Big O Video Game, What would you want in it

R and D 12-23-2003 08:19 PM
i would make it a 2 player.
it would have a single player mode too. like Super Smahs Brothers Melee.it would have the story mode and u would play roger smith or dorothy and for the giant robot battles, u would play as big o! Big Grin
it would have the two player mode and u can fight with the robots in a tournament like ring. Big Grin
it would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Big Grin Smile ) Pleased Wink Smile Tongue Drooling
psygnosis 12-23-2003 10:21 PM
the optimum =already existing= engine for the robot fights would be virtual on
ZedSnardbody 01-01-2004 06:34 PM
What would you like to see in a Big O game provided one is ever made?

Personaly I wouldn't mind something like GTA games. Though I'm not sure how you would work a Megadeus into though. But something along the lines of you as Roger with the option of doing missions or jobs as a negotiator, or the option of just driving around in the griffon blowing sh** up.

I think it would have to be seprate from the series in a away so that we can aviod the annoying bits of the supper dome and trying to figure out just what the hell is going on in the grand scheme of things.
Zopwx2 01-01-2004 06:49 PM
Hobodoken 01-01-2004 06:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zed Snardbody
driving around in the griffon blowing sh** up.

Roger wouldn't do that though, he only fights for justice, not for your ammusement.
Little Fau 01-01-2004 07:00 PM
I think the mindset of the story should be the same as it was for Cowboy Bebop: Knickin' on Heaven's Door -- set somewhere within the story we already have, an expanded version of a regular episode. Preferably this would be in the first season, giving us the cast of characters we know while leaving space for new stories to be told, and it could use the usual take-a-negotiating-job plot structure to start things off, and as Roger searches for information, tracks down people related to the dilemma, etc. it would branch out from there.

For gameplay, I'm thinking third-person. A freeform "roaming universe" like GTA3/Vice City would be nice, but since you're the good guy, damage and criminal activity should definitely be kept to a minimum (although you should be able to do whatever you want at any point when not on a mission, if you just feel like kicking around town in the Griffin or whatever). The domes could act to constrict the world based on progress: when you reach a certain point in the story a dome "opens up", allowing you access to it for that mission and the rest of the game. Maybe Paradigm recently enacted a high-security clearance system because of a recent threat or something, the specifics can come later. The usual cast of regulars would be there -- Norman, Dorothy, Angel, Dastun, Alex Rosewater, Big Ear -- which you would interact with largely in the same way they're used in the series.

And, of course, you would be able to call upon Big O when the going gets tough and giant robots or mutants are threatening the city. Ideally the entire world would be deformable so that fights would cause damage to the city, and at the least, all points along the underground railway system would be deformable so that Big O would come crashing up through streets and buildings. I definitely don't think giant robot fights should be the centerpiece of the game, but they should happen relatively frequently. (It's hard to explain just what "frequent" is in this gameplay structure; once a mission? Once every set of four or five related missions? Something like that.)

Since the show gets by with about one CD's worth of music per season, I suppose the game could as well, although some season 2-style remixes would be welcome; some tracks would have to be slightly re-edited to create loops as well, since "scenes" the game will invariably last longer than their televised counterparts.

And... that's about all I got. And boy, I sure wish they'd make it! I feel like picking up a controller and smashing around in a building-sized giant mecha right now.
Bentar 01-01-2004 07:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Here we talked about this:

http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...ight=video+game

http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...ight=video+game

Thanks Zopwx2, you beat me to it Smile

[Edit: Threads merged. --Krang]
anubis316 12-23-2004 09:55 AM
to be honest I think it would be pretty cool, just walking around the streets of paradigm with roger, then hitting a button , then watch as the Big O pops out of the ground. I've been so bored lately, I started to come up with the controls for a PS2 version.

if any of you have played RAD: robot alchemic drive, you sould be familier with some of the controls.

the analog sticks control the arms, but when you push down on L3/R3 the pistons draw back from each respected arm, push it again, they rush forward with excessive force.

the shoulder buttons control the legs...etc

triangle= toggle weapons up

circle= toggle weapons down

square= lock on

x= use selected weapon

well tell me what you guys think
Big Money 12-23-2004 10:42 AM
Welcome to Paradigm! Very much would I enjoy a Big O game... That said, theres already a thread about this... but its more than a few pages back, so I don't suppose it matters too much...

