Big O Video Game, What would you want in it

evanASF27 03-23-2005 08:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace378
Just wondering what ever happened to this game idea? has it started being created?

I don't think anyone is actually building or programming the game discussed in this thread. This thread is mainly for ideas...but if someone wants to make the game a reality then by all means... "WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG!??!?!?!!?!!!!" Big Grin
Lord Ender von Hellsing 04-28-2007 10:02 AM
I don't know if we are though this.
So, I know that Big O is mentioned in Super Robot Wars games, but I haven't really heard about a game that is from Big O (you know what I mean). So I began to thinking, why there isn't, if the anime is perfect ground for a game. I see it as a TPP action game with elements of RPG and Megadeuses battles, of course. And if I were to choose studio to produce it, I would take the Monolith Games. They already have some experience with mechas and action games (see Shogo: MAD) so I think they would make a good game.
Ot have anyone heard about such thing?
Anyway, let's see how you would see the Big O Game.
Mrs. Beck 04-28-2007 11:46 AM
Huh ... y'know, I've thought about this once or twice myself; had a few bursts of ideas for games. I agree that Big O has the makings for a kick-ass video game, hands down.
I think it would be cool to make it sort of an RPG-style fighter. You know, so there's all those specifics on the robot you have to monitor, tinker with, polish up, etc.
I'm at a little bit of a loss on some of the other ideas I've had over the past two years of my fandom, but hey, if they come to mind, I'll spout 'em out onto here.
R. Daniel Olk 01 04-28-2007 12:57 PM
Before discussing this sort of thing, you should save some discussion-time by looking up the game "Robot Alchemic Drive."

Almost everyone who has read about or played that game agrees: it's how giant robot fighters should be done.
evanASF27 04-28-2007 01:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R. Daniel Olk 01
Before discussing this sort of thing, you should save some discussion-time by looking up the game "Robot Alchemic Drive."

Almost everyone who has read about or played that game agrees: it's how giant robot fighters should be done.

Never played (or heard of) that game... so I can't say whether or not it's the best.

...but... I did have an idea for a Big O PSII game (or perhaps Nintendo Wii now) a long time ago that was pretty good. Big Grin
Link to post with my lengthy ideas.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 04-28-2007 01:47 PM
I never played that too, maybe because i have a PC?
I was talking of making game on every counting platform, and that INCLUDES PCs.
About game ideas: there should be a RPG - like system, that Roger would be remembering various Big O techniques through the game. I have whole idea for the game in my head. Too bad I'm not as skilled as a whole army of programists and graphics... And in gameplay I would divide Episode for two parts: adventure/action like, when we're playing Roger and try to solve various quests and Megadeuses Combat Part, when we are calling Big O and fight back. As a bonus there could be of course other levels to unlock, for example levels with Dorothy or Dastun or even Norman Smile
Big Money 04-28-2007 01:52 PM
Should be like GTA, but not crappy like GTA, +Megadeus fighting.
paul1290 04-28-2007 05:00 PM
A combination free-roaming and megadues fighting would be nice.

I think it should be directed by Goichi Suda. His games involve a lot of story telling with scenes that have multiple meanings and interpretations, which fits Big-O quite nicely.

Some of Goichi Suda's games:
-The Silver Case (PS1)
-Flower, Sun, and Rain (PS2)
-Killer 7 (Gamecube and PS2)
-Contact (Nintendo DS)
-No More Heroes (Wii)
Sharpshooter005 04-28-2007 05:48 PM
Mechcommander 2, except replace the battlemechs with the robots from that show.

Plot wise uh....drum up something about it taking place during the war shown in all the flashbacks, which is why you're controlling like four of the things. Really I just liked what I played of mechcommander 2 is all.

edit: I hear mechwarrior was also a pretty good mech game, but didn't play it, that'd make more sense since...you're just controlling a single unit.

Megadeuses(deii...whatever) seem more along the lines of the clunky, walking tank death machine style mechs than those damn ones from eva that do flips and knife fight. So yeah if you had to ape a franchise I'd think the mechwarrior/mechcommander/mechwhatever one would be more fitting than zone of enders or something
Lord Ender von Hellsing 04-28-2007 05:54 PM
I agree. Megadeuses represents true form of Mecha in anime. Rest, like Gundams for example were waaaaay too swift for such a large war machines.
So yes, I have played Mechwarrior 4: Lone Wolf and I must say that super heavy mechs are made quite good. And also, you can walk human when you exit a mech in that game, so it would be fitting.
paul1290 05-01-2007 03:38 PM
What really sets Big-O apart from other giant robots is the sense of mass. When Big-O does move quickly, the motion always has a great deal of mass behind it.
Inigo Montoya 05-01-2007 03:45 PM
RTS. Definitely an RTS.
War.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 05-01-2007 04:12 PM
Then you are talking about some prequels with Medaeii wars, thet we often see on flashbacks... Yeah, that could be fun. Can even, for the time being, act as a replacement for the third season. Allright, a RTS. But not without RPG elements.
Generalissimo D 05-01-2007 04:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Dungeon Master
RTS. Definitely an RTS.
War.

NO.
Inigo Montoya 05-01-2007 04:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Call Me D. Just D. The D.
quote:
RTS. Definitely an RTS.
War.

NO.

Why, D?
War.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 05-01-2007 05:09 PM
I think RTS could be done beside the real game. After all show me one creature from this forum (excepting you...) that wouldn't want to ride a Megadeus at least for once.
Inigo Montoya 05-01-2007 05:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ender von Hellsing
I think RTS could be done beside the real game. After all show me one creature from this forum (excepting you...) that wouldn't want to ride a Megadeus at least for once.

What do you mean "besides me?" I think piloting a giant walking mecha would be freaking awesome! I just like RTS's, that's all.
War.
Generalissimo D 05-01-2007 05:42 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Call Me D. Just D. The D.
quote:
RTS. Definitely an RTS.
War.

NO.

Why, D?
War.

Gameplay would consist of spamming minor tanks and sh** until you hit whatever tech tier you need to get the 'Deuses out.
Lord Ender von Hellsing 05-01-2007 06:01 PM
OR...
The game can consist only from Megadeii. You know, no one said that there were only Big O, Duo and Fau. There could be plenty of Megadeii in less - advanced tiers.
Still I think first they should make some action - RPG game.
Inigo Montoya 05-01-2007 06:17 PM
Use Steel Battalion as inspiration, then. Right down to the insane controller.
War.