[Other] The First Ever PPGZ Panoramic Images Contest! [Ended]

Asirt 01-23-2007 12:37 AM
You're thinking to yourself, "Asirt's narrating stinks! I can do a lot better than he can!". However, up until this point I haven't given people the chance to narrate an episode of PPGZ. You think you're a better storyteller than me? PROVE IT!

I came up with this crazy idea of a contest.

Your Mission (should you choose to accept it): Narrate a series, cartoon, anime, movie, whatever you want (except for PPGZ)! Make me laugh, cry, or whatever feeling you want me to feel. Post your best storytelling in this thread. You may only post one story, so make it your best one!

Materials: You must use images to accompany your storytelling. However, you are not limited to only panoramic images. If you feel you can tell a great story with simple screenshots, go for it. Perhaps you're a great drawer as well and want to show off your drawing skills while narrating; the limit is your own imagination.

The Prize: After the deadline have passed, I will announce the winners of the best storyteller on that week's episode of PPGZ Panoramic Images: The Second Raid!. The Ultimate Storyteller will narrate a special episode in the following week with pan images provided by me.

The Winner:
The Ultimate Storyteller: Green_Bird

The Runner-up:
The Awesome Storyteller: Nine XXVI

Final Words: Now then, may the best storyteller win! Big Grin
Nine Kuze 01-23-2007 12:51 AM
Hot damn, Asirt. This sounds very, very interesting. I suppose I'm in, I just need to know what film I'm going narrate is all.

EDIT: To be fair, I understood the rules and I said film anyway, but yeah.
Peace.
Green_Bird 01-23-2007 04:38 AM
I'm in....this should prove interesting. Though I'm with Nine....what Episode is it or can it be any PPGZ episode?
Asirt 01-23-2007 09:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
I'm in....this should prove interesting. Though I'm with Nine....what Episode is it or can it be any PPGZ episode?

quote:
Narrate a series, cartoon, anime, movie, whatever you want!

You want to narrate an episode of Saiyuki, Naruto, or anything else, now's your chance. It doesn't matter as long as you impress me with your storytelling. You can narrate anything but PPGZ. The big prize is to narrate a future episode of PPGZ.

--------------------------------------

quote:
Ah okay...I guess it pays not to be sleepy when you read the rules Embarrassed Sweatdrop ....

lolz. Tongue

quote:
EDIT: To be fair, I understood the rules and I said film anyway, but yeah.

lolz. Tongue
Green_Bird 01-23-2007 06:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Asirt
You want to narrate an episode of Saiyuki, Naruto, or anything else, now's your chance. It doesn't matter as long as you impress me with your storytelling. You can narrate anything but PPGZ. The big prize is to narrate a future episode of PPGZ.

Ah okay...I guess it pays not to be sleepy when you read the rules Embarrassed Sweatdrop ....
Asirt 01-27-2007 10:20 AM
Remember, you guys must get your stories in by February 3rd. That's one week from now. If you want to win the prize of narrating an episode of PPGZ, get those stories turned in, and for those who haven't started or forgot, get working.

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Big Grin
Nine Kuze 01-28-2007 03:30 AM
quote:
If you want to narrate an episode of PPGZ, get those stories turned in, and for those who haven't started or forgot, get working.

What? ...Is there a different deadline for PPGZ specifically or am I just reading that in the wrong form?

quote:
Remember, you guys must get your stories in by February 3rd. That's one week from now

Oh. Hot damn, yeah thanks for the notice on the deadline.

quote:
I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Big Grin

TAXI DRIVER. For now, that's all I'm sayin'.
Peace.
Asirt 01-28-2007 08:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
If you want to narrate an episode of PPGZ, get those stories turned in, and for those who haven't started or forgot, get working.

What? ...Is there a different deadline for PPGZ specifically or am I just reading that in the wrong form?