Yeah, I played a demo for RAD a few years ago... And I you are right about the similarity.
evanASF27 12-23-2004 12:01 PM
you know honestly I think the bext Big O type game would be a mech fighting game. Based on like the Godzilla video games but with graphics and some more of the action and complex bits like some of the "new" mech games.

Player can toggle views:
-- cockpit (Roger vision!)
-- up in the air behind the chair (something like this)
-- "helicopter view" (basic camera that can zoom in and out and rotate and revolve around the megadeus)

You start out with Big O (with eye beams, piston punch, hip-anchors). Each "battle" starts with Roger calling Big O (or maybe voice command!?! Big Grin ) and after defeating Dorothy 1 and going through some transision dialogue, you have to go back to the bank AGAIN and really "kill" Dorothy 1. Then Big O gains access to Chromebuster technique. Next level you have to defeat the Eel using Big O. After defeating the Eel, you gain "Machine Cannons", "Missile Party", and "Ball + Chain Arm" (from the manga). Then the game takes a detour from the fighting, as Roger has been called by Paradigm Corp. to investigate the disappearence of Michael Seebach. You control Roger as you enter the hotel and have to navigate its halls, collecting bits of paper with parts of "Seebach's" notes and dodging/getting out of booby-traps. When you finally make it to the 5th Floor, you search Seebach's room looking in trashcans and then finally brushing aside a pile of fallen coffee cups to find the typewriter. As "Roger" reads the note, you can see gasoline pooling up behind him. when Roger finishes reading it, you (the player) sees a bandaged hand throw a match into the gas just as Roger turns around...(etc etc etc you know what happens next...) So after the long seen of meeting Schwarzwald, the game brings you underground with Roger walking through the hallways (this is all automatic up to the battle) and then he finds the Expo 04 chamber and then the Archtype. Schwarzwald comes in...blah blah blah...Big O drops in from the roof (Sure Promise plays as background music Big Grin ) then the player takes over and battles the archetype trying to keep it from killing you AND from it getting out into the city (kinda crossing the anime with the manga here). Big O has its "Ball + Chain" arm in this battle and you get to use it against the Achetype.

You see I have like planned out the entire game here...I just don't have the time to write up more of the gameplay because the bell is about to ring and I gotta go to Math class O_o;;;
R and D 12-23-2004 01:39 PM
i always thought they could recreate the cockpit for the controls! it would sorta like a DDR thing but much cooler. besides, these critics are complaining these days that we don't exercise too much. roger gets a work out in the cockpit so maybe we could too!
BabyGhia 12-23-2004 03:56 PM
Jeez. After reading what Evan wrote about this, I really want to play this now. Someone make the game now... please! Sounds like fun.

BabyGhia
R and D 12-23-2004 05:27 PM
quote:
Each "battle" starts with Roger calling Big O (or maybe voice command!?! )

that could be possible since the gamecube has that microphone for mario party 6 and the other will catch on later as usual. Pleased but that would be awsome! Big Grin
anubis316 12-23-2004 05:47 PM
I wish bandai would make a big o game.....it would rock

maybe you could beat the game and unlock new characters........*goes to the character select screen..."sweetness, the Beck Victory Deluxe"...>_>...<_<...X_X* lol

that would be cool

name some of the unlockables that you would like to see
R and D 12-23-2004 05:50 PM
could this be for weapons as well? Confused

for the weapons:
Final stage
nukes
the arms of big fau

for the robots:
Big Duo
Big Fau
Giant Robot Exploding Toy! (final attack is self destruct! Big Grin )
evanASF27 12-23-2004 05:55 PM
I'll type up more of the game in a bitSmile (gotta get my thoughts together...again...)

