Big Venus, Lucifer: something new to ponder

Nohansen 01-28-2007 10:25 AM
We all know the quote, don't we?

"A bird whose wings have been plucked will shed all its feathers, and turn into the beast it was before it evolved into a bird."

And every interpretation that came after it... "Angel" is Lucifer, "Angel" is God, "Angel" is Jesus, etc, etc, etc. Now, check this out. This quote comes from the Book of Daniel, Chapter 7, Verse 4.

"The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it."

Doesn't it sound familiar?
Ionexchange 01-28-2007 12:53 PM
In reference to a Lion: Jeremiah 4:7
A lion has gone up from his thicket,
And a destroyer of nations has set out;
He has gone out from his place
To make your land a waste.
Your cities will be ruins
Without inhabitant.
evanASF27 01-28-2007 03:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nohansen
We all know the quote, don't we?

"A bird whose wings have been plucked will shed all its feathers, and turn into the beast it was before it evolved into a bird."

And every interpretation that came after it... "Angel" is Lucifer, "Angel" is God, "Angel" is Jesus, etc, etc, etc. Now, check this out. This quote comes from the Book of Daniel, Chapter 7, Verse 4.

"The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it."

Doesn't it sound familiar?

And this can be extrapolated to mean that Angel is.... ? Confused Daniel?

Sorry...I haven't been to Sunday School in about 9 years.
SEELE 08 01-28-2007 04:34 PM
I always thought Angel was a person who pulled a Yui Ikari and placed her soul in Big Venus....and eventually reincarnated....and has scars from her fusion with the Megadeus in a process much like Alex's with Big Fau.
Nohansen 01-29-2007 09:29 AM
quote:
And this can be extrapolated to mean that Angel is.... ? Daniel?

What I meant to say is that it kinda sounds like what was done to Big Venus/Angel. "I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked" (Pre-Event Big Venus had wings, now it doesn't) "and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it" (After the Event, it was given human form and turn into Angel)

quote:
I always thought Angel was a person who pulled a Yui Ikari and placed her soul in Big Venus

And I have a theory Angel is part of Gordon's experiments. In Act:25, he says "I said that if it's true about this world, if it's one enormous stage, then we're just merely actors playing out our roles on it. We don't need to have any memories". Which makes me think he decided to erase people's memories, because they didn't need them (according to him). And where did he put them? Inside Angel.

Act:26... Angel: "I don't know what happened 40 years ago, and I don't really care." Gordon: "Yes, I understand, and because of that, nothing will have existed forty years ago." Angel is the embodiment of "Memory" and if she doesn't remember anything beyond 40 years ago, no else will. Angel: "I just...want to go back." Gordon: "With the memories of what time? At what point in time?" She knows all: past, present and future... she just doesn't know it.

That's my take, anyway.
thedude 02-16-2007 03:41 PM
And I have a theory Angel is part of Gordon's experiments. In Act:25, he says "I said that if it's true about this world, if it's one enormous stage, then we're just merely actors playing out our roles on it. We don't need to have any memories". Which makes me think he decided to erase people's memories, because they didn't need them (according to him). And where did he put them? Inside Angel.

Act:26... Angel: "I don't know what happened 40 years ago, and I don't really care." Gordon: "Yes, I understand, and because of that, nothing will have existed forty years ago." Angel is the embodiment of "Memory" and if she doesn't remember anything beyond 40 years ago, no else will. Angel: "I just...want to go back." Gordon: "With the memories of what time? At what point in time?" She knows all: past, present and future... she just doesn't know it.

That's my take, anyway.

Makes sense to me. When Gordon notices the scars on her back, he says the she is a memory herself. A memory that is desperately trying to be remembered. Desperately trying to be remembered by the people, perhaps.
Roger_Smith 03-01-2007 04:17 PM
This make sense. There are giant spotlights upon Paradigm City and giant mechanics beneath the city and apparently Angel is the director of this "movie". Also there is a scene where Angel and Gordon take the elevator to find themselves on the other side of the city. If you watch closely the white figures you can see the domes of paradigm city. I wonder what is the signification of this scene.
Capt. Quekolis 03-04-2007 09:05 PM
Theres alot of scenes which seem pointless and the significance of which is unknown
trogita 04-22-2007 12:51 PM
quote:

Act:26... Angel: "I don't know what happened 40 years ago, and I don't really care." Gordon: "Yes, I understand, and because of that, nothing will have existed forty years ago."

That could just mean that memories are what we make them, whatever our perception is. If you don't care about what happened, then that's all it is, meaningless.

But definitely a good theory.
Inigo Montoya 04-23-2007 01:59 PM
All interesting thoughts. As interesting as the theories put forth in my old thread using a quote by George Santayano. I am intrigued.
War.