Saint Seiya : Best anime ever !

Dangerous 02-27-2007 06:24 AM
Anyone knows Saint Seiya ? I have known this anime for over 15 years. Now there are the newest versions, with the next of the story. One of the best animes ever created on Earth. This anime is the story of holy wars between gods and goddess. The background is the Greek Mythology.

You can view on this site what Saint Seiya seems to be :
English site of Saint Seiya

Just look at one of the best moments of the Mei Kai ova. Here is a short moment of episode 9 of the first season.

Saint Seiya ep 123 - ova Hades ep 9 (FULL) (jap. / ENGLISH SUB.)

I can help you understand what those heroes are saying in translating from French to English for you, if you ask me to do so.

Look at the three parts of this 9th episode in the French version. I CONFESS THAT THE ORIGINAL VERSION (JAPANESE) IS AND WILL STAY THE BEST ONE. WE CAN FEEL EVERYTHING ON THE ORIGINAL VERSION, NOT ON THE TRANSLATED ONES.

part 1 episode 9 ova hades (fr)
part 2 episode 9 ova hades (fr)
part 3 episode 9 ova hades (fr)

Now look at the overture of the last saga of the moment, The Saint Seiya Heaven Chapter

And for you, it is the original version with English subtitle

Have fun; Saint Seiya Heaven Chapter Overture (jap. / en. sub)

Enjoy
seraphjei 03-04-2007 07:58 PM
Personally its not my favorite. But its up there. It's WAY up there. Great show, I'd recommend it to anyone. (I had no idea Saint Seiya originally ran 15 years ago, thats quite amazing.)
Dangerous 03-05-2007 07:07 AM
The AB production (France) bought the rights to display this anime in the early '80s. As this 'corporation' bought the rights to display Drago Ball, and afterwards Dragon Ball Z and later Dragon Ball GT. 15 years later the USA made the knowledge of Dragon Ball Z. I think rare are the Americans who know Saint seiya for, I believe, no corportaion still bought the rights to display this anime to an amaerican channel.
I am not sure of that .... maybe now one channel there displays this anime.
Scourge 03-05-2007 05:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
The AB production (France) bought the rights to display this anime in the early '80s. As this 'corporation' bought the rights to display Drago Ball, and afterwards Dragon Ball Z and later Dragon Ball GT. 15 years later the USA made the knowledge of Dragon Ball Z. I think rare are the Americans who know Saint seiya for, I believe, no corportaion still bought the rights to display this anime to an amaerican channel.
I am not sure of that .... maybe now one channel there displays this anime.

They used to show it on Cartoon Network, America a few years back with a bad dub and green blood.
Dangerous 03-05-2007 06:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
They used to show it on Cartoon Network, America a few years back with a bad dub and green blood.
Cartoon Network America ? The same CN which displayed Dragon Ball Z ? If I ask you like this it is because CN Europe does not care of people who want to watch the Big O, or Saint Seiya, etc.... CN Europe only display Dexter's laboratory, ed+ edd +eddy, Scooby Doo, etc ..... just for kids. It was a time when they displayed 'the justice league' or 'the Big O'; I miss this time. Crying
All right, they display Naruto, but ....
Scourge 03-05-2007 09:19 PM
Yeah, they showed the first two or three seasons of Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac a few years back.
Dangerous 04-15-2007 04:09 PM
Lord Ender von Hellsing 04-15-2007 05:05 PM
Hoooo, so It's called Saint Seiya? Here, when they broadcasted it, they translated it as "Warriors of Zodiac" :/... Guess I'm gonna have to dig up and see the original version, if you say it is that good...
Dangerous 04-15-2007 05:13 PM
Les chevaliers du zodiaque; el caballeros del zodiacos, etc ....

Yeah, very good anime from the years '80. Thumbs Up

Saint Seiya means "chevalier Seiya".