The seatbelt

Dangerous 02-27-2007 06:03 AM
Hi everyone.

I have a question about the belt in each Big cockpit. I noticed that there is no belt in there. However how can each pilot stay inside a megadeus when it is moving ?

Big O: how can Roger stay sit down on his seat without a belt when Big O is walking. It moves, so Roger must move too. And when Big O is sent in the air, or is falling from the building in act 12 how can Roger stay on his seat ? It is impossible ! He just hangs on the paddles and tha sticks. At his place I would have jumped from my seat and have broken my head through the cockpit.

Big Duo: how can Schwartzwald or Alan Gabriel fly without a seatbelt ?

That's all.

PS : I noticed in act 26 Roger had a belt in one of his flashes.
Mr. Peabody 02-27-2007 08:19 AM
Big O's chair does have a seatbelt.

In Act 26, Roger has a memory of a destroyed Big O at the bottom of Paradigm harbor. Inside the cockpit is a dead Roger Smith, strapped into the seat by a jet fighter type safety rig.

From a military viewpoint, Big O is a stable gun platform (it's practically a walking artillery piece) so a seatbelt isn't neccessary for most of its battles. I agree that when Roger confronts opponents like Big Duo or Big Fau, it might be a good idea to buckle up.

As for Schwartzwald and Gabriel, they won't use a seatbelt because they're insane.
Dangerous 02-27-2007 08:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
As for Schwartzwald and Gabriel, they won't use a seatbelt because they're insane.

Big Grin

All right, but why don't they use that every time ? I am speaking about Roger, Alan, etc ....
It's more credible to have a belt no ? Roger is not insane, and must give a good example for us. Ok he must not prove anything to us. May he be inside Big O or inside his car ...and I just noticed that Roger does not attach his belt in his car. What a bad example he is for the security in a car but I noticed there was no belt in his car. What a shame !
Mr. Peabody 02-27-2007 08:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by samirsouleyman
I just noticed that roger does not attach his belt in his car. What a bad example he is for the security in a car ! It's scandalous !! Mad Oh yeah, i noticed there was no belt in his car. What a shame !
Big Grin

Uh-oh, Roger's not wearing a seatbelt while driving the Griffon? Maybe that's why we never got a third season! Oh Well

The Griffon's practically a tank, so Roger likely thinks he would never be injured in a crash or a chase. The Griffon also packs enough weaponry to stop any confrontation before it actually begins.
Dangerous 02-27-2007 08:54 AM
quote:
Uh-oh, Roger's not wearing a seatbelt while driving the Griffon? Maybe that's why we never got a third season! Oh Well

The Griffon is a huge car. Roger is so arrogant. And Dorothy treated him as a bastard in act 1. This car has the same particularity than his owner, like Big O. Roger does not care of anything.
Remember act 4 when we see a grave accident on the road he took to meet Michael Seebach. He didn't stop to see if there were injured or dead people.

So the seatbelt, in Big O or in his Griffon, why should he have it. I am sure that he does not want to us it at any moment. Like a lot of car users. He is, unfortunately, not an exception.

You are right. Roger is a public danger and is not an example for us. That's why they decided not to give a third season. That's the only reason ! Crying ( we don't care if there are real other reasons not to make this season) . LOL
Pygmalion 02-27-2007 07:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by samirsouleyman
I have a question about the belt in each Big cockpit. I noticed that there is no belt in there. However how can each pilot stay inside a megadeus when it is moving ?

Good question! After extensive thought (about five minutes Big Grin ), I came up with the following rationalizations:
  • He's wearing one, but it's invisible against his black suit
  • A miniaturized gravity field generator under the seat holds the pilot in place at all times
  • Velcro pants
  • Well-developed gluteal muscles
  • Suction

Hope this helps!
Pygmalion
The_Big_G 02-27-2007 07:26 PM
quote:

• Velcro pants
  • Suction

Hope this helps!
Pygmalion

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Suction! ahahahahahaha!
Nazrael 02-27-2007 09:02 PM
Probably Centrifigual (sp?) force. Big O's huge, the force behind every movement is pretty massive. The only time Roger would probably get thrown out of his seat is if Big O was lifted upside down. The closest that we got to that was when Fau threw O into the water, but the force of the fall probably kept Roger firmly back against the chair.

