Toonami's.... newest 'makeover'...

R.Smith 03-18-2007 05:50 PM
The sun has risen on a world without Toonami

I knew something was up, as they had a date on one of their bumpers that I randomly caught... but this....... this is awful! Dead

Lost all the 'edge' they gained in the past years in one brief idiotic decision. Sweatdrop

Granted I don't watch it too much these days, but still this is really a move in the wrong direction. Thumbs Down

Maybe writing to CN about their horrid choice will get us the 'edgy' TOM back...maybe.

Cartoon Network
Mailing address:

The Cartoon Network
Box 105264
1050 Techwood Drive, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 827-1717
Big Money 03-18-2007 06:12 PM
JIHAD
evanASF27 03-18-2007 06:24 PM
What......the HELL was that?
Nine Kuze 03-18-2007 06:29 PM
...um, I didn't know Toonami was still around. At least R.Smith still is though.
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 03-18-2007 06:40 PM
That's not Tom!!!!
I miss the old skool Toonami, Raising Sun and Midnight Run man.
Hollow XXVI 03-18-2007 07:25 PM
I don't mind giving the robots emotions, and the setting was alright, but why do they look like Thomas the Tank Engine, seriousky.

Oh well, he's a robot that introduces NARUTO, so I guess he WOULD look retarded.
evanASF27 03-18-2007 07:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
I don't mind giving the robots emotions, and the setting was alright, but why do they look like Thomas the Tank Engine, seriousky.

Umm... they actually don't. I'm not totally suprised people assumed that, but aside from the face of Tom being grey... there is no other similarity (not even physically).

Giving Tom a face....is just wrong... he was more badass with the helmet.
Hollow XXVI 03-18-2007 07:43 PM
Uh, Thomas has a circular grey head inside a metal body. It's not copyright infringement but it IS close enough for masses to go "WTF THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE?!"
evanASF27 03-18-2007 07:51 PM
quote:
Uh, Thomas has a circular grey head inside a metal body. It's not copyright infringement but it IS close enough for masses to go "WTF THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE?!"

That's why I said "I'm not suprised that's what they assumed" Tongue lol

I'm just one of the few that didn't say "omg it's TtTE!" the moment he saw it. What I said when I saw was "my god that doesn't look right on Tom". heh
Generalissimo D 03-18-2007 08:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
JIHAD
The Big Finale 03-18-2007 08:26 PM
I say, if this is how things are going to be, get rid of TOM entirely.

Let's have Moltar back.
Seihou 03-18-2007 08:43 PM
Argh! Toonami! Gone! Let's just pray that passing remark about Outlaw Star will spur something to get it back on TV... please?
Hollow XXVI 03-18-2007 08:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Finale
I say, if this is how things are going to be, get rid of TOM entirely.

Let's have Moltar back.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought.

"Screw this CG crap, where's Moltar?"
Larry99 03-18-2007 09:06 PM
I say keep Tom, we need a host, just make him look kewl. Tom looked like a complete badass is the old one. Now he looks like something off of the Disney Channel. Tom doesn't have that anime look any more. Now he looks like... I dunno what he looks like. Can anyone help me out?
Sharpshooter005 03-18-2007 09:20 PM
Tom..

Oh goddammit they're not making more episodes of tom goes to the mayor are they?
Sara Comatori 03-18-2007 09:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Larry99
I say keep Tom, we need a host, just make him look kewl. Tom looked like a complete badass is the old one. Now he looks like something off of the Disney Channel. Tom doesn't have that anime look any more. Now he looks like... I dunno what he looks like. Can anyone help me out?

He looks like somthing from a cheap robot game. One that only lasted two days and only three people knew about. The creators lost 20 thousend dollars and kill them selves... all because there main charcter looks the way it does.

Is that what you wanted?
Sharpshooter005 03-18-2007 09:37 PM
Apparently children like being ordered around by cold, unfeeling automotons.
Sara Comatori 03-18-2007 09:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Apparently children like being ordered around by cold, unfeeling automotons.

It's supossed to feed the mordern dream of the future. Since all dream of the future. It is only natural. It's a good mascot though. And Tom isn't lifeless...

But the old Tom was cool... WAIT! Bring back Moltar!
Jonny Axehandle 03-18-2007 09:52 PM
quote:
"Screw this CG crap, where's Moltar?"

Um, Moltar WAS CG...
Volt 03-18-2007 09:59 PM
Honestly I didn't realize they still had Toonami on there... I thought they replaced it with "Miguzi" or whatever it was called, and all those TV shows about anthropomorphic monkeys. Then again I stopped watching Toonami back when an ad of their's called DBZ the best action cartoon on the planet... What do they even show nowadays? I remember back in the day they had uncut Gundam Wing for a while.... good times...