Big O Video Game, What would you want in it

anubis316 12-24-2004 07:44 AM
great ideas evan... man i couldnt think up the levels but...wow your puttin some time on this, now i just wish that bandai would see these things and make a game. anyway i was thinking about some of the unolckables for the game. maybe after you beat the game you unlock other characters to play as through the story. but each character has a different story.
immagine playing the game fighting the big o in the big duo with Schwarzwald....that would be cool....flying around, then just piledriving the o's head in the ground....Drooling

*ahem* post any other suggestions
BigPrime 12-24-2004 02:26 PM
I've always envisioned a Big O game as sort of a cross between a mecha fighting game (as evan suggests) and a GTA game. Mecha fighting alone is fun and all, but Big O has a great story and great options for more freelance negotiation, and leaving that out would be a disservice to the show.

The way I see it, you'd be able to walk/drive around Paradigm and take jobs, etc. kinda like GTA (replacing guns with gadgets, I suppose). Certain missions would result in another Megadeus or monster attacking and then you call out Big O and fight. Maybe there could be an arena mode where you choose various characters and various Megadeuses to fight as well. Because just piloting Big O would get boring after a while.
evanASF27 12-24-2004 02:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BigPrime
I've always envisioned a Big O game as sort of a cross between a mecha fighting game (as evan suggests) and a GTA game. Mecha fighting alone is fun and all, but Big O has a great story and great options for more freelance negotiation, and leaving that out would be a disservice to the show.

The way I see it, you'd be able to walk/drive around Paradigm and take jobs, etc. kinda like GTA (replacing guns with gadgets, I suppose). Certain missions would result in another Megadeus or monster attacking and then you call out Big O and fight. Maybe there could be an arena mode where you choose various characters and various Megadeuses to fight as well. Because just piloting Big O would get boring after a while.

That's a very good point BigPrime. I was thinking of a mech fighting game (since I know that many people want to be roger smith and battle other megadeuses)...but you're idea would be better for a good overall "Big O Series" game. ......but since I have been thinking of this fighting game for a long time, I have no ideas on how that other game would work X_X;;
R and D 12-24-2004 06:47 PM
jeez evan this is awesome stuff ur thinking here. must tell more of its features! Smile )
evanASF27 12-24-2004 06:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Fwuffles
jeez evan this is awesome stuff ur thinking here. must tell more of its features! Smile )

Tomorrow I'll tell some more Wink Big Grin

And since it's Christmas tomorrow...I might skip ahead and tell you guys about some of the secrets of the game (some may only be obtainable by cheats/codes).
Almasy 12-25-2004 04:11 AM
You have some really cool ideas, Evan! ^_^

You've put a lot of thought into it. Smile
evanASF27 12-25-2004 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
You have some really cool ideas, Evan! ^_^

You've put a lot of thought into it. Smile

Why thank you Almasy Smile ) But trust me, the second season part of the game is going to be A LOT harder (both in gameplay and in me trying to figure out what to do x_X) ... ((kinda like the difference between Pokemon Stadium part 1 and part 2)).

Now here are some hidden things and secrets!
  1. One of the three hardest battles in the game (which is sort of like Pokemon Stadium's RIVAL battle) is the fight BIG O VS ???. This is epic battle of acts 13 and 14 recreated in one giant 1 on 3 battle o_O Big O uses most of its attacks here and gets really beaten up by the other megadeuses. You really have to be somewhat of a genius to move Big O as fast as you need to in order to attack all three.
  2. spoiler (highlight to read):
    After defeating Beck Victory Deluxe-- If you press the buttons in a certain order in the main menu screen and then go into the Megadeus Roster list, you'll find after 5 seconds of looking at Big O, that Beck will pop up from out of nowhere, sneak up a ladder and try to fight Norman (who is working on Big O as usual). Beck will get the crap beaten out of himself and as he goes to get Norman Big O will grabs Beck and toss him up off screen. Beck has left the building Wink

3. After you defeat Big Duo (which is a medium-hard battle), if you go to Megadeus Roster, you'll notice in the shadows to your left of Big O's bay (the other bays are to your right, off screen) that there are some very odd looking parts starting to be put together by Norman. Some of the parts look like arm pistons...well after defeating the each of the next three battles, you'll see those parts become more and more complete, and FINALLY after defeating Bonaparte, you'll find that Norman has constructed for you to use on Big O: THE TRIPLE PISTON ARMS! Big Grin
  4. spoiler (highlight to read):
    The toughest battle in the game (well programed "tough" at any rate) is BIG O VS BIG. This battle will only come to you after beating all three Difficulty Levels of the game (levels meaning EASY, MEDIUM, and HARD). During the credits after beating the final level, the credits will be interupted by a strange moaning metalic sound and the screen will turn negative and disappear. The face of Big Venus is staring you right in the face when the credits vanish O_O (very scarey if you didn't know this would happen). Automatically dialogue will start of Roger asking what the hell is that...Dorothy telling him...and then he says "Alright then." and the battle then starts. You have every weapon you have available for this fight (not Ball + Chain Arm or Final Stage though), but be careful...Big Venus has the ability to "rewind" a few of your attacks (including yourself!!! SO DEFEAT IT QUICK O_O).

