Quick Theory

thedude 02-16-2007 03:55 PM
Just something to think about.

What if the Rosewater's are the directors? Think about it. After The Event, Gordon builds the domes. This is the city (a world) build in his image. Since Alex is a tomato, can we be sure he's even Gordon's real son? Maybe Vera and Gordon bumped uglies somewhere down the line and produced Angel. This would make her next in the Rosewater bloodline giving her the role of director. This would explain "Angel Rosewater" as the author of Metropolis. Gordon says he didn't write the book, it came to him in a dream. Perhaps an ancestor of Gordon's originally wrote the book. If all of this is true, it would explain why Gordon hired Roger to negotiate, to ensure that the next reset would be for the better.

Food for though. enjoy.
Shadow 02-16-2007 07:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by thedude

What if the Rosewater's are the directors?

Your right about that...Gordon must have been the perviously Director and then passed it onto Angel not Alex as Alex Rosewater is a tomato right? That means Angel is Gordon's only child and Alex is a tomato.

Hasn't it been said that Angel is really just a living memory??
This would mean that her memories are really just the book and is nothing more than the book's pages. No?

About the Roger and Gordon thing maybe Gordon wanted a reset cause he never wanted some things to stay around...say I don't know Alex, Megadeus', the Union maybe even Violoence itself.

Maybe I'm just rambling but I believe in some of the stuff I have just said.....
Capt. Quekolis 02-18-2007 06:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow
quote:
Originally posted by thedude

What if the Rosewater's are the directors?

Your right about that...Gordon must have been the perviously Director and then passed it onto Angel not Alex as Alex Rosewater is a tomato right? That means Angel is Gordon's only child and Alex is a tomato.

Hasn't it been said that Angel is really just a living memory??
This would mean that her memories are really just the book and is nothing more than the book's pages. No?

About the Roger and Gordon thing maybe Gordon wanted a reset cause he never wanted some things to stay around...say I don't know Alex, Megadeus', the Union maybe even Violoence itself.

Maybe I'm just rambling but I believe in some of the stuff I have just said.....

Youre right most of this stuff makes sense and may even be a plausible explanation of it all.
thedude 02-19-2007 05:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill

Youre right most of this stuff makes sense and may even be a plausible explanation of it all.

well, i'll be damned, looks like we might have solved the Great Big-O Mystery. lol, wouldn't that be somethin?
SEELE 08 02-19-2007 07:23 PM
Here's my two cents....Gordon is the father, Alex is the Son, and Angel is the Holy Ghost. Yay.
Shadow dorothy 02-21-2007 03:24 PM
lol to SEELE08. As for dudes theroy it does make a little sense. But didnt Gordon say every one in the city was a tomato and "failures". wat if his son is a failure and so is Angel? And if Angels a livving memory how come she cant walk thru walls?
Shadow 02-21-2007 03:34 PM
Angel's not really a living memory in the sense she doesn't exist its more like..she has memories that are locked away..maybe unlocked due to the reset

Here's a thought...does Angel have the power to give everyone their memories back?
Does she hold everyone's memories or just those from the book?
Capt. Quekolis 02-21-2007 06:26 PM
We dont really know what Angel has the ability to do. She doesnt even know what she is, nobody really knows how to explain her "a memory herself"? That could mean so many different things. Could she have been a person that skipped forty years? It isnt really clear on that.