When They Cry - Higurashi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

Green_Bird 03-03-2007 12:57 AM
From ANN

quote:
On one hot summer day in 1983, a transfer student named Maebara Keiichi comes to a peaceful rural village in Hinamizawa. There, he befriends his classmates Rena, Mion, Rika, and Satoko. Accepted as a full-fledged member of the "club," Keiichi and the gang plays all sorts of activities ranging from card and board games to hide-and-seek. But just as Keiichi was beginning to be assimilated in simple rural life, he stumbles upon the dark history of Hinamizawa. As Keiichi dives deeper into the mystery, he finds that his new found friends may not be all what they claim to be.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni really a good series, I saw the the first season already. You can say it's like a psycho killer version of Groundhog Day. Though it is really, really bloody and messed up. So it's not really for the faint of heart.

It also was recently picked up by Geneon recently and is due out in June.
seraphjei 06-27-2007 04:31 PM
This is one of the best anime I have seen in a LONG time. The story is griping and face paced. Plot twists around every turn that will keep you guessing from beginning to end. I highly recommend this anime to anyone who likes mystery and thriller anime. I can't wait for second anime series to finish the story. I have a feeling the ending is going to be insane.