James Cameron set to make a shocking announcement

X Prime 02-26-2007 12:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
You do not want me as an enemy, Nine. All I ask is that you, shall we say, 'pipe the hell down', because frankly it is irritating, random, and just plain unwarranted.

lawl yet again

Pretty much, Cap'N. I'm not trying to get into anything (Enemies? Take it down a notch, man), but that's X's thing so whatever.

Whatever the way I phrased it, the definition is the same and it would be the height of stupidity to overlook that by seizing one phrase. All I really care about is if you cut the crap. Do so and we'll be fine.
dominusofdeath 02-26-2007 01:32 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
You do not want me as an enemy, Nine. All I ask is that you, shall we say, 'pipe the hell down', because frankly it is irritating, random, and just plain unwarranted.

lawl yet again

Pretty much, Cap'N. I'm not trying to get into anything (Enemies? Take it down a notch, man), but that's X's thing so whatever.

Whatever the way I phrased it, the definition is the same and it would be the height of stupidity to overlook that by seizing one phrase. All I really care about is if you cut the crap. Do so and we'll be fine.

I really don't see how he wouldn't be fine.

Not trying to spark arguments with you X. I'm jsut curious
Nine Kuze 02-26-2007 01:32 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lawl yet again

...it's not all that hard to figure out there, X. You're trying to make something out of completely nothing and you should cut the crap yourself as well. Really, why are you still bitching about this? Get over it, I have and I think everyone else has as well and is tired of hearing about your useless rant. I said something you didn't like, you posted about it, I posted about it as well and said I didn't want anything to do with it. So there, leave at that and leave it alone. No harm, no foul. Take your own advice and shut up as well and hopefully yeah, we will in fact be fine because I really don't want to be on bad terms and all.

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Ahahahahahaha...wow...I couldn't have been farther off the mark if I'd just made up a fake plot probably

This is why I need to take my own advice and never use wikipedia for anything ever

Wow, Wiki said that? Bad form.

Here's the plot if anybody is wondering:
quote:
In the sci-fi thriller, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.

He's doing Battle Angel Alita as well, which is adapted from the manga but I think Avatar is an original concept of his. At most, adapted from other works of different manga but yeah for the most part its original.

Where the hell did they get "coal miner" from? And The Hidden?
Peace.
X Prime 02-26-2007 02:19 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

lawl yet again

...it's not all that hard to figure out there, X. You're trying to make something out of completely nothing and you should cut the crap yourself as well. Really, why are you still bitching about this? Get over it, I have and I think everyone else has as well and is tired of hearing about your useless rant. I said something you didn't like, you posted about it, I posted about it as well and said I didn't want anything to do with it. So there, leave at that and leave it alone. No harm, no foul. Take your own advice and shut up as well and hopefully yeah, we will in fact be fine because I really don't want to be on bad terms and all.

...Dude. I swear we at TDottle taught you better than to act like this. Let me break this down point by point to make you realize what how foolish you're being.

I severely doubt the first sentence, because you appear to have some difficulty comprehending something clear. As for the second sentence, it's worth noting that I clearly stated the reason behind my posting such in the first post of mine in this thread. Read it again.

If anything you're continuing this out of nothing, because all you've been able to direct at me was that first response, which has been used only by those who have no other argument they can direct at me and have to resort to slander. A move which caused Holly to no longer attempt to defend you, as noted in this thread. So I think we can agree that was bad of you.

A 'rant' is hardly useless if it has a point, and clearly you are not seeing it even though I've said it repeatedly. Let me restate it for you: I want you to shut up about your opinions on religion, that you keep bringing up every time such a subject appears. I think we all know your stance on it, no matter how senseless that stance is (because you haven't given any reasons for it), so there is absolutely no need to say it again and again. Just sit by and be quiet, we can already guess what you'd say.

I would have left this well enough alone until you decided to retaliate with that crap in your first response to me, not to mention your continued lack of comprehension, instead of simply acknowledging the request to pipe it down. I have no reason to back down from a fool who refuses to learn when he's wrong and when to quit as you are being at the moment.

