Movie or season?

Big Jauln 03-24-2007 10:32 PM
I know some of you want a new season to continue Big O, and some of you want a new movie. So, to sort which one is more wanted, I've set up this poll.

(Please, no ''how about both?'' postsFrown )
Mike 03-24-2007 10:54 PM
Movie. Pull an Evangelion and say the last two episodes happened in Roger's head or something, or erase the last couple episodes and replace it with something that makes sense.

The art book had a lot of stuff that was cut out, such as a bunch of notations on the Big Yellow Thing (Behemoth) which nobody could read because it was in Japanese. I think there was a lot of stuff they were forced to cut out because they ran out of time. Put it into a movie and give us an actual ending please.
Larry99 03-25-2007 01:23 PM
Season cuz it last longer. it would be hard to make a new season when the last episode ended with Roger in the first episode so it probably won't happen. (I have episodes on dvd)
Generalissimo D 03-25-2007 01:27 PM
Movie. More production values for a smaller project means a better product.
Shadow dorothy 03-25-2007 02:13 PM
Season. A season can explain so much more. And I think an After season movie would be cool but......
Heavy Metal Instro 03-25-2007 05:50 PM
Maybe they should do both, couldn't hurt anything as long as it isn't crazy like the End of Evangelion, great series, weird movie.
The_Big_G 03-25-2007 08:37 PM
Gimme a new season...that's got a movie budget.
Mr. Peabody 03-25-2007 08:48 PM
I'd prefer a third season.
Nazrael 03-25-2007 09:08 PM
A new season wouldn't get much attention. A movie would get more fanbase, so another season would ocme out of it, most likely.
Nine Kuze 03-26-2007 09:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Movie. Pull an Evangelion and say the last two episodes happened in Roger's head or something, or erase the last couple episodes and replace it with something that makes sense.

Holy hell, anything BUT this. I don't know if you were just using End of Evangelion as a vague example, but for that to be played out in Big O as it happened in Eva would be worse than a cop-out and much, much more vague and confusing that what we have with the original ending in Act 26 as it is now.

Anyway, I don't know and I'm leaning more towards another season but a movie would be interesting and there's a lot of material to use as well. Would it be an adapation of the original series or would it expand the story and continue from where it left off? Also, I myself got a treatment for like a three hour adapation of Big O, so yeah. >_<
Peace.
Umbrella 03-26-2007 11:58 AM
Season, because there's more opportunity to develop a longer story without giving too much away at one time and there's no worry about leaving out important details for time sake.
paul1290 03-26-2007 02:43 PM
I would go with a new season because it would allow the story to be explained in more detail.

However, a movie would also be nice because it would expand the fanbase which might result in a new season as well.
Dangerous 03-26-2007 04:08 PM
Season of course. Nobody, or just the majority Smile , does not understand the end of this anime. So a third season is welcome to teach us the "truth". However I believe the storyline is over at the end of the second season for it is a cycle.

Thus I hesitated between "season" and "storyline over".
Ollen70 03-28-2007 01:40 AM
A season. A movie with a bad or even mediocre turn-out can ruin the credibility great series. Look at "Firefly" and "Serenity." Nothing against "Serenity," though. I liked it.
Xel 03-28-2007 12:21 PM
Series ended fine. Big Grin I've got no exceptional desire for "MOAR BIG O!!1" for its own sake and I don't feel that I have to have the "right answer" to the ending spoonfed to me, so. No particular need.
paul1290 03-28-2007 03:21 PM
I would like to see more Big-O, but not to wrap up and completely explain the story. After all, Big-O wouldn't be Big-O without a plot that leaves the viewers to fill in the gaps.

However, I felt that there was just so much more that the series could have done and so many things that could have been taken further.

Some examples:

-Norman and Dorothy:
I think a lot more could have been done with both of these characters. We don't see much of Norman's personality at all despite the fact he is so important to the story. Dorothy is probably second only to Roger in importance but we know almost nothing about her personality other than a few hints every few episodes. If there ever is a third season then a few episodes told from Norman or Dorothy's point of view would be nice.

-Paradigm vs. Union conflict:
I think it's just so unfortunate that this conflict is introduced so late in the series and it isn't given much meaning at all. We know so little about this conflict it seems that its only purpose is to provide a reason for Angel's actions throughout the series.

-Wayneright's involvement:
If you carefully look at the chain of events that make up the story of Big-O, it becomes clear that the death of Timothy Wayneright was important to the start of the plot. I think it might even be safe to say that nearly all the events in Big-O were the result of a domino effect set off by his death. I think Wayneright's importance could have been expanded upon because of his unique position in the story.
Dangerous 03-28-2007 03:44 PM
Maybe the goal of the persons who made the storyline was to "take our hand" to invite us at Paradigm City, but to keep the objective view.

I mean that every persons in this city don't know what happened in the past; even the most important persons. We are permanently facing, like every persons, overwhelming facts and events that exist for reasons we will NEVER understand. The viewer, I mean us, are like those persons, may they are important or not.
We, the viewers, are like any person in Paradigm City. Also us have those questions that the characters are wondering. We are, the viewers, citizens of Paradigm City, even if we don't physically exist there, but we meet the questions and the problems of the original inhabitants.

Of course there were points that had to be explained, like what is the Union, where does it come from, why does it exist; Who is Angel ? Who built and who invented the megadeuses ? ....

We would like a third season to explain us the storyline.
But as I said we are like the citizens of this city, but we are the foreigners of the truth like them.

So I vote for "no need of a third season" because we will always face, like the inhabitants, existential questions. [I originally voted for 'a third season' for I still want some explanations like every one, even if the writers of the storyline want to give us the "confusion" that reigns in Paradigm City]
Revan 03-28-2007 04:06 PM
I wouldn't mind a standalone movie that slots in somewhere in the existing seasons (preferably the 1st as that had a better feel). It could give some added character and relationship development and/or fill in a bit of back story such as what really happened to Michael Seebach. Plus some megadeus battles and actions scenes. That would be cool. Cool
Capt. Quekolis 03-28-2007 06:04 PM
Dont get me wrong a movie would great. But I dont think it would be enough. A season would get more attention. Maybe later a movie
FatFrank 04-27-2007 12:32 AM
Season.

A movie would most definitely rush a whole lot of stuff.