the last episode...

Generalissimo D 04-07-2007 01:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
Evnagelion is more credible than Big O

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Also, no, not at all.

PS: cease virtual laryngeal movement
Dangerous 04-07-2007 02:32 PM
I say Credible; I don't mean Awesome.
Generalissimo D 04-07-2007 03:52 PM
quote:
I say Credible; I don't mean Awesome.

Again, no.
Nine Kuze 04-07-2007 04:03 PM
quote:
I would even say that the scenario of Evangelion could be real in our life. That could happen. It is feasible. I say that even if I know THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. But ..... do you understand what I mean ? It is a probable scenario. However The Big O is far less credible than Evangelion. Also in Evangelion we get a lot of answers to questions we wonder; but in the Big O .... no. Who is Angel? Where does she come from? Etc ..... details that have their importance. Of course the scenario does not want us to understand, for we are in the city of amnesia. And there EVERY BODY does not know anything, us too, like the citizens.

Unlike D, you aren't really giving a real reason as to why you think Evangelion is more "feasibile/credible" than Big O. If you're going to say so, at least put up a decent retort as to why Evangelion is more credible than Big O.

Also as far as the last episode goes, I always saw it as a reset (memories and all) just with different changes made (Dorothy for one) to this new version of the world. But I think they are closer to the truth if you will regarding what the hell is going on in Paradigm City. I... don't really care for a third season all that much but I would like to know what the creators and writers had up their sleeve in extra. Since its kind of obvious that there is a lot more they could have brought up with all the loose ends, rushjob and what else have you. I'm just wondering what else they had in store as far as Paradigm City and the mystery of the city and lost memories is all.
Peace.
R. Daniel Olk 01 04-07-2007 04:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Also, good call on the Angels attacking only Neo-Tokyo. That was bad form. It would have been better if they attacked different cities of the world,
Peace.

I agree that Evangelion should have had a more international tilt like that.

Problem:

The angels all attacked Neo-Tokyo because it stood above Lilith's holding chamber. The true badness of form was how NERV had built its city right there.

To have Angels attack across the globe would involve moving Lillith across the globe. To have Angels attack cities would mean transporting Lilith straight through those cities. Who would want to do that?

Don't be hatin' on the Japanese. I think a Japanese studio, making something as grandiose as Evangelion, has a privilege to set their story in Japan. It's not like there's any US or European studios making serious animations... at the moment.
Nine Kuze 04-07-2007 04:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Don't be hatin' on the Japanese. I think a Japanese studio, making something as grandiose as Evangelion, has a privilege to set their story in Japan. It's not like there's any US or European studios making serious animations... at the moment.

What in the name of Adam are you talking about?

No one is "hatin' on the Japanese". D just brought up a point that in a series where the entire world was affected by the Second Impact, its rather illogical that Japan is the only country that deals with attacks against the Angels, and I agree with him. True what you are saying about Lilith being in Tokyo and they have to merge with her to activate Third Impact. But if so, if that's the case, why are other countries getting involved with the mass production of Evangelions if they aren't being attacked? Sure there was that one thing in Nevada but still that wasn't due to an Angel I believe so why are the US, Germany, France, Britian, and others being involved if Lilith isn't hanging out in Philadelphia, Munich, Lyons, or Manchester but only in Tokyo? Just a thought to wonder about on that regard.
Peace.
Dangerous 04-07-2007 04:45 PM
It's true that at the end of the act 26 Roger and every other main characters were closer to the truth for we will understand why people lost their memories. We understand what happened 40 years ago. Angel is the "destructor".

Angel ? A woman who comes from nowhere and has cut wings behind her. Why ? Where does she come from ? In Evangelion where do the angels come from too ? Those angels had an origine. Holy writings told things about them. We all knew their existence. We all knew that they will come to destroy us. We all knew that they want to reach Adam to provoke the third impact. All = us, the viewers, the NERV, and every main characters, not the Earth citizens.

And Big O's Angel ? This woman, who is she ? Who "created" her ? Is she an alien ? And the megadeus ? Who or what built them ? .... The scenario of Big O, I mean the fact that every body live in a city without any past is very good. I don't criticize it. And we finally understand why. But what is the reason of Angel's presence. To end the storyline ? hum ... no.
Angels in Evangelion are as mysterious as Angel (Big O), we don't know where they come from, who or what "built" them, etc ... but we knew they existed centuries ago. Even if we don't care of who "built" them. We just know that they will come to eat us, to crush our f***ing race !

