A new opening?

Mr. Fortnight 02-26-2007 09:07 PM
I like it... but it makes me miss the classic opening.
Krang 02-26-2007 10:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
It looks like The Big O may be getting alot more attention over in Japan, First they have an International box set, then they Put it on the network and make new animation for the opening. Hopefully this attention will spread and the people over here will notice and follow suit to a third season.

It's surprising to see a new intro, but I'm glad to know that Big O is getting some attention again in Japan. However, it's completely unnecessary for that attention to spread to the US in order for there to be more episodes of Big O. It was nice to see Cartoon Network help out with the second season, but they have clearly stated that they are not interested in funding any more episodes. As much as I like the series, I can see where they're coming from, because it would be a bad business decision to do so (most of the attention has died down by now, so they would be putting a lot of money into something that would probably make relatively little in return when they could just fund another simple, cheap comedy show instead and make just as much, if not more).

However, the first season was created without the help of Cartoon Network, so if there's enough interest within Japan, they are perfectly capable of creating more episodes by themselves. If we are going to see any new episodes of Big O, that would be the most likely scenario in my opinion.
Dangerous 02-27-2007 03:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
However, the first season was created without the help of Cartoon Network, so if there's enough interest within Japan, they are perfectly capable of creating more episodes by themselves. If we are going to see any new episodes of Big O, that would be the most likely scenario in my opinion.

They created the Big O thanks to the success of 'Batman' and the 'Gargoyls' . I don't know if they made other animes. I am sure that if there is a new interest for Big O we can maybe hope to see a third season, even if I believe that the scenario is finished. However I believe again that they will hesitate to dare to make a third season because the Big O didn't get its success like their Batman. It will take time, years before launching this uncertain project.
Spoderman 02-28-2007 12:31 AM
The song is okay until the chorus comes in... its sooooooooooo bad.

The guitar work and "big o" chanting is actually kind of cool. Gets ruined when he opens his mouth though :/
Big Money 03-05-2007 06:07 PM
This song is really awesome.

Just puttin' that out there.
Shady Dark Lady 03-05-2007 08:25 PM
Whatever it takes to keep Big O alive in Japan as well as here! Maybe they can get some new fans, and maybe if we are really lucky, renewed intrest, then new episodes!! If only we could get all the Naruto fans into Big O....maybe in a few years when they are older they can be converted to the genius that is Big O!!
(And yes, I am a Naruto Fan..)
minespatch 03-11-2007 12:40 PM
personally, i'm quite as all happy to see something new from "big o". if the success comes back, then maybe naruto craze in america will die finallly(i hate those repetitious ads and episodes from the anime/i only like the manga).
Paradigm Dog 03-11-2007 08:34 PM
I don't think there's any new animation in the opening, but the combination of clips do help sell the series better than any other intro yet to a wider audience. As for the song, it's weird, but it kind of works the way it gets in your face: We already had etherial/mechanical (season 1) and mysterious/investagative (season 2) themes; this new theme presents the "hip/action" side of BIG-O via rock'n roll, which some songs in the BIG-O soundtracks have had before, and the series certainly contains (the visuals of this intro highlight them). I love how the lyrics really get into the soul of the main character and the cliffhanger-esque ending "the show must go on."

As Krang said, BIG-O is a product from Japan. The fact that some of the animators worked on stuff like Batman in the past is insignificant--BIG-O is a creation of SUNRISE, the same studio that did the Gundam sagas, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, etc. If BIG-O gets a stronger following in Japan, Season 3 can happen without CN.

Given the revivals in anime recently, and given the fact that SUNRISE really hasn't had a big original property come out for them in a while that I can recall, there's a good chance they'll return to BIG-O at some point. A new intro, new song, a new box set, and a return to a network bode well for BIG-O getting bigger exposure.

I hope to see a Season 3 come out of this. Great stuff!
Capt. Quekolis 03-14-2007 07:39 PM
I like the way you think. I tall makes sense. They have already come out with a new box set. Rather pricey if you ask me. They just dont makes things like that for no reason.