I fixed it up a little so that it's easier to understand. Tongue
Green_Bird 01-30-2007 07:46 PM
I really hate doing this...but I may have to drop out...that is unless you can change the date or something. Because I've been volunteering at a store....and that's taking up half my days so I have no time to get it in by the deadline...sorry about this...
Asirt 01-30-2007 07:51 PM
[Check the next post, Green_Bird]
Nine Kuze 01-30-2007 07:56 PM
No, G_B! ;_;

But actually, extending the deadline wouldn't be a bad idea. My busy with schoolwork at the moment but I'm pretty sure I can get my stuff in by the original deadline that its at right now.
Peace.
Asirt 01-30-2007 08:00 PM
quote:
Deadline: You have until February 10th to post your story.

Is that long enough for you guys? I know people have been busy lately with personal life, and since Nine and Green_Bird are the only people I know who are actually in the contest, I'll extend it for one more week.
Nine Kuze 01-30-2007 08:13 PM
Cool, cool. The tenth of February is good (I got two exams on the 7th anyway and I'll be able to work on this after I'm done with those) and yeah I hope sooner rather than later we can get more people involved in this.
Peace.
Asirt 02-03-2007 11:22 AM
Remember, people, you have until February 10th to post that story in. That's one week from now. If you want to win the prize of narrating a future episode of PPGZ, you will present your story here.
Asirt 02-07-2007 08:59 PM
The clock is ticking, people! You have until February 10th to post that story in. I will post one more reminder the day before, so if you're done with your story, be sure to get it in this thread sooner rather than later!

-----------------

OH SNAP! You have until tomorrow to turn in your story, so post it NOW!
Asirt 02-10-2007 09:42 PM
So... is anyone going to do this or what? Do you guys need more time?

Forget it. I'm coming up with a better idea. I think the freedom to choose whatever show you want was a bit much. Stay tuned...
Nine Kuze 02-23-2007 05:23 PM
I know Asirt's been sweating me about this, but here's my entry for this contest. The episode is Night Cruise, from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG and its about how a lonely private pilot is considered a suspect in a terrorism act and Section 9 tails him to see if he is involved. Meanwhile, the pilot dreams of achieving grand social status by killing the CEO of television network that he flies around and meeting a call-girl that he's become entracted by.

So here's my narration of Night Cruise, which is director Kenji Kamiyama's homage to Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver (just case you were wondering about all the references you'll read later on).

- "So, how bout 'em Mavericks?"
- "I don't know about that, but no one is surely going to come around and start blasting chrome out the wazoo and kill everybody in a hellfire of vengeance... SURELY!"

"I'll show Bickle how's its done"...

No, you haven't. Errbody in the brothel gettin' tispy and...

..."whatever you do, don't call me Robert DeNiro".

"What's this about you looking like Robert De... WTF? Wait a f***in' minute!!"

WHAT ain't any country he's ever heard of apparently... wait, wrong movie to rip-off and parody off of.

"DO U FEEL LUCKY? WELL? DO U SUCKA? DO U FEEL LUCKY?"

"HEY! STOP DAYDREAMIN' AND DRIVE TEH DAMN TAXI!"

..."sorry that you are a son of a bitch and I'm not from Taxi Driver. You'll get yours"...

"All my life, I've always wanted to be a gangster hated how the media worked. They kept the truth at bay from the masses... and they've always said I looked like Robert DeNiro from Taxi Driver".

"I ask you, DO I FREAKIN' LOOK LIKE TRAVIS BICKLE?! WELL, DO I?! Exactly, its good to see that you're on my side. >_> To put it simply"...

"What? I like my privacy is all"...

"So yeah, I'm gonna kill this mothaf***a basically".

"And that's the date I'm going to do it on. I'm resettin' the world that day... and my Christmas shopping as well".

Nine:Man, this narration thing ain't no joke. I don't know how Asirt does it. I'm tired already...

"U talkin' to me?"

