What's better?

Heavy Metal Instro 01-28-2007 08:37 PM
I'm planning on getting a new system. And I wanted to see what people thought were better. The Xbox 360 or the PS3 or the Wii. I'm planning on the Xbox 360 personaly. The Gears of War game is sweet.
Mike 01-28-2007 08:49 PM
I have a Wii, and it's awesome. 2 of my friends have an X360 or a PS3. I'm honestly underwhelmed by 360, it looks pretty but doesn't really do anything new...then again all I've really played on it has been Halo 2 (I hate Halo but it's all my friend wants to play) and a little bit of Gears of War.

PS3, right now, is crap. It's really expensive because of the blu-ray, and its lineup is pretty weak now. Give it a while before getting one, let the prices drop and the library grow.

Also, backwards compatability on either PS3 or 360 is iffy. Not all games are supported right now, so if you're into that watch out.

Wii is cool, some games suck, some games are really amazing. The graphics aren't as up there as 360 or PS3, but it certainly has potential to approach it, first-party Nintendo titles show that, so the next round of games should have really good graphics.
Sharpshooter005 01-29-2007 12:15 AM
Whichever gets Silent Hill 5 (which I guess would end up being the ps3, at first anyway)
Schwarzwald 01-29-2007 12:30 AM
For traditional gaming get an Xbox 360. Some really great stuff on it and isn't insanely expensive.

The Wii is definately good, but very unique. There are things that'll turn you on or off. I have one and like it a lot, but it still won't completely replace the want for Gears of War. It's unconventional. It is definitely worth the money though and I really hope they pull out some great stuff with it. From what I've seen of it, it's Nintendo's Dreamcast.

I don't know. I think the Xbox 360 is really the safest way to go. If you've liked the Xbox, you will like the Xbox 260 undoubtedly. The Wii is a little bit of a risk, and might leave you disappointed in quite a few areas.

I don't recommend the PS3 at all. Too much money too early. Wait till you see some greater games out for it.
Revan 01-29-2007 11:50 AM
I believe the Wii is good for a new approach. It is different but accessible- more of a party/social console and the cheapest of the lot at the moment. However, there are only a few killer apps available currently but if you buy Twilight Princess then that will probably keep you occupied until other good games come out. (I don't actually own one- yet.)

As for the Xbox 360, my friend has one and it is good for uber HD graphics and 'traditional' gameplay with more titles available and plenty other features like Xbox Live and...uh yeah thats all I know of at the moment.

PS3? Bah, expensive and probably won't feature anything new that the Wii/360 can't do already. The Wii fills the market for alternative fun and the 360 has grabbed the void for regular gaming first. It will have to seriously impress to regain its lost ground.

Anyhoo that's my opinionated thoughs... Cool
Seihou 01-29-2007 09:31 PM
Wii or the X360. It just depends on taste.

If you're willing to sacrifice some graphical power for cost-effectiveness, excellent backwards-compatability, innovation, and ridiculously fun party games (plus Toejam and Earl on the Virtual Console and Twilight Princess), then, by all means, head for your nearest Wii dealer.

However, if you like to stick to the tried-and-true method of traditional gaming with better graphics, high quality action games (such as Dead Rising), excellent online capability, and PC capabilities, shell out the extra buck and grab your X360 today. Stay the hell away from the PS3 if you don't want to go bankrupt.

Then again... you could buy both.