What was your first Anime/ Manga or both...

Sara Comatori 03-18-2007 11:45 PM
My first was Pokemon. (Yes it is an Anime.) First Manga too. (The Manga is way better then the Anime.)

But I picked up on the Dragonball seires and it grew from there.
Hollow XXVI 03-19-2007 01:25 AM
For manga, Kenshin.

Anime...uh...I'm sure I watched some as a kid and just didn't realize they were anime. But the first one I can remember is Pokemon.

What kind of Pokemon are youuuuuuu, do you have a heart that's truuuuuue
Nine Kuze 03-19-2007 01:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI

That Pokemon rap was idiotic and additive at the same time.

Um, my first anime was Sailor Moon (I watched a crapload of the episodes again recently) and my first manga was Dragonball Z.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 03-19-2007 01:44 AM
Evangelion.

We all make mistakes people, we all make mistakes.
Green_Bird 03-19-2007 01:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI

That Pokemon rap was idiotic and additive at the same time.

That wasn't the Poke-rap. That was an actual song, sadly. I swear those dub songs had to use subliminal messages....

As I said 100 times before...My first was 2 seconds of some anime that was played on Sci-fi when I was 6. My first real anime was Pokemon and then moved on to Tenchi and OLS from there. It would seem the last two widened my anime prospective.
Nine Kuze 03-19-2007 01:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Evangelion.

We all make mistakes people, we all make mistakes.

We're not here to judge, Sharpie. Also, if this counts then Speed Racer. And then Tenchi, Gundam Wing and DBZ.

EDIT: Oh, didn't know that G_B. Still bad either way it goes.
Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 03-19-2007 05:56 AM
My first anime was either Sailor Moon or Pokemon. But I'm leaning more towards Sailor Moon because I watched it in the morning. Then it was Tenchi, Cardcaptors, Mon Cole Knights, DBZ, Outlaw Star. . . Gooood times. Pleased

Manga-wise. . . A couple of stories from Yu-Gi-Oh. The first one I read officially. . . Hmm. . . FAKE. . . One Piece. . . Gravitation. . . Sh*t. I don't remember that far back. Shocked
Revan 03-19-2007 12:41 PM
When I was 12 or so I have lingering memories of Dragonball Z, a single episode of Escaflowne and of course the obligatory Pokemon. Later on I seem to remember the odd clip of Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star for some reason.

Though Big O was my first true anime, as in I watched it properly and became all obsessed for a while. Then after this I managed to watch Bebop (almost) fully. As for manga, eh, not really into that- the only stuff I have seen was the official stuff for Zelda: OoT and MM.
The Question 03-19-2007 02:38 PM
I watched akira when I was about 3.
Manga was trigun I think
Sharpshooter005 03-19-2007 04:05 PM
Oh right, I remember seeing some sailor moon as a kid

Does it count though since I remember my main reaction to it was "what the f*** is this?" Also I saw ghost in the shell in a blockbuster once...I don't mean it was on a television I mean I saw the box
Generalissimo D 03-19-2007 04:13 PM
Knights of the Zodiac.
Sharpshooter005 03-19-2007 04:14 PM
...They made a cartoon about the zodiac killer?
Schoolie 03-19-2007 06:18 PM
First anime: Robotech: Macross (or maybe that anime Heidi movie)

Loved the big eyes and melodramatic storyline with Rick, Lisa, and Minmei.
Tickle Tickle 03-19-2007 09:09 PM
My first ever anime was Anderson Douwa: Ningyo Hime or as it's most commonly know as Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid. Toei Animation's adaption of the famous fable, came out in 1975. Follows the original story very closely unlike the Disney's pile of crap.

My first anime series however was Speed Racer. Watched it on MTV, and on Cartoon Network.

My first manga was Sailor Moon. I remeber I bought most of my issues from Hot Topic.
Seihou 03-21-2007 09:39 PM
My first anime was the final VHS tape from the original Bio-Booster Armor Guyver OVA that I rented from Blockbuster when I was 7 or so.

As for manga, same thing. Bought my first issue in Japan in 1998 and it's had me hooked since.
Capt. Quekolis 03-28-2007 06:15 PM
Mine was Gundam Wing. when it came on Toonami like right before Big O originally aired, I never watched it b/c I thought it was dumb. But looks as if the tables have turned.
Sara Comatori 03-29-2007 07:08 AM
I remembered somthing...

When your like 6 and 5 and had no idea what Manga and Anime was, Does Pokemon count?

what I'm trying to say is. I had no idea that it was Japanese. My sister was an ass and kept trying to convince be it wasn't. (I don't listen to her.)
It looked like a normal kids show about cool animals and some kid with a mouth to big for his face.
Inigo Montoya 03-29-2007 07:16 AM
My first anime was Ghost in the Shell. My first manga was Appleseed, which I also watched right after Ghost in the Shell on Showtime with my dad.
Dangerous 03-29-2007 12:53 PM
Goldorak
Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 07:59 PM
I remember Poke mon everybody went crazy over that. That was the things to get the cards and play or trade them. It seems so mundane now.