Big O Manga Storyline

Larry99 02-08-2007 07:57 PM
I have not read any of the manga of Big O but I read what other people say about it. Just for some thought, what if the manga is the story before the "Event" 40 years ago.
Nine Kuze 02-08-2007 08:07 PM
It's not.

The Big O manga and anime kind of have the same aspect as that of the FMA manga and storyline. They are similar to a certain point but diverage greatly from each other at a certain point as well.

The Big O in the manga is just in the dark about the Event and what happened 40 years ago as The Big O in the anime was.
Peace.
DorothyFan1 02-08-2007 08:37 PM
There's a problem with that idea though...how do you, for example...account for the fact Angel is the Domineus for Big Fau in the manga...but Alex is the Domineus in the anime. Sorry...I'm not buying it. If they are separate "events" then it could be further evidence that Paradigm City recycles itself over and over. If they are connected...then someone is going to have to explain how Angel got to be Domineus for Fau in the comic book. We never see a hint of this stunning information in the anime. The only thing that I saw from the anime were the colors...blue and pink for Big Fau...which is exactly the colors of Angel on that Manga cover for Volume 6.
Hobodoken 02-08-2007 08:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
There's a problem with that idea though...how do you, for example...account for the fact Angel is the Domineus for Big Fau in the manga...but Alex is the Domineus in the anime.

Because they didn't want to tell the exact same story in two different mediums, they wanted to tell one story, two ways. The story of Roger kicking ass and taking names, with some psuedo-intellectualism thrown in for flavor.
evanASF27 02-08-2007 09:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DorothyFan1
There's a problem with that idea though...how do you, for example...account for the fact Angel is the Domineus for Big Fau in the manga...but Alex is the Domineus in the anime. Sorry...I'm not buying it. If they are separate "events" then it could be further evidence that Paradigm City recycles itself over and over. If they are connected...then someone is going to have to explain how Angel got to be Domineus for Fau in the comic book. We never see a hint of this stunning information in the anime. The only thing that I saw from the anime were the colors...blue and pink for Big Fau...which is exactly the colors of Angel on that Manga cover for Volume 6.

There is no "problem". That's just the differences.

For example in the manga Roger has his faults with Big O (like piloting it drunk). Every megadeus pilot in the anime had a fault/sin: Alan was a murderer, Alex had a god-complex... Roger had nothing. In the manga, Roger's enemy was alcohol (at least for one story, he was a complete alcoholic, but that was the only "sin" he seemed to have aside from attempts at being a lady's man Tongue ).

Alex was the dominus in the Anime, Angel in the manga. It's not right or wrong, just difference in how the story progressed (and as for what we THINK is "right or wrong", that's just personal preference). If you asked my opinion, I'd say that I prefer Alex as the pilot of Big Fau in the Anime, but I prefer Angel being considered pilot of Fau than Venus any day of the week.

So I'll touch upon your misconceptions again...just to clarify...
quote:
If they are connected...

They aren't connected.
quote:
then someone is going to have to explain how Angel got to be Dominus for Fau in the comic book.

Angel was the token "Russian Spy" character... she got it from whomever she was working for. (In the Manga btw... there is no Big Venus. Essentially, Big Fau is the fourth Big in the manga. There's a third Big that's called "The Blue Megadeus" which has machine cannons on the tops of its fore-arms.)
quote:
We never see a hint of this stunning information in the anime. The only thing that I saw from the anime were the colors...blue and pink for Big Fau...which is exactly the colors of Angel on that Manga cover for Volume 6.

1) Of course we didn't... they're unrelated.
2) It's White and Red. That's Fau's colors.
3) The cover....is....not....consistant...with...the ...Anime ...because ...it's ...the... manga!