the last episode...

d-d-d-dumbass 03-28-2007 10:19 AM
what happened in the last episode? i havent gotten to see it...if its been aired.
Dangerous 03-28-2007 10:45 AM
In the last episode we see Roger fighting against Alex Rosewater, the dominus of Big Fau . And Big Venus comes to end the war, and the storyline.

Have you seen this act ? Do you understand it ? We see at the end that, finally, this anime is a CYCLE; we see that every 40 years the storyline is repeated. That's what I understood.

PS : welcome to the Paradigm City Forum Smile

Here is the link to the last moment of the last act (act 26)
d-d-d-dumbass 03-28-2007 10:47 AM
whaaaaaaaaat!? really...aww...
thats kind of like that movie Versus.
i dislike tht, i think.

(thank you)
Dangerous 03-28-2007 10:55 AM
Big O act 26 part 3 (jap)

Well .... to you now to understand Japanese. Tongue It is easy to understand, the pictures talk for you.
d-d-d-dumbass 03-28-2007 10:56 AM
thank you very much.
i read japnese...
so its kewl...
Mike 03-28-2007 12:08 PM
Nearly everyone who's seen the last episode has their own interpretation of it. And those interpretations vary WILDLY.
Nazrael 03-28-2007 01:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
In the last episode we see Roger fighting against Alex Rosewater, the dominus of Big Fau . And Big Venus comes to end the war, and the storyline.

Have you seen this act ? Do you understand it ? We see at the end that, finally, this anime is a CYCLE; we see that every 40 years the storyline is repeated. That's what I understood.

PS : welcome to the Paradigm City Forum Smile

Here is the link to the last moment of the last act (act 26)

That makes no sense. Angel seemed perfectly at peace at the end. I doubt she'd cause another memory disaster.
Hobodoken 03-28-2007 01:38 PM
As Mike said, there's no real answer to what happens at the very end.

Theories abound.
Dangerous 03-28-2007 03:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken

Theories abound.

And it is because those theories abound that the PCF exists. If we all had understood the storyline and if this would have been easy to understand, which would have not given several theories, we would have not stayed in here anymore, and this forum would have died. Neutral

We would have no questions, so ... Dead

LOL
Capt. Quekolis 03-28-2007 06:05 PM
IT SUCKS. Loose ends everywhere.
Big Jauln 03-28-2007 11:30 PM
It completely sucked, It was a bunch of crap and craziness.
evanASF27 03-28-2007 11:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken

Theories abound.

And it is because those theories abound that the PCF exists. If we all had understood the storyline and if this would have been easy to understand, which would have not given several theories, we would have not stayed in here anymore, and this forum would have died. Neutral

We would have no questions, so ... Dead

LOL

Other way around.... it's because PCF exists that the theories were created. No place to talk about em, no need to create theories.

You must also take into consideration that there was an option for Season3 at the time, and the writers said they had more stuff... soo... there was probably more to it than we'll ever find out.
d-d-d-dumbass 03-29-2007 10:02 AM
so...

anyway...all i care about is dorothy and rodger. i absolutely loathed angel. she can bite the big one.
Inigo Montoya 03-29-2007 10:37 AM
GYARRHH, the last episode made my sweet Planeswalker head hurt.

Sort of like retconning the whole series out of existence, but not!
d-d-d-dumbass 03-29-2007 10:46 AM
ummm...
i see...
interesting.
Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 07:45 PM
So what is your opinion on a third season. Should there be one? Wouldnt it make it more complete. Personally I would lke to see Dorothy and Roger fall in love. It would be so sweet. lol.
Nine Kuze 04-04-2007 07:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Nearly everyone who's seen the last episode has their own interpretation of it. And those interpretations vary WILDLY.

THE LAST EPISODE IS ACTUALLY A REMAKE OF THE REAL LAST TWO EPISODES OF BIG O AND INSTEAD OF BEING INSIDE OF HIS MIND, THE WORLD IS DESTROYED AND ITS REPLACED WITH THE ENDING OF THE WORLD AND THEN A NEW ONE TAKING PLACE.

...actually I was trying to make fun of Evangelion but this actually sounds pretty right for the most part. I'm probably one of the only ones here that like Act 26 for what it is and like Mikey said, the episode is really nothing but an open interpretation for fans and those interpretations are in such a flux as far as what the hell happened. Either it was a reset or it wasn't, they kept their memories of what just happened or they didn't, Metropolis is the real world and Paradigm City is a false one that's suppose to keeping going round and round until something happens. So yeah, pick and choose your poison with that I guess.

Also, even though its apparent that the last two episodes are nothing but rushed, left open and undecided aspects of Paradigm City and what happened (halo thar Behemoth, you've been here long?), Act 26 happened and for what it is and what's given, there's enough given to find out what exactly happened to Paradigm City. I keep asking if a third season was greenlit, what would be shown because everything about Paradigm City was shown. Very badly and rushed in the last two episodes but shown nonetheless. The writers had enough material for more episode obviously but really, what would they show in the next season if there was one?

And Angel kicks ass, not as much as the manga but yeah. She's a helluva character.
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 04-04-2007 08:00 PM
The last episode made my head hurt, but I am not even going to try to theorize as to what it meant at all. Big O was interesting, but I sometimes feel they should've stuck to the Giant Robot premise rather than trying for religious, existential or philosophical allegories.
War.
Nine Kuze 04-04-2007 08:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeon Master
but I sometimes feel they should've stuck to the Giant Robot premise rather than trying for religious, existential or philosophical allegories.
War.

You just made an understandable connection between The Big O and that self-imposing crap of The Matrix, Dungeon Master. Prepare to die, have at you.

Nah, but even though I can't stand The Matrix, you do make a good point. That's one of the cast differences between Season 1 and Season 2 in work within The Big O I suppose.

EDIT: I thought as far as "philosophical allegories" go, I thought Big O did a notable and interesting job on that front and the same with the religion aspect as well. But that was hinted at in the first season as well and they didn't go over the top on that notion. Religion never really played a big role as far as the other two did but it was sort of just shown in subtle and small way. And the existance thing was done a bit way too much I admit but yeah.
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 04-04-2007 08:12 PM
And possibly one of the reasons it failed. People realized that

Giant Robots + Existentialism + Religious babbledy gook + Pseudophilosophical bullcrap = LAME

with Evangelion and the pussy of pussies, Shinji Ikari. As if a more irritating protagonist and crappier series ending could be invented. At least Big O's ending had some sense of closure versus Eva's weird... whatever.
War.