So the choice is yours. Either you quiet down in the manner requested, or there will be bad terms because you see the need to challenge me over a point as simple yet true as the one I'm making without any concievable good reason to challenge it. What will it be?
Big Money 02-26-2007 02:35 PM
quote:
Just sit by ands be quiet, we can already guess what you'd say.

XD the irony here, its... its palpable. I could scoop it out and put it in a jar.

But seriously, X, does this kind of talking ever work the way you want it to? I'm assuming here that when you post like this you don't want the other person to do exactly the opposite of what you post. Just asking, is all, because you do it an awful lot and all it seems to do is start fights.
X Prime 02-26-2007 02:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Just sit by ands be quiet, we can already guess what you'd say.

XD the irony here, its... its palpable. I could scoop it out and put it in a jar.

But seriously, X, does this kind of talking ever work the way you want it to? I'm assuming here that when you post like this you don't want the other person to do exactly the opposite of what you post.

Except... there is no irony but the one you and those of a similar mindset have decided to conjure up in your heads out of nothing, since I am generally known to say the same thing usually only if the argument is the same and to generate a relatively unique response based on each situation presented to me if I have time to do so. So do cut out your interference because you're just being annoying again for no reason.

It works when the target decides to actually read it and not let his own bias get in the way of comprehending the message. Unfortunately, you and a lot of others seem to have a lot of difficulty with such a simple exercise.
Big Money 02-26-2007 03:00 PM
You know, I guess that would work, except that you can't really expect people to work past their bias if you don't work past your own... have you ever tried not posting as though everyone is your inferior? Perhaps if you didn't post as though you have some unnamed authority over other members, they'd be more willing to accept your ideas.

Unless, of course, the basis for your primary post was that you found another member's opinion unacceptable, and that opinion should therefore be silenced. Becuase I think that no matter how you say that, you wont get much of a positive reaction.
Dangerous 02-26-2007 03:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
This thread sucks.
YEP
Hollow XXVI 02-26-2007 03:02 PM
quote:
But seriously, X, does this kind of talking ever work the way you want it to? I'm assuming here that when you post like this you don't want the other person to do exactly the opposite of what you post. Just asking, is all, because you do it an awful lot and all it seems to do is start fights.

If he didn't present himself like he does, then the fights wouldn't start. He takes the offensive automatically because he "can't stand idiocy", deems the person dim, and attacks them.

Yeah I know I'm talking about him like he doesn't even post here, hahaha. That's just the way I do things.

But yes, if he had approached this situation differently, and didn't come off as a troll, then things would have been different. Essentially he trolled Nine, Nine took the bait and trolled back, and here we are.
X Prime 02-26-2007 03:29 PM
quote:
You know, I guess that would work, except that you can't really expect people to work past their bias if you don't work past your own... have you ever tried not posting as though everyone is your inferior? Perhaps if you didn't post as though you have some unnamed authority over other members, they'd be more willing to accept your ideas.

Unless, of course, the basis for your primary post was that you found another member's opinion unacceptable, and that opinion should therefore be silenced. Becuase I think that no matter how you say that, you wont get much of a positive reaction.

This first point is irrelevant to the inherent quality of the message, which means we automatically fall back to my previous response. If the target chooses to act upon it in such a manner and refuses to see the truth in the message that is there, that is his own fault and I am not going to be held responsible for his failure in that regard. My own bias is existent within the actual delivery of the message, but that does not automatically excuse the target using his own bias to cloud the interpretation, because they are two entirely different things.

And if you knew me at all, which you do not, it would be wise to notice that I did not attempt to change his view on the subject in question, only that he not go off about it so much. I have no problem with him holding the opinion he does, but I DO have a problem with how often he presents it since the quality of the messages pertaining to that opinion are extremely questionable and without much merit.
evanASF27 02-26-2007 04:24 PM
Hey if I've learned anything from the blowhard, it's that X Prime needs the "last word in edge-wise". He's flame baited me before and I was stupid enough for most of those times to humor him... please, Nine, just bite the bullet and talk to Krang.

Cheers all.

*edit*
And if you really wanna see flame baiting, check out what he just did to this thread with Nine... and what he tried to do in the megadeus Comments thread in the MFL, trying to rile me up with personal attacks. Most other people woulda been long gone for trolling.

