Question... (For Hellsing Fans)

Sara Comatori 03-29-2007 07:49 AM
which do you like Better? Anime or Manga?
Which did you see/read first? Anime or Manga?
Which haven't you seen? Anime or Manga?

If you answered Manga to at least 2. Then the OVA is the thing for you.

If you answered Anime to at least 2. GO READ THE DANM MANGA!!

The OVA is a different catagory because it kicks to much ass and is way better then any of the two.

Thank you Gonzo..We loves you... You did the kickness assness animes around.
d-d-d-dumbass 03-29-2007 10:09 AM
ive seen and read the manga.

but havent read or watched either for a while.
and i cant really say i prefer one over the other.
The Baker St. Irregular 03-29-2007 11:55 AM
I finally got the first Hellsing Ultimate DVD the other day. Hearing Crispin Freeman as Alucard again made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Pleased I really appreciated how much more like the manga it is than the anime was. (And the animation! Oh!) However, I still think the anime is cool, and it shouldn't be totally dumped now that Ultimate is out. It did the best with what it had at the time. (Blame Mister Hirano for taking so damn long with his manga.) Not to mention its music was absolutely kick-ass. Cool Oh, man.
Sharpshooter005 03-29-2007 12:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori
which do you like Better? Anime or Manga?
Which did you see/read first? Anime or Manga?
Which haven't you seen? Anime or Manga?

Manga, anime, and both, in that order (since the mangas not done still and I only saw the first episode of the ova)
dominusofdeath 03-29-2007 12:50 PM
The manga. THe music in the OVA is sub-par
Sara Comatori 03-29-2007 01:28 PM
I can say only a few things about the anime.

Animation 7/10
(Good animation. Not enough blood to match the manga.)
Character Relations 8/10
(The relations between Seras, Alucard, Walter and Intergra was overall good. Villains not so much.)
Story 4/10 (
Anderson was more of a bad guy then a rival. There was really no following of the story. No main villains. They added and took away too much.)
Music 10/10
(The music was brilliant. Loved all of it.)
Voice Actors 8/10
(All of the voices where perfect except Anderson. I imagined it more scottish like due to the way it was typed in the manga. I'm never going to get use to it.)
Ending of Seires 2/10
(Crap...)
Fights between Anderson & Alucard 1/10
(Also crap.)
No Pip 0/10
(COME ON! Who else is suppose to flurt with Seras?!)

And the could of waited. The manga is worth the wait. Give him some credit. It's a horrible detailed comic. For those of you who can draw, That takes a lot of time.

The only thing that pisses me off about the manga is:
spoiler (highlight to read):
Pip dying, Walter turning evil, Anderson dying, and Maxwell turning into an asshole

The OVA is kick ass. If any of you have seen the second one. OMG! It is so... so...
BLOODY!! Even more blood then the manga... For those who are gore fans... this is a spoiler.

The animation is like the manga come to life. There all stretching looking. Anderson smiles and looks like a bear. There outlined thickly and when they move. It's like there comin at ya. Kind creepy.

I'll add more if I feel to blab more things.

-Peace
Sharpshooter005 03-29-2007 01:51 PM
quote:
Anderson dying,

I just thought he
stabbed himself with one of the nails from the true cross and turned into..swamp thing with god powers or whatever

Also I know it won't happen but I wish the oav would have some brief appearance or or reference to heinkal and yumiko especially since
they unfortunately die, and were very awesome, as far as I'm concerned they could have just made an oav based off crossfire and had it work
Sara Comatori 03-29-2007 01:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Anderson dying,

I just thought he
stabbed himself with one of the nails from the true cross and turned into..swamp thing with god powers or whatever

Also I know it won't happen but I wish the oav would have some brief appearance or or reference to heinkal and yumiko especially since
they unfortunately die, and were very awesome, as far as I'm concerned they could have just made an oav based off crossfire and had it work

I agree with the third spoiler. They were cool and I bet they will make an OVA of it. I should have put them in.
I am an Anderson fan but I don't agree with his methods of fighting. The frankly don't make sense.
Stabbing himself in the heart with a nail and turning himself into a thorne covered monster wasn't really the best idea...
Scourge 03-29-2007 05:23 PM
Where'd you fine up to date manga releases of Hellsing?

(PM me)

Anyways I prefer the manga over the anime and the OVA.

Manga > Ova > anime
Mike 03-29-2007 05:48 PM
I saw the anime. It was awesome.
I saw the OVA. At least the first 2, which I think are the only ones made so far. It was also awesome, but yeah, the music isn't as good. But it has swearing!
I never read the manga, but I've always heard it's really good.
Sara Comatori 03-29-2007 05:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I never read the manga, but I've always heard it's really good.

Then all you have heard was right...
Green_Bird 03-29-2007 09:25 PM
1. I like the manga/OVA better then the TV series.
2. I Read the manga first. This is quite possibly why I never really liked the TV series that much.
3. None of the above. I've seen all of them.
Extra: Gonzo did not do the OVA...they just own half the rights to the series.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I saw the OVA. At least the first 2, which I think are the only ones made so far. It was also awesome, but yeah, the music isn't as good. But it has swearing!

The third one's due out in April....
Sara Comatori 03-30-2007 12:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Extra: Gonzo did not do the OVA...they just own half the rights to the series.

Really? Hell, someones been lying to me then. Who does the OVA? There own Company?
Sharpshooter005 03-30-2007 04:43 PM
Geneon is producing it I know.

Also yeah they've said they want to adapt the entire manga...crossfire was in the manga (albeit a side story)...so yes hopefully we'll get to see heinkal and yumiko killing communists/hezbollah lookalikes/some sort of charismatic cult (I think those were the only 3 groups they really took down, I havent read it in a while). And maybe even some explanation of that vague line at the end about them being called off to south america, which I assumed the implication was they were being called in to fight with the undead nazi types

(None of this really qualifies as a spoiler, the crossfire parts were all pretty straightforward)
Green_Bird 03-30-2007 09:14 PM
quote:

Really? Hell, someones been lying to me then. Who does the OVA? There own Company?

Satelight does it. G.D.H. is involved, but that still could be because of the rights thing.
Sara Comatori 03-30-2007 11:36 PM
I see...

Oh yay... I heard on the grapevine that the next manga is coming out in July.

4th I think... Ironic?
Nine Kuze 03-31-2007 04:32 PM
quote:
I see...

4th I think... Ironic?

Do you mean for the Hellsing manga? Then it would be the 7th volume I believe. There hasn't been a new one out for a while, which sucks because everytime I go to Borders I end up reading the sixth volume and finding myself that I read this one before.
Peace.
Sara Comatori 04-04-2007 11:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
I see...

4th I think... Ironic?

Do you mean for the Hellsing manga? Then it would be the 7th volume I believe. There hasn't been a new one out for a while, which sucks because everytime I go to Borders I end up reading the sixth volume and finding myself that I read this one before.
Peace.

No, It's the eight, I have the 7th one.
This means most likely, the 9th one is coming out early next year or next summer.

This is only a guess, since the 9th one is out in japan.

Do not take what I said to heart.
Nine Kuze 04-05-2007 09:38 AM
quote:
Do not take what I said to heart.

I never do.

Also, I didn't know that a seventh volume came out already. I've only read up to the sixth volume. Damn it all and such.
Peace.
Sara Comatori 04-05-2007 09:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Also, I didn't know that a seventh volume came out already. I've only read up to the sixth volume. Damn it all and such.
Peace.

Well, go look for it then. I got it the day it came out.