If You Ever Get to Louisville

Pygmalion 02-18-2007 10:37 PM
... you must take time to visit some of the museums there. I only had time for three; the merest hint of what's available.

I visited the Louisville Slugger Museum on Sunday, so I didn't see bats actually being made (the museum is next to H&B, the company that's been making bats for 122 years), but we still walked the production floor and saw the equipment that was used. I enjoy factory tours, so this was a real treat.

After the factory tour, I spent a brief hour in the Louisville Science Center until it closed. I like any museum that lets me get hands-on, and this one is well-supplied with the stuff science geeks love.

The next day, I spent five hours in the Frazier International History Museum. It is the perfect place for someone interested in historic arms and armor. One floor is devoted to British history (pieces on loan from the British Armories), another primarily to 16th- to 20th-century items from America. The docents portray characters from Revolutionary War soldiers, to 18th-century swordsmen, to early 20th-century suffragettes. I would have liked to stay longer, but I had a plane to catch.

Pygmalion
Buck Buck #1 02-18-2007 10:41 PM
I have a lot of family up in Louisville, so I'm up there at least once a year. I've been to the Louisville Slugger factory, but I don't think I've been to the other ones.
SEELE 08 02-18-2007 11:31 PM
Science museum sounds like fun, I'm in Louisville two or three times a year...
Shadow dorothy 02-19-2007 08:34 PM
I used to live there and went to just about every museam in Loiusville. after a while u just dont care. I would suggest the Weapons muesaem thu it's kinda cool.
Christina Perry 02-20-2007 02:41 PM
I been to Louisville all the time! My family was in Louisville and my grandma is in Falls of Rough. So, I been to the Science Center once or twice before, and See the Louisville Slugger Big Bat that my mother was taking a picture of a year ago that we didn't seen it.