Yes characters could be unlocked and there will also be hidden features (which I won't tell you yet!! @_@ Evil )...though I gotta think of more "mini-game" type things to do between key battles (like that Search For Seebach adventure in my post above)...but it's hard to think up actually good games that aren't pathetic and actually have to do with the show.
evanASF27 12-23-2004 07:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by anubis316
maybe you could beat the game and unlock new characters........*goes to the character select screen..."sweetness, the Beck Victory Deluxe"...>_>...<_<...X_X* lol

I'm one step ahead of you Wink Read below! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Baby Fwuffles
could this be for weapons as well? Confused

for the weapons:
Final stage
nukes
the arms of big fau

for the robots:
Big Duo
Big Fau
Giant Robot Exploding Toy! (final attack is self destruct! Big Grin )

Interesting...well weapons will be unlocked as the game progesses. So don't worry, Final Stage will come soon enough Wink ...but nukes and Big Fau's arms...uhh I don't know. Nukes would kill Big O in the blast radius O_o;; Big Fau's arms...are on Big Fau @_@;; Big O will sadly only be able to use arms that were brought from the manga and anime into the game. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by BabyGhia
Jeez. After reading what Evan wrote about this, I really want to play this now. Someone make the game now... please! Sounds like fun.

BabyGhia

Glad you liked it! Big Grin But keep an eye on this thread Wink There's more to come!! Big Grin Evil Big Grin

here's what we have so far Wink (NOTE: I changed a tiny bit of the "Archetype VS Big O" scene)

quote:
Player can toggle views:
-- cockpit (Roger vision!)
-- up in the air behind the chair (something like this)
-- "helicopter view" (basic camera that can zoom in and out and rotate and revolve around the megadeus)

You start out with Big O (with eye beams, piston punch, hip-anchors). Each "battle" starts with Roger calling Big O (or maybe voice command!?! Big Grin ) and after defeating Dorothy 1 and going through some transision dialogue, you have to go back to the bank AGAIN and really "kill" Dorothy 1. Then Big O gains access to Chromebuster technique. Next level you have to defeat the Eel using Big O. After defeating the Eel, you gain "Machine Cannons" and "Missile Party". Then the game takes a detour from the fighting, as Roger has been called by Paradigm Corp. to investigate the disappearence of Michael Seebach. You control Roger as you enter the hotel and have to navigate its halls, collecting bits of paper with parts of "Seebach's" notes and dodging/getting out of booby-traps. When you finally make it to the 5th Floor, you search Seebach's room looking in trashcans and then finally brushing aside a pile of fallen coffee cups to find the typewriter. As "Roger" reads the note, you can see gasoline pooling up behind him. when Roger finishes reading it, you (the player) sees a bandaged hand throw a match into the gas just as Roger turns around...(etc etc etc you know what happens next...) So after the long seen of meeting Schwarzwald, the game brings you underground with Roger walking through the hallways (this is all automatic up to the battle) and then he finds the Expo 04 chamber and then the Archtype. Schwarzwald comes in...blah blah blah...Big O drops in from the roof (Sure Promise plays as background music Big Grin ) then the player takes over and battles the archetype trying to keep it from killing you AND from it getting out into the city (kinda crossing the anime with the manga here). Big O has its "Ball + Chain" arm (from the manga) in this battle and you get to use it against the Achetype. Roger sees the strange arm and when he gets in the cockpit with Dorothy (yes dorothy is along for the ride) he radios Norman on the moniter (meanwhile the archetype is stretching and howling). Norman explains that the arm had been with Big O and he thought that it might need it for this battle (yah complete crap but hey, I don't design the dialogue!! @_@).