In Evangelion we enters a non-understandable and overwhelming meaning of Armageddon I would say. Who understands the Holy writings ? Just the NERV, the SEELE, and the main characters. Only them knew what will happen. There is the causes (the Angels which will come to destroy us) and the effect (the third impact)
But in the Big O, we have the effects first (the city of amnesia, for we don't know why we lost our memories) and the cause at the end (Big Venus ending us).

This is not the cause/effetc order that tells me the scenario is credible or not. As I said Evangelion is a non-understandable religious anime; but Big O is ..... is .....ended by an "Angel" we don't know.

Maybe Big O deserved more explanations for us. I don't criticize Big O, for I prefer this anime than Evangelion; far more ! But confess that the scenario is maybe not according to you credible than Evangelion's one, but poorer than this.

Actually even if I myself tell that Big O's scenario is poorer than the Evangelion's one, I prefer the Big O's one anyway.
Generalissimo D 04-07-2007 05:03 PM
quote:
But confess that the scenario is maybe not according to you credible than Evangelion's one, but poorer than this.

Let me reread this one more time to try to make some sens-

Dangerous 04-07-2007 05:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
Let me reread this one more time to try to make some sens-

Hem ! I did a mistake according to you ? NO ! I meant that the scenario of the Big O is maybe more credible than the Evangelion one according to you, but it is surely poorer than the Evangelion one according to me.

Understood ?

PS : indeed, my arguments give you the sensation that your head is blowing up.
Tony Ventresca 04-21-2007 05:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVIAlso as far as the last episode goes, I always saw it as a reset (memories and all) just with different changes made (Dorothy for one) to this new version of the world...

I haven't seen the last episode yet, but that description (or interpretation) reminds me of that movie Dark City, which was also about manipulation of memories and a city that gets "reset" each night.

TV
Inigo Montoya 04-22-2007 07:04 PM
To me the "reset" was a big copout with no real closure. A third season would definitely have been able to bring an end to Big O finally, but whatever.
War.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 04-25-2007 05:20 PM
Well. The last episode of Big O was kinda brainf******. Of course, that was nothing compare do End Of Evangelion, but still...
It left a hunger, a terrible hunger for knowledge. Knowledge what really happened and what will happen next.
I think that leaving anime at that point would be HELLUVA not fair to fans.
Dangerous 04-25-2007 05:24 PM
Big O finished as weirdly as if its creators really wanted to close the scenario quickly. They were bored of the Big O, and they finished it stupidly.

However I like this idea of non ending scenario, but it is not credible how it was finished.
Mike 04-25-2007 05:32 PM
Here's what I think happened.

They came up with a whole bunch of cool ideas for what to do for season 2, but they kind of forgot where they were going with the story.
They proceeded to implement a bunch of the cool stuff they made up, didn't really move the plot along at all, until it started going towards the end. Then they ran out of time quickly and we ended up with the weird, confusing ending we got.
Dangerous 04-25-2007 05:36 PM
That's exact !

They had a cool and credible idea, but confused however. And finallt they crashed their faces. They didn't arrive to what they wanted to do. They are sooo disappointed, like us !
d-d-d-dumbass 04-25-2007 06:10 PM
i cant wait to get the next volume of big o 2, i need volume 3.

but i wanna get it for a cheap price like i got the other ones for! Pleased
Inigo Montoya 04-25-2007 06:31 PM
People keep telling me I should purchase Big O's boxed sets, but I've been seriously looking at "Ah Megami-Sama" or "Ikki Tousen." Couple others I'm considering but those are the big ones.
War.
Nine Kuze 04-26-2007 01:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeon Master
"Ikki Tousen."

Wow, I've... actually been keeping up with both the series and the manga. Its pretty fun actually.

>_< Yeah.
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 04-26-2007 01:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
"Ikki Tousen."

Wow, I've... actually been keeping up with both the series and the manga. Its pretty fun actually.

>_< Yeah.
Peace.

Isn't it awesome, Nine? Like a cheap hentai thrill with all the fun of massive DBZ beatdowns. Also, turns out the Bleach creator (whatever his/her name is) is a fan of Bleach. Fancy that.

War.
Nine Kuze 04-26-2007 01:39 AM
quote:
Isn't it awesome, Nine? Like a cheap hentai thrill with all the fun of massive DBZ beatdowns. Also, turns out the Bleach creator (whatever his/her name is) is a fan of Bleach. Fancy that.

War.

That's a cool drawing bruh, but I think you got that sentence mixed up.

Maybe the Bleach creator is a fan of DBZ? Just askin' and going over how Bleach is done, that's very evident yeah.
Peace.