Spring Break!

Yomiko 03-09-2007 08:39 AM
For Barrin and I, spring break starts Monday (or today). I was just woundering what other collage, highschool, or other person's are doing for their spring break? We are just staying in town, as usal. I might try to get togther with my best friend that I haven't seen in awhile, and also go bowling with a different friend and Barrin. But the weekend after spring break is when we (includes our Anime Society) go to the anime convention in MN. Big Grin (March 23-25)
Mike 03-09-2007 11:27 AM
Mine starts the 17th. For which I will be seeing the St. Patrick's Day Parade. HOORAY IRELAND
NVWC2006 03-09-2007 01:47 PM
i've been on spring break all this past week.

so i've been working full time at my IT job at my university

crazily enough, working full time gives me MORE time than going to school full time and working part time (8 hour days vs. 12 and 13 hour days).

i would much rather be making money than go with a bunch of people also underage to mexico or something and getting drunk and whatever. makes more sense to me to get as much work in as i can while still hanging out w/my friends.
Sharpshooter005 03-09-2007 02:11 PM
Mine was this week and is almost over, and whats especially odd is only now has my sleep pattern become more normal. Yeah, the one time it's really okay to oversleep.

Thanks sleep cycle, if you were a person I'd have destroyed your life long ago
Yomiko 03-13-2007 09:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
crazily enough, working full time gives me MORE time than going to school full time and working part time (8 hour days vs. 12 and 13 hour days).

i would much rather be making money than go with a bunch of people also underage to mexico or something and getting drunk and whatever. makes more sense to me to get as much work in as i can while still hanging out w/my friends.

Intersting.

I agree, I don't see what the big huray is about going to Mexico. (well for us it would be to get away from the snow) Nice to hear that you work and still hand with your friends. Big Grin
paul1290 03-13-2007 03:17 PM
Sadly, my spring break is still about a couple weeks away.
Yomiko 03-14-2007 11:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
Sadly, my spring break is still about a couple weeks away.

Crying
Hobodoken 03-14-2007 11:19 AM
Mine was last week.

A lot of sleeping, a lot of hanging out with people who live far away on campus, and a lot of hookah.
Volt 03-14-2007 02:01 PM
My nazitastic AP teachers decided to give me some (read: about an hour a day) of work over break. Because, "It's a college level class, so deal with it." I told them I was gonna give them a college level kick to the ass and they better deal with it, so they made me write a report on the differences between mammalian gestation cycles... in Latin. Bullcrap.

Anyway, although that last part might not have been true, it blows major. However I've been sleeping in late and going rock climbing a lot lately so I'm starting to resemble more of a human than a pasty vampire man in khakis. I then spend the wee hours of the morning doin' random crap like watching Japanese ghost sighting movies on Youtube. There was one where some kids saw a guy wearing a towel over his head holding a glowstick and they freak out like "HOLY SHIZT ITS TEH DEVUL". Man. Gotta love those little Japanese fellas.

Never thought I'd say this, but I wish I had a job right now. So damn bored.

My girlfriend's nazitastic parents won't let her go out because she has to do a lit paper on Paradise Lost, so tonight I'm just gonna go over there and give her a little Paradise Found... heheheh.. yeah that was sh**ty.
Sharpshooter005 03-14-2007 02:43 PM
quote:
Paradise Found... heheheh.. yeah that was sh**ty.

Whats funny is there actually was like...I don't know, not a sequel I guess..to paradise lost called paradise regained.
Volt 03-14-2007 04:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Paradise Found... heheheh.. yeah that was sh**ty.

Whats funny is there actually was like...I don't know, not a sequel I guess..to paradise lost called paradise regained.

Sounds like some pamphlet the Catholic church would use to get people to come to church. Huh...

Edit: Whoa.. hang on. It's actually a serious book.... and Milton wrote it? The birth of the disappointing sequel it sounds like.
Yomiko 03-16-2007 09:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your assignment Volt. I have one for drama (the english department one) and I'm just too lazy to go and do it. And I have to start looking for info for a drawing projet, we give a powerpoint on a artist that is still alive. Roll Eyes
The Baker St. Irregular 03-16-2007 10:38 AM
I guess mine starts when I get back from school today.

Nothing spells my spring breaks quite like lying around at home in the suburbs with no money and nowhere to go. What's worse, I've run out of House DVDs and I think I'm going into withdrawl or something...

I'm so anxious to get the crap out of Morton Grove that I'd be happy just going down I-80 to stare at the cornfields. It's not quite the Black Hills, dammit, but it would do the trick.
Yomiko 03-19-2007 12:27 PM
Well the only thing that is worth posting about our break was that on Friday BArrin and I went bowling with our friend Josh. And I sucked. Sweatdrop Then on Saturday I got the rest of the stuff for my Yomiko outfit. Big Grin Oh and on Wednesday I got my contacts. @.@
Mike 03-19-2007 06:03 PM
Due to severe weather, I didn't go to the St. Patrick's parade.

I have a new mission though: Go to Chipotle every day this week. God bless 1,200 calorie burritos.
Yomiko 03-20-2007 10:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Due to severe weather, I didn't go to the St. Patrick's parade.

Dead Ouch man.