The tunes you prefer in Big O

Roger_Smith 02-14-2007 01:19 PM
I want to know what music(s) you prefer in The Big O. The first time I saw Big O I was only 11 years old and at the time I thought that the music was the weak point of the show because she was so unusual but I now I think that the music is beautiful.

For me there is many musics that I love, but the bests for me are:
-The orchestral version of "Apologize" that you can hear in Act 14 when Roger calls Big O in the flashback and the last part of Act 26 when Big Venus "erase the world", she is so beautiful
-The Original version of "Apologize" to be more precise the main theme of Roger with only the piano. She reflects for me the "Film Noir" atmosphere of the anime
-"Sure Promise" Big O Showtime !!!
-"Stoning" is the best choice to be the main theme of the anime, I just love orchestra and the characters searching for memories. This tune has made the intro of the Season 2 one of the best intro in the world of the anime.
Revan 02-14-2007 02:47 PM
quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Smith
-The orchestral version of "Apologize" that you can hear in Act 14 when Roger calls Big O in the flashback and the last part of Act 26 when Big Venus "erase the world", she is so beautiful

That is a really good variant of Roger's theme, with a powerful ending they use well in the show. It's called "Apologine- Bleecker St." (Sorry, I just like pointing out details! Wink )

- Of my own choice I love "Stoning" for it's aggressive classical style, if that makes any sense.
- "Name of God" (Played in Schwarzwald's intro in Act 4) is really creepy and sets the scene perfectly.
- "Chain" (guitar track in Act 14 when Roger is moping about) is different to the rest but has a good feel to it.
- "The Process" (Start of Act 13) is an excellent film noir intro for episodes.
- "Respect- Lower East Side" (Um Alex's theme? Used in Act 16/17)- also very strong and atmospheric.

Yep that's my not so quick picks. Of course there are lots of other good minor music tracks, and in general the soundtrack is definately one of Big O's strong points!
Spoderman 02-15-2007 12:22 PM
Definitely The Stoning, Stand a Chance, and Name of God.

The Stoning is quite a powerful piece, even though its so short, and really sets the mood for some of the heavier fight sequences. Stand a Chance is also great, and I believe someone else put it best when they said "Its the only song that can blend orchestral sounds with electronic music and not sound like total ass."

Name of God is just amazing though, vocals are great and it sounds really epic. The music is one of the most endearing aspects of Big O.

(Why do you refer to the songs as "she?")
Wazpy 02-15-2007 03:52 PM
Respect - Lower East Side

There are others I like, but naming them would just comprimise the power of Respect.
Shadow 02-15-2007 04:47 PM
"Stoning" is the one I like the most.
"Stand A Chance" next.
And finally "Name Of God" the vocal version.

"Stand A Chance" just amkes you think...
Big O v Megadeus/Object = Destruction
Roger_Smith 02-15-2007 04:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Spoderman
(Why do you refer to the songs as "she?")

English is not my maternal language, sorry if there is sometimes bad orthograph.
Delirious 02-15-2007 05:03 PM
Stoning
Stand A Chance
Name of God (wish I still had the one Tony did with vocals. That was beautiful!)
Servant - because it reminds me of the scene in Daemonseed.
Apologize & Brick Ballads - Just love 'em
Apostle
The Raindrop Prelude - yeah, I know it's not a show original, but I love it when Instro hears Dorothy playing. I just wanted to shake him and say remember who you are, Instro!
Sure Promise
Rundown - "R.Dorothy Wayneright!"
Procrastination - "Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks."
Respect (Lower East Side) - although I usually think of Roger when I hear it.
Token - I only remember it from Episode 18 The Greatest Villian. I love Beck and his gang playing Voltron.
Chain
Distance - nice Angel theme for me
Painful Dream
Perverse - which reminds me of Beck
And that song they play from Episode 2 I think. The one in the club where Dorothy sings for her father. I wish they had that song on one of the CD's.
paul1290 02-15-2007 07:38 PM
Sure Promise = Best giant robot battle theme ever!

Sure Promise is like the musical way of saying "I'm going to beat the crap out of you in the most awsome and spectacular way possible."
Nazrael 02-15-2007 08:55 PM
All the ones mentioned above, in addition to Flag.

I always get a chill in The Third Big at the part where the Union sings while Bonaparte destroys Paradigm Dome.
Revan 02-16-2007 05:57 AM
'Sin' is a very good tension building piece I even used on one of my crappy films on 'The Movies' game I got a while ago.

That aside, most of the Big O tracks are only short, which is a shame, so things like Stoning are over before they really begin. The season 2 music lasts a bit longer but are still not really super long.
Though the variety of tracks makes up for it and the music itself never becomes repetitive.
Capt. Quekolis 02-18-2007 06:48 PM
My favorite ones are Chain, Brick ballads, Respect, Token and The Raindrop Prelude by Chopin (The song Instro teaches Dorothy)

They are all good songs that bring their own elements into the Big O viewing experience, I dont think the show could be complete without each and every on of them.
Generalissimo D 02-18-2007 08:26 PM
The Great.
evanASF27 02-18-2007 09:00 PM
I love basically everything on the soundtracks, but there are some tracks I love over everything else.

-- Eternal Life (don't know when/if they used this, but it's nice)
-- Stoning
-- Divine (not used, but if it was the original Act26 ending theme it's awesome)
-- Apostle
-- Sure Promise - Union Sq.
-- The Holy (it was never used to its fullest)
Big Money 02-18-2007 09:40 PM
S P I R I T
evanASF27 02-18-2007 09:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
S P I R I T

Add Schwarzwald's laugh from Act12 and by Jove, we have ourselves THE WINNER!! Big Grin
Asirt 02-18-2007 09:53 PM
The songs in The Big O are great, but there's only one song I greatly prefer over the rest:

"Sure Promise". Pure and simple. Pleased
Delirious 02-19-2007 01:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
I love basically everything on the soundtracks, but there are some tracks I love over everything else.

-- Eternal Life (don't know when/if they used this, but it's nice)
-- Stoning
-- Divine (not used, but if it was the original Act26 ending theme it's awesome)
-- Apostle
-- Sure Promise - Union Sq.
-- The Holy (it was never used to its fullest)

As far as I know, Eternal Life was only used once and it was when Instro pulled his hands out of Constanze and damaged them in Act 6, A Legacy of Amadeus. It was when he said he would never play the piano again and Dorothy said he must because he hadn't finished teaching her yet.
Jim Starluck 02-19-2007 02:26 PM
Sure Promise all the way, baby.

I like almost all of both seasons' soundtracks, but that one in particular is my favorite.
Dangerous 02-19-2007 06:53 PM
"the holly", "stoning" and "sure promise"
Revan 03-21-2007 06:38 AM
At the moment I also quite like 'Flag' what with it's pseudo French anthemness.
It's quite powerful and a good patriotic tune for the Union.