Anime on Tech Tv

Heavy Metal Instro 01-31-2007 04:16 PM
I just wanted to know about the anime on Tech Tv. Adult swim doesn't have a good selection anymore.
What shows do they show?
And are they any good?
And of course,
do they play Neon Genesis Evangelion?
Scourge 01-31-2007 06:14 PM
Tech TV doesn't even exist anymore, it is just G4 now and they don't really show anime.
Nine Kuze 01-31-2007 06:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
Tech TV doesn't even exist anymore, it is just G4 now and they don't really show anime.

Oh, is that what he was talking about? Yeah, they don't do the anime bit anymore from what I know. I remember they used to show the RahXephon anime but I only caught a minute of that. So yeah.

And from the reports I read (by reports I mean, rants from fanboys), RahXephon > Evangelion. That's all I'm saying.
Peace.
Schoolie 01-31-2007 07:09 PM
In addition to RahXephon, I think G4/Tech TV aired the following:

Last Exile
R.O.D. TV
Gungrave

All are high quality shows in terms of production and such. I don't know if G4 still shows any anime. For a while, they were taking away the good shows from Cartoon Network, or at least CN didn't want to pay for them.
Heavy Metal Instro 01-31-2007 11:00 PM
Ahh thats a bummer, I guess I'll just have to buy the Tv series of anime I like.
And Cartoon Networks a bummer too they just want to show stupid shows instead of ones with meaning.
The Big Finale 01-31-2007 11:13 PM
They aired a ton of other stuff too. I really liked Betterman and Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure.
Mr. Fortnight 02-01-2007 03:32 AM
G4tv pretty much stopped because all the licences were edited for TechTV's commercial break pattern, not G4's. G4 didn't want to have to pay the various companies to re-edit them, so they've for the most part, killed Anime on their network.

Even though they still have a forum section dedicated to it, they'll probably never show Anime again.
Scourge 02-01-2007 07:41 AM
I think G4 still shows some anime (kiddie anime) as part of the early morning block of programs. Though the best show they show is Transformers: Beast Wars and it isn't anime.
Sharpshooter005 02-01-2007 02:12 PM
Speaking of G4, I find them to be the most consistently funny network on cable...not their programming, I mean how they operate. Last I heard their ratings were circling the drain, they were trying to rebrand themselves as something even further from what techtv was, and their advertising had them referring to themselves as "the #1 podcasted network" (and no, I'm pretty sure nobody really knows just what the hell thats supposed to mean).

Also I'm pretty sure Adam Sessler once had an on-air seizure when trying to "debate" jack thompson, or at least he began stuttering alot and yelling about healthcare policy. It was pretty damn funny.
Green_Bird 02-01-2007 07:59 PM
Uh....they're only airing anime on Tech TV Canada not G4....