Tales of Symphonia: THE ANIMATION

Asirt 02-25-2007 08:51 PM

Stop apologizing, you dork!

Summary (Provided by Anime News Network) -

Two worlds exist, both unaware of the existence of the other. In order for one world to flourish, the other will have to perish. On the perishing world, a Chosen one is send on a journey to restore that world's mana by awakening the Spirits and becoming an angel. Colette Brunel, the Chosen of Sylvarant, sets out on her journey accompanied by her best friends Lloyd Irving and Genis Sage. As they travel further they meet more friends and even more enemies, while they learn more and more about the truth behind the World Regeneration.

Current Info -

Based on the popular video game released for the Nintendo Gamecube and Playstation 2, the new OVA will have only four episodes. This is similar to the previous OVA series, Tales of Phantasia: THE ANIMATION. The first episode premieres June 8th. This series is already licensed by Geneon.

Other -

Judging from what I know so far about the OVA, it looks like this will only cover the beginning adventures, since Sheena, Zelos, Presea, or Regal are nowhere to be seen. That may change as we know more. The animation looks similar to the cutscenes found on the game, so that's good. Sorry, Colette haters, but expect her and Lloyd to be the "default" couple in this series. I hope this series doesn't fall short like the ToP OVA did. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Home of Symphonia -

ToS OVA Home Page
The Baker St. Irregular 02-26-2007 02:04 PM
I had a love/hate relationship with the Tales of Symphonia game. Despite the many annoying characters and the confusing plot, I still managed to stick in my 56 hours of gameplay. (More than I spent on Twilight Princess! Shocked ) I had no complaints about the battle system, but I had always felt like the story had the capacity to be less muddled, if not better, than it was.

So my feelings about the OAV are rather undecided. If it's only four episodes, and if the second set of characters are nowhere to be seen, at least the OAV will be a taste of the story before it starts getting really tangled...
Nine Kuze 02-26-2007 02:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Asirt
Summary (Provided by Anime News Network) -

Two worlds exist, both unaware of the existence of the other. In order for one world to flourish, the other will have to perish. On the perishing world, a Chosen one is send on a journey to restore that world's mana by awakening the Spirits and becoming an angel. Colette Brunel, the Chosen of Sylvarant, sets out on her journey accompanied by her best friends Lloyd Irving and Genis Sage. As they travel further they meet more friends and even more enemies, while they learn more and more about the truth behind the World Regeneration.

I don't know about the games of Symphonia and Phantasia, but at least this summary sounds rather interesting. And only four episodes? Is it because of what went down with the OVA series before this one?

And that kid in the foreground in the picture looks like a pirate, so yeah.
Peace.
Asirt 02-26-2007 02:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
Despite the many annoying characters and the confusing plot, I still managed to stick in my 56 hours of gameplay.

The only character that I really had a problem with was Colette, but not as much as the haters out there do. What really annoyed me was that she would apologize every five seconds to Lloyd that made me want to grab my shotgun and blow her brains out skip through those scenes. Maybe the animation will be better, we'll see.

Even though Tales of Symphonia was a great RPG overall, Phantasia is still one my favorite RPG's of all time.

quote:
And only four episodes? Is it because of what went down with the OVA series before this one?

Yes. It was planned from the start that ToP would have only four episodes, and since the same production team is handling ToS, it will also be similar. The only reason why I hope it doesn't fall short is because of the final episode in ToP. Many delays, and a not-so-good episode ruined it for me.
Sara Comatori 03-06-2007 06:43 AM
I just want to see all my favorite characters. Botta, Kavr, Magnuis, Rodlye... (I hope I spelt them right) and...and... well... only Regal...

I know Rodlye is a bastard but I still wanna see him move around in an anime, Botta and the other two like wise. I watched the Trailer, It seemed alright. We can only pray to Martel that it goes acording.

Hell, thanks to Tales Of Symphonia, I want to make a game. No a series of games.
There fun. There RPG's.