Blood+

Raven 03-11-2007 12:04 AM
I didn't even realize they were showing this on Adult Swim until tonight. Anyone else catch the first episode besides me? This easily looks like a better anime than Trinity Blood was which has already been removed from the lineup. Big Grin
Nine Kuze 03-11-2007 05:25 AM
Yeah, when I was watching this I remember that angelcakes had a theme based off of this series. From the guy's boring expression on his face and his hair being swayed to the left to the crazy girl slicing kids up like you know what from the flashbacks.

But yeah and just going on the first episode they aired tonight, this is one of the best made anime series I've seen in a while (after the GITS Stand Alone Complex series of course). The editing and the photography is off the chain (for example, the editing with the army and the helicopter flying over head in the beginning, the scenes with the girl cutting down everything in her path, the flashbacks when she was walking down the street and even when she was going over the bar in her gym class). Also, the characters are interesting and I like the girl and the brief insight into the story so far.

Also, that on scene where the brother was answering his father on the phone and before that, the camera panned to left showing a whole mess of f***ed up guys who were just in a fight was impressive. And it answered the question of what he does with his spare time as well. And that one shot of the guy with the hair and daggers kissing the girl reminded me of another anime that did the exact same thing and I couldn't pin it down until I remembered the Cowboy Bebop film with the same gimmick of forcing blood down someone's throat with a kiss like Vincent and Faye did.

So yeah, the series is good right now and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Hopefully it won't go in the way of the previous series that it ended up replacing (burn in hell, you parody of a drivel).
Peace.
Valdoom 03-11-2007 09:03 AM
Well I think Blood looks very promising. Don't take me wrong here, I thought it was really good, but I've seen things get worse before... I was thinking of whats going to happen to the brother. At the moment he is a major side character, and side characters at the start of a story may be killed off to make a point. Also, What was with AS the first intro for Blood+ That I had ever seen was 20 min before it came on. Finally, I can't imagine where Blood+ got it's name watching the first three min. and all...
R. Daniel Olk 01 03-11-2007 01:23 PM
Oh yay! A show I know about!

Yeah, this show is definitely way better than Trinity Blood, but then again that doesn't say much.

The first, let's say four episodes, they're good. The first episode absolutely shines. It's got that lovely animation and plenty of mystery.

Then you have to wait until episode thirty-two (out of fifty) for anything momentous or unexpected to happen, or for new character information to emerge. The series throws minor curve-balls at you, but only about minor things, and in your standard animé fashion... predictable twists you might say.

The show doesn't introduce any new mysteries beyond the first batch... so yeah. Over half the show is relatively dead space. Developments that should take two episodes take four.

The reason for this is obvious enough: the show had many large sponsors during its creation in Japan. The production company didn't have enough story for fifty episodes, but wanted to drag it out that long in order to draw as much funding as possible. They could do this; Blood + had hype from the movie that inspired it: Blood: The Last Vampire.

Now that was a fun movie.
Heavy Metal Instro 03-11-2007 04:50 PM
I just hope it's not another Trinity Blood. That show started off looking like it was going to be really really cool. But then it got stupid, and such. But so far it looked cool.
Sara Comatori 03-13-2007 11:21 PM
No dissin Trinity Blood. Enough. Blood+ looks cool but they look funny in profile... no lips. So far the guy with the devil hand is cool. I can' tell what kind of inserment he plays. A Bass maybe.... Can't tell.
Sharpshooter005 03-14-2007 02:15 AM
I missed the first episode but...

quote:
The show doesn't introduce any new mysteries beyond the first batch... so yeah. Over half the show is relatively dead space. Developments that should take two episodes take four.

What I'm hearing here is "inuyasha with vampires". I really thought we were finally past that dark chapter in basic cable, hopefully I'm wrong.
Nine Kuze 03-14-2007 06:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori
No dissin Trinity Blood. Enough. Blood+ looks cool but they look funny in profile... no lips.

Trinity Blood brought this on itself... for a multitude of reasons.

And they actually do have lips. There's a close up of the main girl's lips in the first five minutes for example. So yeah.

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
I missed the first episode but...

quote:

What I'm hearing here is "inuyasha with vampires". I really thought we were finally past that dark chapter in basic cable, hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm hoping that's wrong as well cause we all know how InuYasha screwed people over with the overkilling of filler and what not. And how bout that interesting plotline and character development? Oh, wait.

But nah, I guess we'll have to wait and see for the time being. And just from the pilot episode, the series looks interesting enough that it won't fall into those same traps as the other two series mentioned did.

