Big O Video Game, What would you want in it

The Big Ian 12-03-2003 09:56 PM
I think one of the logical ways to do it would be to make it similar to DBZ: Budakai.

Pretty straightfoward fighting game (with story mode Big Grin ) that allows you to power up many characteristics over time.
Schwarzwald101 12-04-2003 06:53 AM
They would need both versions of Duo, and Schwarzwald should have nice looonnng monlogues in English. Pleased
Big Money 12-04-2003 07:18 AM
It should be play like grand theft auto, but the game would be broken into four parts, The first with Roger, the second with Shwartzwald, and the third with Alex. And a secret Beck level...
TubamanRH 12-04-2003 07:39 AM
I'd be a little disappointed if it was just a fighting game. I'd really like being able to drive the Griffon around Paradigm, using its various gadgets. Maybe like Enter The Matrix: some fighting, some vehicle, some of everything.
OmegaMaN500 12-04-2003 10:43 AM
it should be a regular fighting game and some missions to find memories and every misson just like the show and it should be 2 player because dorothy could help roger in some levels and the higher power ups the better the chance you get to call big o sound cool guys
TheNegotiator 12-04-2003 12:54 PM
So many possibilites, can't list them all..........

(Has a brain seizure and falls to the ground convulsing)
GabrielNYC 12-23-2003 02:44 PM
an RPG? god no, an action/adventure/fighting game would be better suited. i made a similar posting here http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...eadid=3403&sid=
Wazpy 12-23-2003 02:51 PM
Actually I was just going to make a post asking if any of you would be interested in making a Big O mugen game with me.
If you guys don't know, mugen is a system that lets you make fighting games. I'd be happy to make hand drawn sprites if somebody else would color and shade them with photoshop. We would also need a person capable of programing mugen characters, but I'd be happy to learn that if nobody here has any experience.

I was going to hold out until after break to ask since I need access to the school's scanner if we want hand drawn sprites, but since there's a topic anyways, I figured I might as well ask now.
psygnosis 12-23-2003 03:06 PM
First off I really don't think robot fights should be the main focus. The best posible game would have to be something like the shenmue games, more of a mystery that was solved by qyuestioning people, but more finding clues in random places that the people gave you hints to go to. i think there would be robot fights, preferably akin to those in virtual on, that would be great, however just not the main focus. also there could be some random arcade game that you actualy got into a mockup of the big o cockpit and piloted the big o. long story short i think the game should be more mystery based.
Commander Amarao 12-23-2003 03:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by psygnosis
First off I really don't think robot fights should be the main focus. The best posible game would have to be something like the shenmue games, more of a mystery that was solved by qyuestioning people, but more finding clues in random places that the people gave you hints to go to. i think there would be robot fights, preferably akin to those in virtual on, that would be great, however just not the main focus. also there could be some random arcade game that you actualy got into a mockup of the big o cockpit and piloted the big o. long story short i think the game should be more mystery based.

What? No megadeus fights. Beating the game by questioning people. Are you hoping for a Big O game to fail. The fights and bad guys are what makes the game great. If anyone has ever played armored core then they'll know thats the best format for the fights to be in. I don't think it should all just be one big fighting game. The story is too good for that. It should follow in a grand theft auto third person view for the adventuring part(should probably be given different characters such as Dorothy or Norman). The levels should probably be split up into different cases. And then when you find a goal on you paradigm city map it should switch to an animated cut scene like in the show and then you can be given different ways of dealing with it. Like a car chase with the griffon or piloting Big O. It would be awesome if at the end of each level for a boss battle it shows Roger and the enemy megadeus preparing for battle then you see Roger yell out "Showtime!" then switching over to you in control of Big O. This would probably be the best way for the game to be made.
psygnosis 12-23-2003 03:27 PM
you've never played shemue have you, you ask people questions then after a few clues were uncoverd you sometimes end up in a gang fight, i don't think levels are a good idea. man shemue was good im probly going to buy an xbox just to play the third one, i love my european copy of shenmue 2 for the dreamcast
MetalGoldKnight 12-23-2003 05:23 PM
I think the best way to do it would be to have Roger be able to walk/drive around Paradigm City at will, except in certain areas or circumstances he would be able to call on Big O.

