James Cameron set to make a shocking announcement

evanASF27 02-25-2007 12:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades
Laaaaaaamme. Since when do Hollywood Nut Jobs take an interest in religion? I blame Mel Gibson.

At least it isn't Scientology.
Hollow XXVI 02-25-2007 12:59 PM
But come on, worshiping aliens is so IN.
dominusofdeath 02-25-2007 01:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
You do not want me as an enemy, Nine. All I ask is that you, shall we say, 'pipe the hell down', because frankly it is irritating, random, and just plain unwarranted.

lawl yet again
Dangerous 02-25-2007 02:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Starluck
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
what
Mike 02-25-2007 02:58 PM
It's probably going to be lame as hell, like that Titanic thing he did on the Discovery Channel.

2 hours of buildup, for 15 minutes of I'M SITTING ON THE TITANIC!! I'M AWESOME!!! LOOK AT THAT HOLE IN THE ROOF!
Dangerous 02-25-2007 03:01 PM
James Cameron's Titanic and his declaration about Jesus Christ are just stupid.

who am I to say that ?
X Prime 02-25-2007 05:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI
But come on, worshiping aliens is so IN.

And remember: Just like in Baldur's Gate, the more money you donate the closer you come to being the Messiah!
Sharpshooter005 02-25-2007 06:53 PM
quote:
Geraldo looking for Al Capone's vault or..something.

Except this is supposed to be empty

quote:
Just like in Baldur's Gate, the more money you donate the closer you come to being the Messiah

"This sack of money says half the town was dead when I got here."

edit: Isn't this the movie that theres some crazy seeming marketing plan to tie it in somehow with an MMORPG? Call me crazy but I dont see this panning out. I mean the tie-in deal not the whole...well...I don't see the tomb thing panning out either
Hollow XXVI 02-25-2007 08:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
lawl yet again

Your mom.

quote:
"This sack of money says half the town was dead when I got here."

*pats Sharpies cheek* You didn't see nothin'.
dominusofdeath 02-25-2007 09:01 PM
quote:
quote:
lawl yet again

Your mom.

H4X
Hollow XXVI 02-25-2007 09:26 PM
YOUR MOM IS A HACKER!
dominusofdeath 02-25-2007 10:26 PM
quote:
YOUR MOM IS A HACKER!

Crying

SO
Nine Kuze 02-26-2007 12:26 AM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
You do not want me as an enemy, Nine. All I ask is that you, shall we say, 'pipe the hell down', because frankly it is irritating, random, and just plain unwarranted.

lawl yet again

Pretty much, Cap'N. I'm not trying to get into anything (Enemies? Take it down a notch, man), but that's X's thing so whatever.

And Cameron's film Avatar comes out on Memorial Day in 2009, which is around two years and some change away. So even if this stunt if you will does anything as far as publicity goes, I don't think it will do anything against the Avatar film... if people even remember it by then.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
It's probably going to be lame as hell, like that Titanic thing he did on the Discovery Channel.

2 hours of buildup, for 15 minutes of I'M SITTING ON THE TITANIC!! I'M AWESOME!!! LOOK AT THAT HOLE IN THE ROOF!

I didn't see the Discovery segment but I saw the documentary he did on Titanic is 2003. But yeah going just by your description, sounds like about the same thing nonetheless.
Peace.
Volt 02-26-2007 01:38 AM
This thread sucks.
Sharpshooter005 02-26-2007 02:10 AM
I'd actually almost be more weirded out if this panned out, since....yeah lets take one of the biggest recent archeological discoveries and use it to market a sci-fi movie about a coal miner who hangs out with one of the aliens from the movie "the hidden" (I swear this is what I've heard the plot of avatar is). What?
Nine Kuze 02-26-2007 02:19 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
This thread sucks.

Correct answer for 500, Volt.

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
a sci-fi movie about a coal miner who hangs out with one of the aliens from the movie "the hidden" (I swear this is what I've heard the plot of avatar is). What?

quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
More James Cameron news as he talks about his upcoming film, AVATAR.

Renew your subscription to the Daily Hustler, Sharpie. At least this plot sounds more... coherent to say the least.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 02-26-2007 02:21 AM
Ahahahahahaha...wow...I couldn't have been farther off the mark if I'd just made up a fake plot probably

This is why I need to take my own advice and never use wikipedia for anything ever
Capt. Quekolis 02-26-2007 11:18 AM
I think he just tried to find a way to make easy money b/c even if it isnt true he still will make a sh** load.

Oh and by the way I personally think he full of it.
Buck Buck #1 02-26-2007 11:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
I think he just tried to find a way to make easy money b/c even if it isnt true he still will make a sh** load.

Oh and by the way I personally think he full of it.

Step 1- Find Jesus' tomb.
Step 2- Tell people about Jesus' tomb.
Step 3-
Step 4- Prophet!
Hollow XXVI 02-26-2007 12:20 PM
^ New winnar of thread!

...wait this thread doesn't suck, it doesn't suck at all and is quite hilarious.