Originally posted by Big Jauln
Thank you for understanding my point.

Wink
Capt. Quekolis 04-07-2007 07:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
If there is a movie of "The Big O", I wonder that Mickael Jackson could play the role of Alan Gabriel no ? He is as meager as him, and ...... "bizarre" like him. LOOOOOOL Crying

There is a physical equality between those persons. Alan has not a big nose, Mickael too.

No. This guy is Alan Gabriel. Credit to R. Smith for this image.

Dude who is that.
evanASF27 04-08-2007 01:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
If there is a movie of "The Big O", I wonder that Mickael Jackson could play the role of Alan Gabriel no ? He is as meager as him, and ...... "bizarre" like him. LOOOOOOL Crying

There is a physical equality between those persons. Alan has not a big nose, Mickael too.

No. This guy is Alan Gabriel. Credit to R. Smith for this image.

Dude who is that.

...have you seen Big O season2!? Holy crap, dude.

Oh...the dude in the picture... no clue. Roll Eyes My bad.
Inigo Montoya 04-08-2007 01:41 AM
I have to say, in my opinion, it totally looks like David Bowie before makeup.
War.
Dangerous 04-10-2007 04:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeon Master
I have to say, in my opinion, it totally looks like David Bowie before makeup.
War.

Of course David Bowie; however Michael Jackson is surely ready to accept the role of Alan Gabriel. He has no choice anyway .....
Tony Ventresca 04-16-2007 08:24 AM
Movie adaptations always sort of kill the thing for me. I would be very wary about adapting Big O to the silver screen. Casting, for one thing, would be a nightmare: they'd miscast some young wanker like Orlando Bloom in the Roger Smith role, and the thing would be downhill from there.

Sorry for the negativity.

TV
Capt. Quekolis 04-18-2007 07:01 PM
I agree with either Michael Jackson, just b/c hes weird like that. Or David Bowie b/c he looks like him.
Nine Kuze 04-18-2007 07:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Ventresca
Casting, for one thing, would be a nightmare: they'd miscast some young wanker like Orlando Bloom in the Roger Smith role, and the thing would be downhill from there.

TV

Oh God, oh hell no.

Great, now I don't want to do or see an adapation. He said "Orlando f***in' Bloom".
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 04-18-2007 07:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Casting, for one thing, would be a nightmare: they'd miscast some young wanker like Orlando Bloom in the Roger Smith role, and the thing would be downhill from there.

TV

Oh God, oh hell no.

Great, now I don't want to do or see an adapation. He said "Orlando f***in' Bloom".
Peace.

Ive got to agree with you on this one Orlando Bloom isnt manly enough. But look at it this way he could have said Jonny Depp
Nine Kuze 04-18-2007 07:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:

TV

Oh God, oh hell no.

Peace.

Ive got to agree with you on this one Orlando Bloom isnt manly enough. But look at it this way he could have said Jonny Depp

...I would rather have Depp than Bloom f*** up the Roger Smith role. At least Depp has enough range as an actor and all, and not like Bloom where he has one facial expression and a terrible gimmick of an American accent at times as well.
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 04-18-2007 07:46 PM
Hes does sucks something awful.
Dangerous 04-19-2007 06:11 AM
For an adaptation of the Big O in a movie, we need people we don"t know. If we see a person we know who is in the skin of Roger Smith, we'll be disgusted. Maybe after a long time we will be used to accept this.

Michael Jackson as Alan Gabriel ? Good idea.
Tony Ventresca 04-19-2007 08:26 AM
Okay maybe not "dreamy" Orlando, but I fear that the movie biz would bugger the whole thing up somehow, probably with bad casting, or maybe by making the Big O a transformer, or something. People in Hollywoodland seem unable to resist the opportunity to meddle, rather than just relying on the strong original material. And they'd ramp up the romance element, to a sickening degree.

Sorry for the double-plus-plus negativity.

(Something deep in my brain is telling me I know who could play Roger, but it's not jumping to the front.)

TV
Inigo Montoya 04-19-2007 08:45 AM
Definitely Kiera Knightley as Roger Smith. Because as you all know, Kiera Knightley is like a slightly more manly version of Orlando Bloom.
War.
Dangerous 04-19-2007 10:34 AM
A woman as Roger Smith !? Shocked

*surprised*

Why not for Alan Gabriel ?
LeedtheParti 04-24-2007 12:30 AM
Meh...I think it's better left animated.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 04-24-2007 12:47 AM
I think it is a good idea, although it would require good actors placing. And in my opinione certainly not with Roger as girl. Until now I've see one good movie made from anime and it was "Guyver".
Inigo Montoya 04-24-2007 01:52 AM
"Guyver" sounds like "MacGuyver" and that's all I need to say...

Richard Dean Anderson for Roger.
War.
Revolver 04-24-2007 04:05 PM
The way I see it, if stuff like V for Vendetta can be adapted to film and still keep it's integrity as a story, then I see no reason not to adapt Big O.

That said, it'd have to be done rather carefully.
Nine Kuze 04-24-2007 04:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Revolver
The way I see it, if stuff like V for Vendetta can be adapted to film and still keep it's integrity as a story, then I see no reason not to adapt Big O.

That said, it'd have to be done rather carefully.

This is quite the contradiction.

The V for Vendetta film adaptation was terrible though, as taken into account that the film was based off the book. In a shocking twist, The Suckhowski Brothers did a terrible job translating V for Vendetta from one medium into another. So if that's the best example you can come up wtih as far as Big O's chances of a getting adapted into a movie, then I wouldn't feel comfortable with a movie at all.
Peace.