the last episode...

Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 08:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeon Master
And possibly one of the reasons it failed. People realized that

Giant Robots + Existentialism + Religious babbledy gook + Pseudophilosophical bullcrap = LAME

with Evangelion and the pussy of pussies, Shinji Ikari. As if a more irritating protagonist and crappier series ending could be invented. At least Big O's ending had some sense of closure versus Eva's weird... whatever.
War.

Tru Dat Tru Dat about Shinjl I cant stand him.
Nine Kuze 04-04-2007 08:21 PM
quote:
And possibly one of the reasons it failed. People realized that

Giant Robots + Existentialism + Religious babbledy gook + Pseudophilosophical bullcrap = LAME

with Evangelion and the pussy of pussies, Shinji Ikari. As if a more irritating protagonist and crappier series ending could be invented. At least Big O's ending had some sense of closure versus Eva's weird... whatever.
War.

Wait, what? I get that Big O kind of stumbled on itself towards the end, but its hardly anything to label it as a "failure" over. And didn't RahXephon try the exact same emphasis as Evangelion and do quite well? So the equation you're pimping there isn't exactly hooked, lined and sinker on that.

And I understand comparing this ending to Evangelion's ending (the true ending I mean). I watched the End of Eva film before watching the series and after watching that, for some reason Big O's ending made a lot of sense. I can't explain it but it did. Oh, and Evangelion's ending isn't confusing. It just throws a crapload of visual images and references at you (hate mail Anno? Come on now bruh) to throw you off track but its really not that confusing if you look past that charade and for what's really there. Unlike Big O, where it gives what it has under no disguise and it still makes no sense really.
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 04-04-2007 08:53 PM
I suppose that's true enough, Nahne, but damn, they were both confusing as hell. And I am stating it as a failure with people. It apparently didn't garner enough viewers for the third season, and did worse in Japan than in the US, so wouldn't that be called a failure?
War.
Nine Kuze 04-04-2007 10:38 PM
quote:
And I am stating it as a failure with people. It apparently didn't garner enough viewers for the third season, and did worse in Japan than in the US, so wouldn't that be called a failure?
War.

Oh okay, commercial and business wise then yeah, there was definetly much more loss then gain on that front yeah.
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 04-04-2007 10:45 PM
Oh yeah owned OH SNAP.
War.

(Really, this is only an excuse for me to keep using War at the end of my posts opposite you. Nyeh heh heh.)
Dangerous 04-05-2007 03:10 PM
People realized that there were no answers to a lot of questions in the Big O. Its scenario was composed in elements, facts that had no reason to be. Or no logic. Or just facts which were effects that had no causes to be explained.
Evangelion was hard to be understood, but it had something that Big O didn't have : the credibility.

Big O was just a plagia of Evangelion, and of other animes. People are not stupid. Too bad ...
Nine Kuze 04-05-2007 11:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
Evangelion was hard to be understood, but it had something that Big O didn't have : the credibility.

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh please, you are going to have to explain how its even possible to come up with the notion that Evangelion has more credibility than Big O.

quote:
(Really, this is only an excuse for me to keep using War at the end of my posts opposite you. Nyeh heh heh.)

You have to use it in all your posts though, like Peace. Peace and War go together.

...except Dale's Bar. That's pretty much anarchy and chaos, and I got another guy who takes care of the chaos bit, so yeah.
Peace.
Dangerous 04-06-2007 11:07 AM
Well I wrote that Evangelion is more credible than Big O for a couple of reasons.

The Evas are alive giant bodies without any soul. And the fact that pilots give them their soul to make them work is awesome. Roger pilots Big O by mechanical means. But at the end, in act 26 we could see Big O having its own decision (not only in act 26). How could it be ? It is just a robot ... but the Evas are "dead" bodies who work thanks to the human soul. And when the Eva 1 "woke up", the cause of it could be understandable : it is also an Angel. And "paranormal" causes could make it move by itself. And for Big O ? No way ! It is a metallic robot, without any soul.

That is just one detail; but an important one. And about the Evangelion scenario : we enters Christian Philosophy. There are a lot of things that could not be understood. But experienced .... like the awakening of the Eva 1.

I would even say that the scenario of Evangelion could be real in our life. That could happen. It is feasible. I say that even if I know THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. But ..... do you understand what I mean ? It is a probable scenario. However The Big O is far less credible than Evangelion. Also in Evangelion we get a lot of answers to questions we wonder; but in the Big O .... no. Who is Angel? Where does she come from? Etc ..... details that have their importance. Of course the scenario does not want us to understand, for we are in the city of amnesia. And there EVERY BODY does not know anything, us too, like the citizens.