Now here's a little game " Tongue 'haha' in your face" thing...the archetype 80% of the time will get outside and you have to follow it and destroy it. But if you manage to defeat it inside the chamber (the other 20%), you'll be able to have the option of switching out an arm for a "Ball + Chain" arm for the rest of the game! But either way, after you defeat the Archetype Schwarzwald's voice can be heard echoing throughout the area "bwhaha-HAHAHAA!! Very good, Roger Smith! But next time you won't be so lucky!" or something menacing and Schwarzwaldish like that. At this point, the game saves and goes through some kind of SuperSmashBros. CONGRATS! scene and then goes back to the game menu. When you arrive at the menu screen, you see a new "link" (as it were) under "Start New Game" and "Continue Saved Game" but above "Options"... it's "Megadeus Roster". Clicking here you'll come to a hangar similar to Big Fau's where you have megadeuses lined up in bays. Here you can view each megadeus's stats (like speed, defense, offense) and choose which attatchments (See: Archetype VS Big O Fight) you can put on your megadeus. The view can be zoomed in + out and also rotated to view more the megadeus, but the cool thing is that you actually are at ground level (as if looking through a person's eyes) looking up at the megadeuses and when you toggle bays (See below) you actually turn and walk down to the next one! The first bay has Big O with Norman working on it while you look it over...the next bay will have Dorothy 1 (just obtained after defeating the archetype), but Roger pilots this by remote control so you can't have either of the cockpit views in battle....the next bay has piled up remains of what appears to be the Archetype you just fought (however you won't ever be able to use it in battle...you'll see in later posts why Wink )...then if you toggle to other bays you won't see anything and the lighting on them will be dimmed. All you'll see in the bays will be a small silhouette of the unobtained megadeus's head in the middle of the hangar wall.

...well moving on...If you continue the game, it'll start up with a scene of Roger in his bed sleeping...and then being woken up quite abruptly by Dorothy's playing. Roger gets out of bed and then the player controlls Roger searching the upper two floors for Dorothy (understandably to SHUT HER UP @_@;; ).....(sorry you aren't able to get roger down into Big O's hangar Tongue ).....well when you DO find Dorothy (slamming the door open), an automated scene starts with dialogue between Dorothy and Roger. You know where this is going! Big Grin TO INSTRO! Well in order to save time, the game fades into Roger running like hell from the half demolished house after Constanze. Well after talking to Instro, nearly getting lasered to death, and summoning Big O...you get to fight Constanze. BUT! THERE IS A CATCH! Shocked This is a timed battle (haven't decided if it's the only one in the game yet)...you have 3 minutes or something like that to defeat Constanze with Big O using the weapons you have (Missile Party, Machine Cannons, Chromebuster, Eye Beams, Hip Anchors, and Piston Punches...Ball + Chain arm can't be used in this battle). If you haven't defeated him by the end of 3 Minutes, then Constanze prepares to start up its Phonosonic Machine (this is a short automatic scene, meaning you can't attack it when the arms are being put out). But the Phonosonic Machine doesn't go full blast the instant it starts, it has to get up to speed...which means you have a little bit of time to get over to Constanze and take it out before it reaches ful power (indicated by a little meter on the top of the screen). As it gains power though, Big O gets pushed harder and harder back with the damage increasing with every 10%. At 100% you're gone in a matter of seconds Neutral ...and if that happens you just go back to the begining of the "running from the half demolished house" scene and try again...but preferably you defeat Constanze before you get blown away into ittybitty bits. Well there is good news for you and Big O. Every time you attack Constanze, the power meter for the Phonosonic machine goes down 5%-35% in strength (depending on how strong an attack you used. 35% would be a Chromebuster's effect, 25% would be Arm Piston, 5% would be Eye Beams, etc). If you get the meter down to 0% and then hit it with another attack, making it go into the negative percentage, you have destroyed the 8 arms of Constanze and you win! Big Grin

More to come when I think of how to add the Sea Titan and Osrail x_x;; Suggestions ARE welcomed! You guys might have something that I would never think of Wink So go on and suggest away! Big Grin

*edit*
Just had another idea...see the last couple of sentences of "Constanze VS Big O" bit.
BabyGhia 12-23-2004 07:39 PM
Evan, you have really impressed me with all the thinking you have done on this. Sounds like a great game and sounds like something I'd really want to play also. Wow! A lot of little details too.

Now if they would just make it already. Tongue

BabyGhia
Tabris-kun 12-23-2004 08:46 PM
Yes it would be cool, but Big O is in a video game called Super Robot Wars D
evanASF27 12-23-2004 09:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 82890
Yes it would be cool, but Big O is in a video game called Super Robot Wars D

yah...but it isn't a mainly Big O game. You have only Big O, and then you have all these other mechs from Gundam and god knows what else.

What we're looking for is a purely Big O game Smile I mean, why buy a game for one level with Big O? Why not buy a game that you have Big O and even other megadeuses from the series all throughout the game! Big Grin