Example:

It would start out with Roger going to the Speakeasy or Police Department or some place like that to find a negotiation mission to go on. Using, let's say, the plot of Act 9 for this example, you would go to the rich guy's mansion and find out about his situation. From there, you would go around looking for clues on who kidnapped his son and where the kidnappers went. Along the way you might get into a fight with some thugs or a car chase in order to get what you want. Finally you would recieve access to Beck's warehouse, and after fighting through a few of Beck's goons you would get to Beck himself. Of course, he summons the Beck Victory Deluxe, and from there you could call on Big O, and then fight it. For winning the Megadeus battle you could recieve 'memories' (they would be kinda like the Exp. points in this game, letting you use new attacks with Big O) and for completing the mission you would get money (you could use it to buy more equipment and items for yourself or the Griffon).
Big Money 12-23-2003 05:40 PM
Perhaps instead of having only certain times that you could pilot Big O, the player should be able to call it at any time, but there would be reasons to not call it, say, keeping your identity secret, or not alerting Paradigm Corporation to your presence. There should also be an appropriate time delay for how far away you are from the Mansion, i.e. if you are on the opposite side of town, it would take a few minutes for the prarie dog to get to your location.
Big Fau 12-23-2003 05:45 PM

BIG FAU!!! @.@

MUAHAHAHHAHAH *runs off*

and other things Tongue

*coughstorybattleroyalect.ect.cough*
Little Fau 12-23-2003 05:51 PM
Anybody heard of those Battletech mock-up cockpit arcade games they had in Japan? How sweet would a Big O version of that be! Complete with third-person viewscreens outside of it for other people to watch.

And I agree that calling on Big O whenever you want would be more fun, give it a GTA-ish freedom. Sure, using it virtually anytime there isn't another Megadeus to fight would have major consequences, but sometimes you just feel like smashing around the city for kicks, you know? Just remember to save before you rampage...
Blackcat 12-23-2003 06:07 PM
I want:

Isometric Robot Kick Ass Action!

Mystery! and Negotiations... One choice could lead to fights, another to money!

One mission where you drive the griffon *Like in Enter The Matrix, where you drive Niaobe's firebird*

You should get to play as either Roger or Dorothy (And norman after you beat Roger and Dorothy on hard mode!), each character has to do slightly different missions...

You should get to call Big O any time you want, like from a menu that looks like rogers watch (Yes, a 007 Goldeneye ripoff)

I'll think up of some more later.

-B.c.
Little Fau 12-23-2003 06:21 PM
How's this for rediculously expensive peripherals: a replica wristwatch with a wireless microphone in it. In order to active Big O, you actually have to yell "Big O, SHOWTIME!" into the watch, and then it does the shrinking blue circles thing. Maybe it even has a tiny LCD screen in it, and when Norman calls you he does it on that.

Yeah, that'd break any hope of a profit margin. But the fanboys, will somebody think of the fanboys!
Commander Amarao 12-23-2003 06:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by psygnosis
you've never played shemue have you, you ask people questions then after a few clues were uncoverd you sometimes end up in a gang fight, i don't think levels are a good idea. man shemue was good im probly going to buy an xbox just to play the third one, i love my european copy of shenmue 2 for the dreamcast

Yeah that's shemnue,or whatever you call it, but to have a game about Big O with Roger asking questions is not what the show is about. The idea of that would be just a dumb idea for a game. It'd be like making it into a puzzle game. Why would you ask people questions when no one even does it in the show. It would probably kill the game. You could probably visit and question Big Ear but that's about it.
Big Money 12-23-2003 06:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcat
I want:

Isometric Robot Kick Ass Action!

Mystery! and Negotiations... One choice could lead to fights, another to money!

One mission where you drive the griffon *Like in Enter The Matrix, where you drive Niaobe's firebird*

You should get to play as either Roger or Dorothy (And norman after you beat Roger and Dorothy on hard mode!), each character has to do slightly different missions...

You should get to call Big O any time you want, like from a menu that looks like rogers watch (Yes, a 007 Goldeneye ripoff)

I'll think up of some more later.

-B.c.

Like I said in an earliter post, you should be able to play as Dorothy or anyone with a Big, and secret Norman and Beck levels!

That would be so awesome! And the watch could do other magical stuff Roger's watch does, like drive the Griffon!

quote:
Originally posted by Little Fau
How's this for rediculously expensive peripherals: a replica wristwatch with a wireless microphone in it. In order to active Big O, you actually have to yell "Big O, SHOWTIME!" into the watch, and then it does the shrinking blue circles thing. Maybe it even has a tiny LCD screen in it, and when Norman calls you he does it on that.

Yeah, that'd break any hope of a profit margin. But the fanboys, will somebody think of the fanboys!

Think of the fanboys indeed. Forget a game peripheral, they could sell that by itself. Warning, Big O not included.
Cool_Vash 12-23-2003 08:14 PM
I don't think the watch would be too much. I mean, really, it'd just be like a microphone combined with the LCD part of a Dreamcast VMU (Visual Memory Unit).

Man that'd rock. Though I'd definitely go for something like Shenmue crossed with RAD's robot fights (though I'm torn between using the anologue sticks for arm attacks. of course, that'd only work if it was a PS2 game.)

[starts thinking up some ideas to say later]