5. spoiler (highlight to read):
    If you defeat Big Venus, you will gain the ability to choose either Roger Smith, Schwarzwald, Beck (Dove and T-Bone where appropriate), Alan Gabriel, or Alex Rosewater as pilots, as well as gaining a megadeus if you decide to keep playing just for fun: Beck RX3. If you lose...you'll only be able to get Beck RX3 (and the other pilots) through cheats. Neutral Go figure.

6. There is a way to unlock the Ultra-Secret Hidden Character "Angel" in the game...of course I haven't figured out an ultra hard way to do that yet Neutral

I might be updating this list later on....
R and D 12-25-2004 05:03 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETNESSSSSSSSSSSS EVAN! Big Grin

dude you should become a video game designer if ur this creative. we need a lot more people like who think big. they are making games waaaaaaaaay to easy these days. Roll Eyes
Benjamin 12-25-2004 08:12 PM
Did you ever consider a carrer in Video Game Designing, with a good graphic program you could make some pretty kick @$$ clips and you might be able to make a kick @$$ game!
stryker 01-01-2005 12:12 AM
The first Big O game should be a role playing adventure, done in a cell shading style like Gungrave and the Dragonball games, with anime quality cinemas and the original cast doing the voices. Then the fighting game can follow. I can wait for another fighting game to go with the 500 already on the market. Wink

Oh, and happy new year! I hope your holidays are at least as awesome as mine.
SharpDressedMan 01-07-2005 11:04 AM
I was just sitting downstairs in my house thinking about how grand a Big O game could be if done right and I think all these ideas are sounding great. I think I would lean more towords a game that actually plays like gungrave but the only problem with that is that i'd have problems with coming up with bad guys to fight.... that is unless you actually had scenes where you played as roger outside of Big O and had access to all his gadgets for fights against Alan Gabriel and whoever else you wanna throw in there. Anyways, good thoughts about the game, and I also thought about that super robot wars game. Might be kinda cool to own, even if it's like just Big O. Better than nothing I suppose.
Tabris-kun 02-22-2005 09:10 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if they made a Big O arcade game and made a replica of the cockpit to control Big O?

P.S. I have no idea if this has been submitted before Big Grin
R and D 02-23-2005 06:56 AM
we had something similar in this thread. Wink

click here! ^^

[Edit: Thanks, threads merged. --Krang]
Generalissimo D 02-23-2005 09:27 PM
I think for a start, they(Bandai, CN, etc) should make it an arcade game with replicas of the cockpit. Maybe special Alan or Schwarzwald editions. Hell, a 2 player one with two cockpits. How truly awesome would it be to beat your friends while screaming out random war crys? Then if that cashes in any, go onto like you guys said a GTA type game with Roger running around. I personally would prefer an arcade version, as I imagined it myself a while ago. Maybe they could have a mic system that gives you more power the harder you yell?
evanASF27 02-23-2005 11:36 PM
2 full cockpits for arcade game? O_o That'd be a bit expensive (understatement). Though I like the idea Big Grin That would be cool.

...jeez...I really ought to continue with my plans here. My game design is just too good to end unfinished. Dead
roger 02-24-2005 10:20 AM
that would be awsome like yu drive aroud the city doing negtioans and hwat not and when ever a mega deaus apears you could call bigo aand stop it and you could like bisikly live the wholle srires and your right it would be sotrta like rad
SmothPocket 02-24-2005 02:20 PM
They should definatly make it like a steel batalion. I wouldn't want it like a game where you have so much dialauge that it's boring. So the negotiation part would be difficult to make.
Generalissimo D 02-24-2005 04:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
2 full cockpits for arcade game? O_o That'd be a bit expensive (understatement). Though I like the idea Big Grin That would be cool.

...jeez...I really ought to continue with my plans here. My game design is just too good to end unfinished. Dead

They could make lets say, a dozen and have half in japan and the other half in the US. I'm just saying they should start like that, and then the Big Revolution(what I have dubbed the ressurection of the Big O to new heights) could get its kickoff from there. The second manga series is released...the games are made....the series is extended...and maybe a movie!
Captain Maw 03-21-2005 12:42 AM
Ok, Big O: The Video Game. lets get ideas. i looked around for ideas and i've heard that a spiderman 2 kind of layout would be good. i dunno. definitely for the box cube or pc. ps2 most likely it will be. what would it be like. i mean, would it be mission to mission, or allow you to roam free. how will megadeus fighting be like? short and intense? or long and decisive? the car? different characters? norman? the mansion's defenses? playing the bad guy? roger as one of the playable characters?
come now people!
Ace378 03-23-2005 08:18 PM
Just wondering what ever happened to this game idea? has it started being created?