Big O Video Game, What would you want in it

InsInIfIcant 09-29-2003 07:34 PM
I like the RPG idea. Make it like Baldurs Gate, Black Isle could do it they make great RPGs. Your quests could be Neogations you could pick people up like Schwarzwald and Rosewater to join your party or you could challenge them. Each party member has there won Megadeus.
Roger Big O, Dorothy Dorothy 1, Schwarzwald Big Duo, Alex Big Fau, Beck and one of his imatation Megadeus, you get the idea. Level up get more hit points and weapons/armor. The story would be hard to come up with though.
Sharpshooter005 09-29-2003 07:41 PM
quote:
Maybe a FPS?

Do I detect a hint of Shogo? Hm..well, the robot in that game did kinda transform into a vehicle...big O on its train maybe? Big Grin

I played the demo for that, seemed fun as hell. You had a robot that could kind of go into transport mode (and resembled big O on its subway traincar thing), or become full sized and such. But then it would be interspersed with on-foot levels, raiding a facility and such. I'd buy it if I ever saw it for sale, anywhere Frown ..also it had a third person mode I believe.
GoGoArlo 09-29-2003 07:52 PM
wow i didnt even think anybody else even knew about SHOGO, yea thats a cool game I bought it for like five bucks at best buy, best five dollar video game i ever bought. It was fun on a bun.
Ketchup 09-29-2003 08:19 PM
OOOO!!!!! I was waiting for a thread like this to pop up! ^____^

I've always thought about a Big O video game. I always thought it would go along with just about every episode(Well, every episode that actully matters, or really goes along with the main storyline.) I also thought it would be neat to be an RPG.

Wow....just think of it.....Roger, Dorothy, Norman, Schwartzwald (sp?), Alex, Angel, Beck, etc. in three-dimensional form. Shocked Sweeeeet....

Also, I'd only play the game after I've seen the ENTIRE series of Big O. That means that I would have to see EVERY SINGLE episode before playing. Why? Because the game would then have too many spoilers and it would give away the story. Well, that would only happen if there were more seasons.......
Schoolie 09-29-2003 08:20 PM
It'd be tricky, but possible:

Has to have RPG elements to it, with all of Roger's negotiating and mystery-solving.

Has to have giant robot fighting.

Could have some cool driving sequences and other action sequences with Roger (or Dorothy!) on the human scale.

Has to have cool cinema sequences, music, and the original voice actors!
SharpDressedMan 09-29-2003 08:27 PM
The only thing that would be hard about the entire action game deal would be having all these goons for the big o to beat up... thing is that maybye you could split up the battles between Roger segments and Big O segments. I have no doubt in my mind that Roger really doesn't need the big o to do some major kicking of the butt! Bosses for him could be like Alan Gabriel and people like Beck for the first boss and then once more when "beck comes back" hahahah! PUN! Then the Big O parts could range all the way from dorothy 1 all the way to
spoiler (highlight to read):
venus

A battle that you just couldnt win I suppose.
Name Of God 09-29-2003 09:09 PM
I think to do it well it would have to be like Deus Ex.

Although, anygame would be better if it were more like Deux Ex.
A. Rosewater 09-29-2003 11:08 PM
mini shooting game with Dastun, since his aim sucks in the show.

the ability to trash paradigm city with any megadeus or robot.

mini game concerning Norman, maybe something to do with cleaning or driving around running errands in that motorcycle of his....so cool.

....there is just too much i would want from it....i would want like 20 games made...AHHHHH
Trotsky 09-29-2003 11:18 PM
i think it sould be free rang like GTA. whear their are tons and tons of missions that you juts have to go around and find. and whear you use Big O when you get into a fight.
GoGoArlo 09-29-2003 11:31 PM
Does anybody remember the MUGEN program where you program game sprites from various games and they become characters in a 2d fighter game that you could customize. People made custom fighter sprites like Chrono trigger characters, gundam, eva, Final fantasy, Tenchi, megaman, etc. etc. My friend made a really cool game cuz he has the mad computer skills. I tryed to make one in the hopes of creating a Big O or Roger sprite but due to my computer skillzors being the suckzors that dream crashed and burned....ah well. But hey maybe you dear reader have those awsome skills to create a Big O fighting sprite and program them into a game....
Trotsky 09-29-2003 11:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GoGoArlo
Does anybody remember the MUGEN program where you program game sprites from various games and they become characters in a 2d fighter game that you could customize. People made custom fighter sprites like Chrono trigger characters, gundam, eva, Final fantasy, Tenchi, megaman, etc. etc. My friend made a really cool game cuz he has the mad computer skills. I tryed to make one in the hopes of creating a Big O or Roger sprite but due to my computer skillzors being the suckzors that dream crashed and burned....ah well. But hey maybe you dear reader have those awsome skills to create a Big O fighting sprite and program them into a game....