Oh and X, you will undoubtedly call me stupid yet again, because apparently I am, but you won't get anything but self amusment from it. I ain't posting again in this thread unless it's to poke fun at the Jesus Tomb hoax.
X Prime 02-26-2007 04:35 PM
Joke's on you once again Mr. OH GOD I'VE BEEN DEFAMED ON ANOTHER INTERNET FORUM BEHIND MY BACK NEVERMIND THAT THE POSTS WERE IN PLAIN SIGHT WANNN I QUIT THE MFL AND SEND ANGRY PMS TO THE DAMNED BACKSTABBERS HO NEVER ACTUALLY SAID ANYTHING MUCH AGAINST ME, me and Nine already resolved this over PM on my initiative, which pretty much instantly kills your entire notion of intentional flamebaiting, now doesn't it. You really don't know me very well at all, do you?

No, I thought not. Try again when you can actually say something with substance and not devolve into senseless and false blathering about the 'evils' of X Prime. You could be riled up by somebody blinking at you the wrong way, kiddo.
Generalissimo D 02-26-2007 04:43 PM
Shut the f*** up.

This thread was bad enough starting off with James Cameron claiming to have found the tomb of Jesus.

Golly gee willikers someone needs some goddamn therapy.
X Prime 02-26-2007 04:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
Golly gee willikers someone needs some goddamn therapy.

That'd be you in this case for being so incredulously late and out of touch, as the argument was over, yet Evan decided to throw in his pennies. Shame about the devulation of his currency, so to speak...
Hollow XXVI 02-26-2007 05:43 PM
Nine's the hustla, why would he need to go crying to daddy?

I need some therapy, but haven't found anyone to provide.
X Prime 02-26-2007 05:44 PM
What about me? ;_;
Sharpshooter005 02-26-2007 05:44 PM
quote:
Wiki said that?

It's wikipedia, someone could edit the entry on JFK to read that he was actually an android from the year 4562 sent back in time to kill Alger Hiss and prevent the rise of a sentient tax accounting program, and all that'd happen is someone would accuse the article of having a "non neutral and robocentric POV".
Jonny Axehandle 02-26-2007 06:05 PM
This whole thing is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I could claim the sky is green with no real proof and, as long as people debate it, it would work. I honestly doubt that Cameron believes it himself. He's just being a total attention whore.

We should have stuck with the quote pyramid...

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Wiki said that?

It's wikipedia, someone could edit the entry on JFK to read that he was actually an android from the year 4562 sent back in time to kill Alger Hiss and prevent the rise of a sentient tax accounting program, and all that'd happen is someone would accuse the article of having a "non neutral and robocentric POV".

No, that would get you a nice [citation needed]
Nine Kuze 02-26-2007 06:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
Nine's the hustla, why would he need to go crying to daddy?

Holleh is right of course. There's no way I'd run to Krang about a disagreement I had with another member. I'm no punk and snitching is out this season.

Anyway, yeah the power of PMs and all that. X and I talked and patched this all up (its all good in the hood, bruh), so the whole ranting against X thing because he's somethin' so mean is kind of played out now and everyone just needs to shut up about it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
This whole thing is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I could claim the sky is green with no real proof and, as long as people debate it, it would work. I honestly doubt that Cameron believes it himself. He's just being a total attention whore.

They just had a segment on it on NBC News. One, DorothyFan didn't mention that there were like nine other directors and others involved with this whole "finding" of you will. Two, they showed these I think replica of the coffins (that or they had these two containers that resembled coolers of sort) that had markings on them that were the names of Jesus' relatives, brothers and his wife (we all know who that is and so forth).

But yeah, obvious publicity stunt and all that.
Peace.
evanASF27 02-26-2007 06:35 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle

They just had a segment on it on NBC News. One, DorothyFan didn't mention that there were like nine other directors and others involved with this whole "finding" of you will. Two, they showed these I think replica of the coffins (that or they had these two containers that resembled coolers of sort) that had markings on them that were the names of Jesus' relatives, brothers and his wife (we all know who that is and so forth).

But yeah, obvious publicity stunt and all that.
Peace.

The guy has either lost every marble he's got, or he knows that despite the flak he's gonna get from everyone and their brother for completely BSing this, he's gonna get the ratings from people who watch just to see him crash and burn.