... except without the "Respect - Upper Westside" opening (I think).

But all these DVDs are "out of print" I think, since they were released up until 2005 or so. And don't even get me started on the original soundtracks...

Ahhhhh...life is a gradual release from ignorance.

My prob is I'm late to the Big O party, and essentially just want to splash out for a box that contains all the episodes, untouched (or un-Lucas-ized), in English. The corollary to this prob, is in my corner of the world anime is as rare as hen's teeth, so finding used copies of earlier releases is hopeless. But we roll with the punches life throws at us!

TV
Patsai 07-19-2007 04:47 AM
quote:

For the new Anime Legends second season box set coming out next month, Respect will be replaced by the new opening theme song. In the actual show itself (episode 17 in particular) I'm not too sure, but it'll probably be there.
Instro 07-24-2007 03:33 AM
I just may buy this to have the whole collection in one nice package. And it would cost less than the first two collections combined. The second collection was particularly clunky, way too much plastic...