Ye Olde SuperBowl Commercial Thread

evanASF27 02-04-2007 05:42 PM
Okay......It's da Superbowl.

COLTS vs. (da) BEARS

What's your favorite commericial(s)?

...so far I'm liking the Siera Mist commercials.

*Update*
Here's all the commericials --> DA COMMERCIALS!!
Nine Kuze 02-04-2007 06:01 PM
The Chevy commercial I just saw wasn't too bad, with Mary J. Blige, TI, Keith Urban and a bunch of others.

Carlos Mencia's commercial... Bad form, Bud Light. Bad form.
Peace.
evanASF27 02-04-2007 06:25 PM
Garmin commercial, FTW!

It's so camp, it's actually cool.
Volt 02-04-2007 07:27 PM
The Garmin commercial was good. Sierra Mist too, with the beard combover. But the best so far was probably the Bud commercial with everybody slapping each other.
Nine Kuze 02-04-2007 07:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
But the best so far was probably the Bud commercial with everybody slapping each other.

Yes. And the part with the one cook repeatedly slapping the other cook was funny.
Peace.
evanASF27 02-04-2007 10:10 PM
I must say the Bear combover was amazing. And I do believe Siera Mist has won the Superbowl commercial contest.... ignoring the fact that a majority of the commercials were horribly inadequate.

On an unrelated sidenote, apparently some guy at Wikipedia has something against Manning:
quote:
Quarterback Peyton Manning, who is a flaming homosexual, was named the game's most valuable player.
Mike 02-04-2007 11:37 PM
They were really gay. And I don't mean that in an insulting way. They were, literally, gay. Like that Chevy one that had shirtless men fondling the car.

All in all, this year's commercials sucked more than the bears in the last 3 quarters.
Buck Buck #1 02-04-2007 11:49 PM
I don't think I've actually watched any Super Bowl commercials in the past ten years. Tonight it was because I was at work.
Pygmalion 02-05-2007 07:06 PM
I was watching the Puppy Bowl, when my son would let me at the TV. Happily, I can see them here on YouTube.

Pygmalion
Nine Kuze 02-05-2007 07:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
On an unrelated sidenote, apparently some guy at Wikipedia has something against Manning:
quote:
Quarterback Peyton Manning, who is a flaming homosexual, was named the game's most valuable player.

Perfect reason why Wikipedia is a nuisance.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
All in all, this year's commercials sucked more than the bears in the last 3 quarters.

Well, I don't want to say that they that bad but yeah around that example. Maybe its just because I never saw the obsession with the Super Bowl commercials in the first place or that I just can't stand commercials in general nowadays.

quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
I was watching the Puppy Bowl, when my son would let me at the TV.

What's the "Puppy Bowl"?
Peace.
Mike 02-05-2007 07:42 PM
There were some really good ones.

The ones where the crabs were worshipping the cooler, the "rock paper scissors" one, the GM one with the sad robot, those were good. But a lot were retarted. What the hell does Go Daddy do besides make moronic Super Bowl commercials?
Volt 02-05-2007 08:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
There were some really good ones.

The ones where the crabs were worshipping the cooler, the "rock paper scissors" one, the GM one with the sad robot, those were good. But a lot were retarted. What the hell does Go Daddy do besides make moronic Super Bowl commercials?

Well I don't remember the Go Daddy ones too well, but considering the piles of sh** from last year, I'll go ahead and agree with that sentiment. The ones that pissed me off the most though were the "thoughtful" ones. Like the Coke black history one.
To the guy who decided on that commercial. You paid 2 million dollars to remind me Rosa Parks existed. You are a dumbass.
Capt. Quekolis 02-06-2007 06:43 PM
Who saw the one with the two dudes and the snickers bar?
Wingnut 02-07-2007 07:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
Who saw the one with the two dudes and the snickers bar?

Some people objected to it.
Pygmalion 02-07-2007 08:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
I was watching the Puppy Bowl, when my son would let me at the TV.

What's the "Puppy Bowl"?
Peace.

Animal Planet airs the Puppy Bowl while the Superbowl is on. It is a bunch of puppies playing with toys and each other in an area marked like a football field.

The halftime show featured kittens playing on the field.

Pygmalion