The only big interest in the Big O is to see how to get the past of the city. The race for the truth. And the mysteries of what happened. Also in Evangelion we talk about the Impacts, etc .... but they are explained. That happened, we all know that and we all understand that, but in Big O there was an "event" that came for a reason we don't know, and people mysteriously lost their memories.
Generalissimo D 04-06-2007 11:21 AM
Living in a post-apocalyptic New York rolled back to the 20's, controlled by an autocracy that pretty much only rules because of a latent messiah worship for the builder of shelter and even moreso because of the Memories of the past they possess, with giant machines that can only operate with a proper set of processing parameters( lets call these drivers, or better yet, Core Memories) else they go f***ing batshit is far less feasible than Tokyo still standing, repelling attacks from angels(wtf) with massive biological mechs driven by whiny bitches and not manly negotiating men, only to discover that humans are indeed some sort of angel themselves.

Yeah, Evangelion is sure more credible.
Iron Maiden 04-06-2007 02:25 PM
I am terribly sorry if this has been pointed out, but I haven't been here in over a year. Anyway, did anyone notice that the the machine (I can't believe I forgot its name!) erasing everything has Big O's colors, only inverted? wow!!
Nine Kuze 04-06-2007 02:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Iron Maiden
I am terribly sorry if this has been pointed out, but I haven't been here in over a year. Anyway, did anyone notice that the the machine (I can't believe I forgot its name!) erasing everything has Big O's colors, only inverted? wow!!

Halo thar Kate Beckinsale Iron Maiden. Cool for you to drop in and see what's up.

Um, actually Big Venus' colors are black and pink aren't they? Close but yeah, also Venus looks a lot like Big O from the arms to the pistons to the shields on the forearms and from the legs as well.
Peace.
Iron Maiden 04-06-2007 03:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:

Halo thar Kate Beckinsale Iron Maiden. Cool for you to drop in and see what's up.

Um, actually Big Venus' colors are black and pink aren't they? Close but yeah, also Venus looks a lot like Big O from the arms to the pistons to the shields on the forearms and from the legs as well.
Peace.

Why the dash over Kate Beckinsale? Anyway I'm not sure if it is black and pink. I print screened the image from a youtube video and inverted the colors, Big Venus looks extremely simlar to Big O..
Nine Kuze 04-06-2007 03:11 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Peace.

Why the dash over Kate Beckinsale?

No real reason, just a small joking stab at your avatar is all.
Peace.
Iron Maiden 04-06-2007 03:13 PM
Heres the inverted images.. the top left is the real image from the episode. The top right is the same image only inverted, and the bottom one is the second image flipped horizontally. Just thought it looked mighty interesting....

btw thanks for replying quickly =D
Nine Kuze 04-06-2007 03:16 PM
quote:
Heres the inverted images.. the top left is the real image from the episode. Just thought it looked mighty interesting....

That is interesting... and no problem.

It was a long time ago but I really like what Uncle ACT said about that scene with Big O and Venus "merging into each other". He said something like Venus represented the illusion of Paradigm City and Big O represented the reality. When the two combined, they are are to create a new fabrication of the city with both aspects (or recreate... whichever your thing is) working together until the "program" reaches it limit again like it did in the latter episodes of Big O.

Something like that but its a real interesting aspect of what tha scene between the two megaduses could really mean.
Peace.
Iron Maiden 04-06-2007 03:22 PM
quote:
quote:
Heres the inverted images.. the top left is the real image from the episode. Just thought it looked mighty interesting....

That is interesting... and no problem.

It was a long time ago but I really like what Uncle ACT said about that scene with Big O and Venus "merging into each other". He said something like Venus represented the illusion of Paradigm City and Big O represented the reality. When the two combined, they are are to create a new fabrication of the city with both aspects (or recreate... whichever your thing is) working together until the "program" reaches it limit again like it did in the latter episodes of Big O.

Something like that but its a real interesting aspect of what tha scene between the two megaduses could really mean.
Peace.

I like that, it makes perfect sense aswell. Thanks ^_^
Nine Kuze 04-06-2007 03:24 PM
quote:
I like that, it makes perfect sense aswell. Thanks ^_^

Sure thing...
[offtopic]...oh, and Happy Birthday two days ago. A little late but yeah.[/offtopic]
Peace.
Dangerous 04-06-2007 04:09 PM
I used the inverted colored Big Venus as avatar those last weeks, one month ago if I remember well.
Nine Kuze 04-06-2007 08:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
Living in a post-apocalyptic New York rolled back to the 20's, controlled by an autocracy that pretty much only rules because of a latent messiah worship for the builder of shelter and even moreso because of the Memories of the past they possess, with giant machines that can only operate with a proper set of processing parameters( lets call these drivers, or better yet, Core Memories) else they go f***ing batshit is far less feasible than Tokyo still standing, repelling attacks from angels(wtf) with massive biological mechs driven by whiny bitches and not manly negotiating men, only to discover that humans are indeed some sort of angel themselves.

Yeah, Evangelion is sure more credible.

This post is awesome. Big O wins, KO in the second round.

Also, good call on the Angels attacking only Neo-Tokyo. That was bad form. It would have been better if they attacked different cities of the world, but yeah. I've said bad form to Anno enough times for him to get the message by now.
Peace.
Dangerous 04-07-2007 01:43 PM
Evnagelion is more credible than Big O, but anyway I personally like more Big O than Avangelion. Else I would have stayed on a forum where they only speak about Evangelion.