Blood+

Nine Kuze 04-22-2007 04:21 AM
Really not all that much on this episode and I know the length of the series has been discussed and noted already, but seem to be taking their sweet time with the advancement of the plot and all.

Pretty much, David, Saiya and the other guy broke into the wildlife center, found George who began to transform into one of vampires and Saiya had to kill him. They tried to make it touching and for the most part, it was alright. But yeah, other than that not too much.

Didn't think they get rid of the father so quickly though. He was a good character.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 05-06-2007 11:00 PM
I don't know if anyone saw the latest episode on Blood+, but does anyone know the VA of the girl who is Saiya's roommate? Her voice was damn annoying, but I could have sworn that I've heard it before.

Anyway, the episode was strange to start with (undercover work at an all-girl's private school? What?), got better with the chemistry of Saiya and her roommate and then ended weird again (secret Phantom in a rip-off of Phantom of the Opera? What?).

Although it was a good episode and I loved the references to Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo when Saiya was in the bell tower.
Peace.
Schoolie 05-14-2007 07:03 PM
Just watched the most recent episode - where the two brothers are in Vietnam. This series may take its sweet time with several episodes, but I'm forcing myself to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Oh yeah - did anyone else recognize the piano piece played by that one-legged girl (sorry, forget her name)? It was the same Chopin piece (Prelude 15, Op. 28, Sostenuto) that Dorothy learns and plays with Instro in Big O!!!
Nine Kuze 05-16-2007 12:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
Just watched the most recent episode - where the two brothers are in Vietnam. This series may take its sweet time with several episodes, but I'm forcing myself to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Oh yeah - did anyone else recognize the piano piece played by that one-legged girl (sorry, forget her name)? It was the same Chopin piece (Prelude 15, Op. 28, Sostenuto) that Dorothy learns and plays with Instro in Big O!!!

Yeah, the series is taking its sweet time. Don't know why and I don't know how long the series is but I don't think it should really be this long to the point of abusing its length. We know the bad form on InuYasha's part, yes.

Also, that episode was weak to me and just when I decided to tape an episode (I didn't eventually). I like the "handheld camera" work they use though, kind of reminds me of an Alfonso Cuaron/Fernando Meirelles movie (two directors I love). And the aspect of Vietnam was interesting too.

I thought that piano piece sounded familiar, didn't know that Chopin was the one who did it though. And yeah, I recognized that from Big O and FMA had a similar one to it as well. Anyway the episode is kind of like a filler to focus on the brothers being separated from Saiya, but I hope they don't focus on them too much. The series needs to be on Saiya and the bros aren't that interesting to begin with really. Man, the younger one has an annoying voice.
Peace.
R. Daniel Olk 01 05-16-2007 12:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
I don't know how long the series is but I don't think it should really be this long to the point of abusing its length.

As noted on the very first page, as well as a handful of posts later, it's 50 episodes. It abuses its length, and wastes watchers' time, big-time. You must have nothing else to watch if you're resorting to this. Me, I'd rather re-watch something better.

The movie is good, though. THAT I highly suggest.
Somebody said it's confusing but it's really not. Girl with vampire powers has to kill monsters. Simple as that. It's more surreal than it is confusing.
Capt. Quekolis 05-18-2007 12:41 PM
Dude thats so cool they put that song in Blood that was in Big O.
Nine Kuze 05-20-2007 01:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
The movie is good, though. THAT I highly suggest.
Somebody said it's confusing but it's really not. Girl with vampire powers has to kill monsters. Simple as that. It's more surreal than it is confusing.

There's a movie from this? Interesting.

New episode focused on Saiya and her school with 'The Phantom' and whatnot. Even though I guessed it at the beginning of the episode, in a shocking twist, The Phantom is actually the school headmaster. The blue rose garden thing kind of remainded me of the hatch from Lost, kind of like a plot device that's going to be used later and visited again.

Also great, great editing on what happened to Saiya in the Vietnam War and what's going on in the present. Wonder when she's going to get her memory back and all that.

When the teacher said "You need to learn about the history of Vietnam", I just said to myself; "All you need to do for that is watch Platoon, and follow that up with Apocalypse Now."

You'll get more than you need from those two about that topic. Amirite?
Peace.
R. Daniel Olk 01 05-20-2007 10:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
There's a movie from this? Interesting.

Actually, the movie predates the series.

My inference is, because the series had a large number of sponsors on its Japanese release, that the original movie had great popularity and built up a large base of fans slavering for a series. The production studio clamored to slam out a fat fifty episodes, real quick, to capitalize on all the popularity (and the sponsors). The result is something twice as long as it really should be. That's what I'm thinking, anyway.