There's been a few times where Roger's been thrust forward, but since he's got his hands gripped on the controls, he usually catches himself. If not, that big monitor in front of him would probably prevent him from flying out.
Revan 02-28-2007 03:59 AM
If anything, when Big O is moving fast/knocked back Roger should be thrown all over the place due to his interia. Think when you're in a car and the brakes are slammed on- you lurch forwards and are held by the seatbelts. They are there for a reason!

Physics and all. Complicated stuff. But in a show where massive metal robots can physically exist and even fly, I think they can be forgiven maybe for not thinking about seatbelts.

quote:
Originally posted by Nazrael
There's been a few times where Roger's been thrust forward, but since he's got his hands gripped on the controls, he usually catches himself. If not, that big monitor in front of him would probably prevent him from flying out.

I wonder if megadeuses have airbags? Tongue
Capt. Quekolis 03-02-2007 11:22 AM
quote:

In Act 26, Roger has a memory of a destroyed Big O at the bottom of Paradigm harbor. Inside the cockpit is a dead Roger Smith, strapped into the seat by a jet fighter type safety rig.

From a military viewpoint, Big O is a stable gun platform (it's practically a walking artillery piece) so a seatbelt isn't neccessary for most of its battles. I agree that when Roger confronts opponents like Big Duo or Big Fau, it might be a good idea to buckle up.

If Rogeris dead in that picture then how is he alive in Paradigm
Dangerous 03-02-2007 11:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill

Just see that picture and you understand that there are a lot of other Roger Smith. This dead Roger Smith is this of 40 years ago, when Roger was an inspector (look at act 14). Now he is alive.
Mr. Peabody 03-02-2007 11:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
quote:

IMO that is the real Roger Smith. The Roger Smith we know is a tomato (clone).
Capt. Quekolis 03-02-2007 11:34 AM
I thought the tomatos were just children with implanted memories not clones
dominusofdeath 03-02-2007 12:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion

He does have quite the ass.
The_Big_G 03-02-2007 12:12 PM
Obviously, if Roger wears a seatbelt, he dies. It's right there in the picture. He's got a seatbelt on, he's dead. All the other times he never wears the seatbelt, he kicks butt and lives.

I don't personally blame him for not wearing it, it seems much safer.
Dangerous 03-02-2007 12:29 PM
a seatbelt can be dangerous for life, but statistically it is better to get one. But, Roger stays Roger. He does not need one to be alive.
Hobodoken 03-02-2007 12:50 PM
samir, that picture is part of a montage of sorts.

I mean, it also shows Roger wearing the never-otherwise seen seatbelt, as well as Angel directing, and the whole control room scene. I'm pretty sure its all ment to be symbolic, not taken literally.
Dangerous 03-02-2007 12:56 PM
Of course it is symbolic. I believe that if there was an episode where Roger really needed a seatbelt for his car the drawers would have drawn it. Else, in the other acts, we don't see it because they don't draw it.

It is also like in a 3D video game, when we are far from a structure, or a car, or a character, we don't see all the details because they are 'deleted', but when we approach them, or when we just speak about them, suddenly they are drawn, like by miracle. Else we forget them, and the drawers don't draw them.

It is logic of course .
Capt. Quekolis 03-04-2007 09:03 PM
Yeah I think it was just something that they didnt think of putting on there, but something like a man in a megadeus would require a seatbelt of sometype of restraint. Theres no way a person could stay seated during a battle sequence between two megadeuces. The forces put on the body would be too much to try to hold yourself in your seat.
Dangerous 03-05-2007 07:02 AM
Something in me tells me that the fact there is no seatbelt in the megadeus is the consequence of the plagia of Big O toward Neon Genesis Evangelion. there is no surprse, Big O = copy of Evangelion + other animes. So we see there is no seatbelt in the cockpit of an eva, thus there must be no seatbelt inside a megadeus too.

Foolish explanation you think ? I don't think so.