Romeo x Juliet

Asirt 03-14-2007 08:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
So does this anime actually follow the storyline of the actual Romeo and Juliet story?

Yes and no. While GONZO kept things faithful for the most part in Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, it was still somewhat different from the original story. The same will happen to this series as well. If anything, I want the ending to be the same as the original play. It would really ruin the series if it didn't end the same way. The only question is, how will they do it in a way that still moves us? That will be one of GONZO's challenges.

That doesn't mean that Romeo x Juliet will be bad. Gankutsuou was praised as one of the finest series out there, but we'll see if GONZO can pull it off.
Capt. Quekolis 03-14-2007 08:07 PM
yeah
Chitter-Box-Kat 03-14-2007 08:54 PM
I'll still hold some hope. And I just remembered I wanted to take a look at Gankutsuo. The art of that series is very different from alot of what I've seen in anime. It's beautiful.
Scourge 03-14-2007 11:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
So does this Anime actually follow the storyline of the actual Romeo and Juliet story

It's anime, of course not. Expect a few through backs to the original story and the usage of the original names.
R. Daniel Olk 01 04-16-2007 10:53 PM
Fact: I have access to the first couple episodes of this alleged train-wreck.

Proposition: I can give it my litmus test and report back to y'all.

Question: Should I... should I risk imploding from its mediocrity? IS anybody interested in a lil' review of the first couple episodes?
Sharpshooter005 04-16-2007 11:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Question: Should I... should I risk imploding from its mediocrity? IS anybody interested in a lil' review of the first couple episodes?

I dont know. I mean this IS basically how marie curie died.
Hollow XXVI 04-17-2007 06:51 PM
...so go for it! Big Grin

Heck if I had "access" I'd watch them just so I could place bets on when the first robot would show.
R. Daniel Olk 01 04-25-2007 03:46 PM
Haha, right on.

Just need to russle me up some elusive codecs, and then I'll report back.