Though, from what you say about InuYasha, writers can screw up even if there's already plenty of source material.
Shady Dark Lady 06-23-2007 11:28 PM
I'm just looking foward to enjoying each episode as it slowly develops the characters and plotline. I like Saiya, but I like Haji the best. When they showed the Phantom, I kept thinking of Sailor Moon. He looks like a Sailor Moon villian or a deranged Tuxedo Mask XD
Nine Kuze 06-24-2007 12:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shady Dark Lady
When they showed the Phantom, I kept thinking of Sailor Moon. He looks like a Sailor Moon villian or a deranged Tuxedo Mask XD

And here I thought I was the only one who did that.

Tonight's episode was good, showing the conflict with Saya in wanting a normal life with her brothers and friends in her hometown and then going off to fight and figure out her past as well.

Lol, my friend Dustin and I wanted her friend to kiss her. It would have added to the dramatic conflict is all. >_>

EDIT: At least I thought so, I can't speak for him really. :o
Peace.
Schoolie 07-10-2007 07:20 PM
Missed this show (along with Bleach) on the past weekend (7/8/07). Could someone fill me in? Thanks!
Nine Kuze 07-11-2007 12:24 AM
Schoolie, you need to come back and discuss this stuff with us, not just when you miss an episode or what have you. :o

Anyway, everyone went to Russia traveling on the Trans-Russian Express. There's this Shield agent called Eliza who is traveling with them and after a while, Saya is getting a blood transfusing when two of the monsters attack. The figure out that they were two guys that they encountered before and they have been artifically changed. Saya and the crew kill the monsters but one pulls Reiko off the train and Saya and Haji go after them. The woman, Eliza, seemingly jumps off the train as well and the rest of the group stops the train and looks for them.

The last shot shows Saya knocked out in the snow, holding her sword all alone.

Anyway for those who have seen it, what the hell was up with that Eliza person whose body was shown being thrown off the train and then appearing again and then jumping off the train at the end like that? Also, I like how they show Riku's desperation and uselessness in situations like these, especially through the outlet of David.

And I think everyone pretty much knows that Riku wants to "bunk" with Saya alright. :o
Peace.
Raven 07-11-2007 01:00 AM
Wow, Eliza was really a waste of a character. She had a decent backstory and then boom, she is naked and dead.

Anyway, Nine, what happened is that the real Eliza was killed and her clothes were stolen and she is now being impersonated by that 'old woman'. That woman is, in reality, a man named Amshel. He is the oldest and the most powerful of Diva's Chevaliers
Nine Kuze 07-11-2007 01:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Anyway, Nine, what happened is that the real Eliza was killed and her clothes were stolen and she is now being impersonated by that 'old woman'. That woman is, in reality, a man named Amshel. He is the oldest and the most powerful of Diva's Chevaliers

Oh...

...where the hell did you get that entail? Whose your uplink to your information?

EDIT: Have they shown this already or is this info coming up in the next couple of episodes? Knowing you Raven, its probably the latter but the only ones I know that are connected to Diva are that one blonde that apparently had some history with Saya, Carl the dean at that one school in Vietnam and the other soldier that talked to the blonde at sea regarding Diva. So yeah, I don't know if they mentioned a Amshel yet at all in the story.
Peace.
Raven 07-11-2007 02:35 AM
No he wasn't mentioned yet. I just did a bit of poking around and watching ahead for that stuff. But yes, the blond kid, the black guy, and Carl are all Chevaliers as well. I am pretty sure that European guy always eating candy is just a regular human though.
Nine Kuze 07-11-2007 06:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
No he wasn't mentioned yet. I just did a bit of poking around and watching ahead for that stuff. But yes, the blond kid, the black guy, and Carl are all Chevaliers as well. I am pretty sure that European guy always eating candy is just a regular human though.

But he's working for them anyway though right. The token European that is.

They haven't even gave a simple notion as to what Diva is yet, except for it was that thing in the big silver storage box that one episode.

I don't know if it was mentioned before but I liked that one episode with just that bum of a reporter and that rich girl obsessed with Riku trying to find them. Wonder when they'll turn up again and what they'll turn up about Vietnam.
Peace.
Schoolie 07-11-2007 07:20 PM
Sorry for not checking in so much. I'm trying to get caught up watching the show, let alone talking about them Smile

I liked the second-to-last episode with the reporter and the girlfriend. It's nice to see they didn't use the latter as a throwaway character, bur rather someone who has some potential (mafia boss's daughter) and personality (bossy and headstrong).