Mar

Heavy Metal Instro 02-03-2007 10:02 PM
I just got done watching MAR on Toonami. I noticed that the main character sounded familiar to another anime I had seen. I looked up the guy who made Ginta's voice and it was Spike Spencer. He does Shinji's voice from Neon Genesis Evangelion, that is soo cool.
Scourge 02-04-2007 12:10 AM
His voice burns my ears.
Heavy Metal Instro 02-04-2007 03:20 PM
Ouch!
Nine Kuze 02-04-2007 06:48 PM
Okay, to give this thread some shred of credibility (if I'm not too late on that front), what is Mar about and is it any good?

And Spencer's scream is what makes me wish I was D&D sometimes (deaf and dumb), I can tolerate his voice to a degree. Even though it still sucks. Lol, Evangelion dub.
Peace.
Scourge 02-04-2007 10:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVIAnd Spencer's scream is what makes me wish I was D&D sometimes (deaf and dumb), I can tolerate his voice to a degree. Even though it still sucks. Lol, Evangelion dub.
Peace.

His voice is just another reason to hate such a horrid show.

(Dub or not, it blows.)
Heavy Metal Instro 02-05-2007 03:28 PM
Hate which show, Evangelion or MAR?

And I really don't know what the show is really about. I think a kid from a real world gets sucked into a made up world and he gets powers and helps defeat an evil army. I just started watching so I'm not sure yet, I just wanted to point out that Ginta, the main character of MAR, and Shinji are two in the same.

Spike is cool!
Scourge 02-05-2007 04:13 PM
Evangelion sucked, sucked hard.

All I really know about MAR is that it is by the same people that made Flame of Recca and the character Nanashi (no name) is supposedly the character Joker from Flame of Recca.

Beyond that I don't know much.
Heavy Metal Instro 02-05-2007 04:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Evangelion sucked, sucked hard.

Opinions, opinions.
Nine Kuze 02-05-2007 07:00 PM
...You mean you just started this thread so you could relate one show to that of your fixation with another show (in this case, Neon Genesis Evangelion) with no means to even talk about the show that is supposed to be in discussion here and not even knowing about it?

Yeah, don't do that again.

And stop with the petty back and forth Evangelion squabble. Some think its a terrible depressing psychological farce while others think its the greatest anime of all-time. People have opinions, so stop insulting each other about the others personal preference. Besides, there's PM for that.
Peace.
Heavy Metal Instro 02-05-2007 07:34 PM
My bad, new member.
Spoderman 02-06-2007 01:50 AM
Evangelion will always be my favorite, and I'm a huge fan of the dub Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Capt. Quekolis 02-06-2007 06:32 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Nine XXVI
...You mean you just started this thread so you could relate one show to that of your fixation with another show (in this case, Neon Genesis Evangelion) with no means to even talk about the show that is supposed to be in discussion here and not even knowing about it?

Actually that was his intentions he just got sidetracked by the conversations and comments of others. Cut him some slack dude.
Nine Kuze 02-06-2007 06:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI

Actually that was his intentions he just got sidetracked by the conversations and comments of others. Cut him some slack dude.

Fixed that quote for you, and that's still kind of pointless. If he wanted to comment on Spencer's VA for a certain character on Mar and how it relates to NGE (because that really seems to be the underlying point of this whole thing and the posts after his inital post proves that otherwise), he could have just bumped up the general Evangelion thread we got and talked about it there.

I'm not trying to attack anybody here, I just think this could have been pulled off better is all.
Peace.
Heavy Metal Instro 02-06-2007 07:19 PM
People, People, let's not fight. Twas only a comment. But has anyone
ever noticed how Rei from Evangelion looks and acts like Dorothy?
Nine Kuze 02-06-2007 07:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Heavy Metal Instro
But has anyone ever noticed how Rei from Evangelion looks and acts like Dorothy?

Not at all. But come to think of it, I'd say Dorothy was more human than Rei was anyway.
Peace.
Heavy Metal Instro 02-06-2007 07:49 PM
Trudat
Capt. Quekolis 02-06-2007 07:54 PM
Youre right she kinda does. But I would have to agree with Nine, Dorothy is more human than Rei, also Dorothy is way hotter.
Nine Kuze 02-07-2007 04:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
But I would have to agree with Nine, Dorothy is more human than Rei, also Dorothy is way hotter.

Quotin' this to set the record straight that this did not come from me. >_>
Peace.
Sara Comatori 02-13-2007 05:15 PM
Good show, I'll always love Babbo. Ginta is too screechy though...

The ARM are cool.
Heavy Metal Instro 02-14-2007 09:13 PM
I missed last weeks, I had to watch The Punisher.

But I'm recommending this show for anyone.