never even knew such a thing existed, i'll have to go and find that! Smile )
Bentar 09-30-2003 12:56 AM
I'm sadly not really up on PS2/XBox games, but I do like the sound of a Big O game somewhat like Baldur's Gate, with Paradigm City (and surrounding area) in place of the Sword Coast. Or better yet, Neverwinter Nights, with a toolset editor! A Quake-style Deathmatch mode would be a must though, for those times when any Big other than your own is one too many. Big Grin The story (I think) would be straightforward enough - think of it as a quest for memories, with the memory of the 'truth' of the event being the ultimate goal. Think of all the (probably) unresolved plotlines that could be picked up, animated, and used as cutscene 'rewards' for a level well played! Not to mention all the stand alone (like most season 1 episodes) side quests possible, that would help unlock weaponsystems on your Big, or simple gain of experience with would make your attacks more powerful. Add a helping handful of never-before-seen megadei and protomegadei (not Bigs), and the ability to design your own quests (and megadei for that matter) ala something like the NWN Toolset, and I think they'd have a killer game Smile

Interestingly, the game could probably be largely implemented in NWN, if NWN had #1 better ability to design true 3D objects (try finding a castle more than two stories high Tongue ) and #2 an easy way to design an multi-story-high character - ie a Big. Smile

On a side note, I've noted the praise from people I respect about Deus Ex - time for me to give that a try.

[EDIT] I desided it was finally time to spell weapon with a 'p' rather than an 's'.
Outlaw Skull 09-30-2003 01:53 AM
Maybe it could be a throwback to all of the classic 2-D multiplatforms.
Elements of fighting, driving and being a dominus all within one game.

Choosing between characters like: Roger, R. Dorthy and Norman, players will be joined by Big O regulars such as Angel, Dan Dastun and Big Ear at pivital points within the game.

Each character has a separate storyline that picks up at different parts (ala Resident Evil), each will pilot Big O at some point within the game and each character will use a vehicle that they will need to utilize at different parts of the game.

As a bonus, there is a "fighting game" option which pits your character in multiplayer combat against other characters controlled by humans or the cpu. one mode uses regular human characters and the other features megadei.

Featuring voice talent from the actual anime, these actors assume their respective characters and provide real authentic lines for their characters.

Negotiation result: Press start to begin play
Evil Spinyporc 09-30-2003 03:00 PM
Does anyone remember that game called Steel Battalion?
It was the one that had a 200 dollar price tag on it because it had a huge controller modeled after the controls inside the robot you control.
Well, what if they made a controller for the game modeled after the entire cockpit of a megadeus? Although it'd be really freakin' expensive, it would be extremely cool. Also, all of the battles fought in first person view. Meaning, you would be looking from inside the cockpit in the game.

I want one now.
C.R Foxhound 09-30-2003 03:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Evil Spinyporc
Does anyone remember that game called Steel Battalion?
It was the one that had a 200 dollar price tag on it because it had a huge controller modeled after the controls inside the robot you control.
Well, what if they made a controller for the game modeled after the entire cockpit of a megadeus? Although it'd be really freakin' expensive, it would be extremely cool. Also, all of the battles fought in first person view. Meaning, you would be looking from inside the cockpit in the game.

I want one now.

Remember?

Its not like its old.

But it would so badass

God, could you imagine the box for that thing lol
InsInIfIcant 09-30-2003 08:34 PM
Or you could make a fighter like that Godzilla game, I think it was destory all monsters or something. I never played it but from what I saw in commercials looks like something that could translate into Big O easy.
Zopwx2 09-30-2003 09:18 PM
NVWC2006 10-01-2003 06:41 PM
Many of us already know about Sunrise World War, as well as Super Robot Taisen/Wars D, which both feature Big O and Co. However, one is simply a giant robots game, while the other is a Sunrise, Inc. cartoon game. Neither is a distinct Big O game. Which is what we want, though I'm sure any one of us would be happy for Big O to have cameo on the PS2 or GBA. I still thing a Super Smash Bros. Melee type game, with a storyline mode, is the best bet. But if I had a PS2, and Sunrise World War appeared in America... I'd be the first to preorder it :-D darn my GCN, why don't u learn how to play playstation games?! *kicks*
ParadigmSubways 12-03-2003 08:48 PM
I think if there was a Big O game for the Game Boy Advance, when they talk, instead of some games where all you see is text at the bottom, I'd actually like to hear them talking. And another thing is they'd have to have a map with all the main landmarks such as Rog's house, the domes, etc. Adding some more Megadeuces would also be a nice plus.
BigPrime 12-03-2003 09:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trotsky
i think it sould be free rang like GTA. whear their are tons and tons of missions that you juts have to go around and find. and whear you use Big O when you get into a fight.

I agree. I never would've thought of the idea of using GTA: Vice City as a basis, but I can really see it. You get to drive around in the Griffon taking jobs from various people in Paradigm, and if things get bad, you've always got Big O as backup. Hell, it'd be fun just for the ability to drive around Paradigm in a game like that.

The Mansion could be the main indoor "set", with access to Big O's repair bay, the living room, dining room and the rooftop.

It'd be really fun if there was a random Megadeus encounter generator that kicked in whenever you weren't actively on a case. Heheh. Just to keep you on your toes.

And you could have Norman call you on the watch whenever a new client showed up at the door.

Of course, the soundtrack to the game could only be music straight from the show.