The gruesome and detailed killings with a sword alone should guarantee just that.
Peace.
R. Daniel Olk 01 03-14-2007 09:35 AM
I was impressed as well. Artistically, that opening sequence in Vietnam was just perfect. The fighting begins when the flare goes up, and has ended by the time the flare hits the ground. Stylish! Cool And all that new mystery introduced in the first couple episodes!

I can see it succeeded in getting your hopes up.Crying

OKAY, I'm done naysaying. Before I start harping over and over, that's all from me.

>-------------------------------------------------<

Comatori, that'd be a cello.
Sharpshooter005 03-14-2007 02:45 PM
quote:
that opening sequence in Vietnam was just perfect.

Please tell me one of the characters is a thinly disguised ripoff of the col. kurtz from apocalypse now.

That would be neat.
Nine Kuze 03-14-2007 04:06 PM
quote:
quote:

Please tell me one of the characters is a thinly disguised ripoff of the col. kurtz from apocalypse now.

That would be neat.

Good Lord, I hope so. They haven't went into all the characters that much but if I had to say someone, then for the moment the brother looks like a clear candidate. I explained the scene already in my first post here but there's this part with a lot of bodies that look beaten up and then some and then it pans to the left to the kid who calmly picks up his phone.

So yeah. Hopefully he'll see the horror and that he'll be more than an errand boy.
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 03-14-2007 07:47 PM
I was suprised to see it. I enjoyed dont get me wrong but the whole Vietnam thing at the beginning kinda trough me for a loop.
Scourge 03-14-2007 10:56 PM
I kind of already have a hate of this show, I saw the movie Blood and like with most anime movies, after watching the movie I was left confused and angered.

(Most of the anime movies I see without any connection to any pre-existing series always suck balls because they never explain anything and throw you into the action.)
Heavy Metal Instro 03-18-2007 09:52 AM
Can someone do a really good summary of what happen in the last episode? I was gone and missed it, and I was looking forward to watching it.
Nine Kuze 03-18-2007 06:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
quote:

That would be neat.

Good Lord, I hope so. They haven't went into all the characters that much but if I had to say someone, then for the moment the brother looks like a clear candidate. I explained the scene already in my first post here but there's this part with a lot of bodies that look beaten up and then some and then it pans to the left to the kid who calmly picks up his phone.

So yeah. Hopefully he'll see the horror and that he'll be more than an errand boy.
Peace.

I'm gonna have to retort this back. The kid is more like Willard than Kurtz. Granted, the Willard whose gone insane by the time he meets Kurtz, but still Willard all the same.

And the episode, not nearly as good as the pilot was still good nonetheless. Some more insight into the character, damn I forget her name and her past in Vietnam or so forth and the imagery is still damn good. I thought the brother Ki would be a good fighter but yeah, couldn't land a single punch on that one mysterious guy with the cello.

Oh and that one younger brother has a really annoying voice. Like on the edge of really being confused for a girl going through puberty. Still, the series has promise and I'll hang with it.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 03-26-2007 11:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
I kind of already have a hate of this show, I saw the movie Blood and like with most anime movies, after watching the movie I was left confused and angered.

(Most of the anime movies I see without any connection to any pre-existing series always suck balls because they never explain anything and throw you into the action.)

Lol, getting angry at anime movies. Isn't that the point of an anime film based off of a series? To throw you into the action right off because of the implication that the most people watching this would be the ones who have kept up the series in the first place? Granted, it doesn't work all the time but its nothing of a nuisance really.

Anyway, this episode looked into Saiya and George's past as ol' boy told her what was up about her. Not much happened but it was interesting nonetheless. George got messed up at the end and looks dead so yeah, that was fast. I'll stick with the series I suppose. The characters are interesting where the plot really isn't yet and Saiya is pretty developed as a character so far. Except for that one shady, fake-ass Eastern European character in the white suit with the supposed vampire connections that is.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 03-26-2007 02:32 PM
I keep forgetting this is on.

Then again its like..50 episodes so I'm sure I'll see it eventually
Nine Kuze 03-26-2007 02:46 PM
...this series is 50 episodes long? Wow, lots of series these days are getting an extended length when they really shouldn't be. I was thinking this was a 26 series, since it doesn't seem like the series needs that long of a run at all.
Peace.
Scourge 03-26-2007 02:55 PM
quote:
quote:

Lol, getting angry at anime movies. Isn't that the point of an anime film based off of a series? To throw you into the action right off because of the implication that the most people watching this would be the ones who have kept up the series in the first place? Granted, it doesn't work all the time but its nothing of a nuisance really.

I said anime movies without any connection to a series.

Very few anime movies without a base suck, suck hard.
Nine Kuze 03-26-2007 02:56 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

I said anime movies without any connection to a series.

Very few anime movies without a base suck, suck hard.

Oh... could you give some examples on said movies then?
Peace.