James Cameron set to make a shocking announcement

DorothyFan1 02-24-2007 08:34 PM
A link posted on Drudgereport says director James Cameron is set to announce on Monday in NYC that he's found the tomb of Jesus Christ.

Words cannot describe how I feel about this ridiculous development. How could Cameron possibly claim this fraud?! I believe James Cameron has just doomed his upcoming movie Avatar with this alleged announcement plans. I hope he drops it and just gets back into the business of making good movies and stay out of religious dogma.
Nine Kuze 02-24-2007 08:45 PM
...this sounds stupid and to be honest, not all that interesting.

First and foremost in my opinion, Jesus was just a man. But to the more important news, it seems weird that Cameron would do something like this.

Even more weird besides you shoving your personal beliefs all over the starting post, is that there's no evidence or article to indicate this news in anyway. I'm just sayin' where's the proof is all.
Peace.
Jonny Axehandle 02-24-2007 10:57 PM
what
Big Money 02-24-2007 11:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
what
evanASF27 02-24-2007 11:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
what
Jim Starluck 02-25-2007 12:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
quote:
quote:
what
Asirt 02-25-2007 01:07 AM
Is this the part where I destroy the quote pyramid and post an actual article that is relevant to the topic?

quote:
Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.
Ace of Spades 02-25-2007 03:26 AM
Laaaaaaamme. Since when do Hollywood Nut Jobs take an interest in religion? I blame Mel Gibson.
Hobodoken 02-25-2007 04:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Starluck
quote:
quote:
quote:
what
Revan 02-25-2007 08:23 AM
Quote pyramid heh...

But yeah, I can't help but think the whole think will end being a pseudosciency publicity stunt. Controversy is a seller though...
X Prime 02-25-2007 08:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI

First and foremost in my opinion, Jesus was just a man.

Yes yes, we know Nine, religion is lol, you say it at every damn opportunity like a broken record like any other religious zealot as if your opinion on the subject means anything (hint: it doesn't). Nobody cares, so be quiet about it because you're starting to get on my nerves. Also, looking for less than ten seconds would've produced a link since the site in question was mentioned.

Onto the topic at hand... ahahahhaha no. This is guaranteed to be some retarded publicity stunt. I'm only curious if it's some retarded atheistic one or a delusional religious one. The 'Mary Magdelene' bit has me leaning to the former.
Mr. Peabody 02-25-2007 09:45 AM
I hope when Cameron opens Jesus' coffin, he finds this inscription:

Dear James:

I'll be back.

See? I do have a sense of humor!

Love,

Jesus

P.S.

Titanic sucked.
Hollow XXVI 02-25-2007 10:43 AM
^ Winnar of thread.

Also yes it's a publicity stunt, bet you money it'll be like Geraldo looking for Al Capone's vault or..something.

Um also X, chill out, Nine isn't on the same level as TerrorBread. Jesus can defend himself, he doesn't need your help.
X Prime 02-25-2007 10:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
Um also X, chill out, Nine isn't on the same level as TerrorBread.

I'm getting rather afraid of that potential scenario, yes.
Nine Kuze 02-25-2007 11:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:

Yes yes, we know Nine, religion is lol, you say it at every damn opportunity like a broken record like any other religious zealot as if your opinion on the subject means anything (hint: it doesn't). Nobody cares, so be quiet about it because you're starting to get on my nerves. Also, looking for less than ten seconds would've produced a link since the site in question was mentioned.

This coming from someone who has made it a habit to mock most people with a bullsh** "God complex" himself that he likes to spew that every opportunity he gets in return. Nice, nice.

quote:
Also yes it's a publicity stunt, bet you money it'll be like Geraldo looking for Al Capone's vault or..something.

Um also X, chill out, Nine isn't on the same level as TerrorBread. Jesus can defend himself, he doesn't need your help.

This being like Geraldo and Capone's vault would be hilarious. And what's TerrorBread may I ask?
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 02-25-2007 11:33 AM
TerrorBread is some jacked-up pot smoking internets atheist from Megaten who thankfully hasn't been around since his boytoy was banned.

But anyway...I would try to defend you Nine but that's a lost cause now. Popcorn anyone? I also have ricecakes, and a crapload of Valentines candy.
Generalissimo D 02-25-2007 11:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
what
dominusofdeath 02-25-2007 11:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
quote:
quote:
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
what
[/quote]
lawl i r dun it 2

quote:
But anyway...I would try to defend you Nine but that's a lost cause now.

lawl a gain
Big Money 02-25-2007 11:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
I hope when Cameron opens Jesus' coffin, he finds this inscription:

Dear James:

I'll be back.

See? I do have a sense of humor!

Love,

Jesus

P.S.

Titanic sucked.

Laughing
X Prime 02-25-2007 11:58 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:

This coming from someone who has made it a habit to mock most people with a bullsh** "God complex" himself that he likes to spew that every opportunity he gets in return. Nice, nice.

Sigh... you brought this on yourself.

What I find interesting is that you are totally incapable of challenging my statement. This seems to me to make it more clear than usual that said statement is completely true.

Seriously. You go on and on about this like a broken record. Every time something even remotely religious in topic comes up, you're always there to act like a fool by deriding it without giving any sort of reasoning behind it. Just stop it, it doesn't make you look intelligent except to idiotic atheistic loudmouths on the internet, that's all I'm saying.

As for myself... regardless of my attitude about it, it usually doesn't change the fact that for the most part I am usually dead-on right. Further, I at least provide reasons why I am correct (which is inherently contradictory to a 'God-complex' being behind everything) whereas you do not. In other words, you're just using the standard jab at me made by a bunch of other stupid people who know nothing about me and cannot provide a reason or an example to back this assessment, needing to rely on distortions and personal bias to drive the point. I'd at least have hoped your time on TDotOL would've dispelled that stupid illusion, but I guess my faith was unwarranted, which I find a shame.

You do not want me as an enemy, Nine. All I ask is that you, shall we say, 'pipe the hell down', because frankly it is irritating, random, and just plain unwarranted.