Spielberg announces movies for "The adventures of Tintin and Snowy"

Dangerous 03-08-2007 01:48 PM
Hi everyone.

Today I heard on the local radio that Steven Spielberg will create series of movies about "the adventures of Tintin and Snowy". Since his childhood Spielberg loved and followed all the adventures of this character. He loved to read those adventures and has dreamed to show them into films for already some years.

Here are some links to sites where we are talking about this announcement (in french sorry, I didn't find in english) If you search by yourself you will find old threads of years ago for this announcement started years ago and wre just rumorshese I give you are the latest ones, and are not rumors

http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearti...cle=716006.html
http://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/ARTICLE_076195

intin is a reporter who always takes care of other's problems, so he will get problems too. But every problems are solved thanks to him. He is a hero. He is always in company with his dog Snowy (Milou). .....

"The adventures of Tintin" are comic strips which were created by Hergé, a famous belgian drawer, at the middle of the Second World War. Hergé draw other adventures of other characters, and had also his own newspaper on which he criticised highly any authoritarian excess.
Here is a link to the official website (in english) to learn more about Hergé and "the adventures of Tintin and Snowy"

2007 is the year of the 100 years of this drawer, if he was still alive today. I suppose Spielberg waited to this year to announce that news.
The movies may start in 2009. Tom Hanks or Jack Nicholson should be Captain Haddock (the man with the sailor sweator).
Nine Kuze 03-08-2007 04:00 PM
Holy sh**. I used to watch that when I was kid pretty much all day long.

Tintin was the man, and a live action series seems interesting. It probably won't be all that good but yeah, nostalgia and all that jazz.
Peace.
Dangerous 03-09-2007 04:20 AM
Really ? You like "the adventures of Tintin and Snowy" like me ? Happy
I love their adventures ! My favourite caomic strip is "Tintin au pays de l'or noir". You know, where he is in Khemedite Arabia. (a country that does not exist). I liked the character of Abdallah , the little devil !

Maybe Spielberg will make a parody about those adventures you know what I mean ? .... Big Grin

- "Let's give them freedom !"
- "Yes ! .... Let's drop the bombs !"