Nine: Wait? Nah man, I'm just saying that...

"R u talkin' to me?"

Nine: Calm the hell down and put the piece away. I'm not talking to you, I'm just narrating this piece.

"You must be talking to me. I'm the only one here..."

Nine: Never mind, I'm just gonna go back to the narration. Fake-ass DeNiro...

After "warming-up", Gino goes and is horny for the truth.

Here? In this whorehouse? No wonder I never found the truth myself. I've been looking in the wrong places.

And from the corner of his eye...

...As are her pimp's rates as well.

...she alright man. She ain't no Cybil Sheppard or Jodie Foster but: THEY. CAN'T. TOUCH. HER.

...In a dark, shady underground club, a young mistress is being abused against her will. A man looking to be her hero and savior come to her aid only to be eventually overwhelmed in the process.

"Look at ya! You can't even lift that cannon of yours!"

"Sure I can. Surprise, sucka!"

After the mayhem, the young woman looks over her fallen hero.

"Are you crying for me? That's so thoughtful of you. And I want you to know that..."

..."er, nothing. Nothing at all."

"Here's me, shooting off a couple of rounds. I have to be tight, I have to be precise. The moment of destiny is almost near. But I might get killed before hand."

"I need to tell someone the truth of the media and the chokehold in has on the society. I need to... to... I need to tell..."

...Well, obviously, you aren't telling them. Or his wifey.

"I need to tell HER. You know who I mean. Hopefully I'll have enough money to buy her for a few hours and *gasp*"

"I have moniez and..."

God damn, how much is this trick worth? Who does she think she is? Faye Valentine?!

As he walks away defeat, the sugah daddy tells him...

Oh snap, run dude! Run! Damn, now for Plan B...

Well, that was fast. Talk about being a "one-minute man" Lol.

That's what I'm saying, get your money's worth. :o

Oh snapz, it's Big Daddy Kane! Let's beat it!

I said let's beat it, not getting beaten like you owe a pimp money and...

...oh. You in trouble, bruh.

It looks like curtains for ol' boy as he pleads for mercy and... wait a damn minute. What family are you going on about? Did I miss some pans or something? Oh wait, you're lying. I c wat u did thar.

After escaping with his life, Gino looks to relax by first cancelling his account for the Refugee Revival Fund and then by gettin' something to eat. But, he sees some seafood he doesn't like...

Are you gettin' sick yet?

Because he is.

...nah, I think it was the tina casserole.

Er, I haven't finished the rest of the episode of "Night Cruise" and I need to get the rest of the pans to finish it off. I'll probably finish the rest later this night, but I just wanted to finally get my entry, very, very late entry, posted as soon as possible. Also, the message was too long so I'll have to break it up into two later on as well.
Peace.
Green_Bird 02-23-2007 09:32 PM
Since Nine posted I should too...

This parody is 100% Kougaiji free. Why you may ask? Probably because this is a filler episode, so shut up and enjoy it!

A familiar sight...the jeep driving in front of a mesa in the middle of nowhere...

I'm...so...stuffed up...right now...*Cough*...can someone please turn off the sun...I'm trying to sleep here....

"....what do you people have? Super human immune systems? Why couldn't you be the ones to catch this damn cold!"

"Well I never really had a cold...so I wouldn't know. But wasn't Hakkai the one who had it a few weeks back before the start of the first episode?"

"For the plot's sake...lets say that I did..."

"Tch...no wonder you never had a cold, monkey. You are an idiot and idiots can't get sick..."

"What!?"

And the fight commences...

"My...I was beginning to think your usual opening fight wasn't going to happen..."

"Just shut up...my head's killing me!"

Remember kids! Do not loosen your seatbelt while in a moving dragon/jeep no matter what. Not even to shoot two idiots in the backseat. ...or this will happen...

Now we switch gears to a steriotypical demon dream....

"Hah he her hoo hah heh...."

"Why are you people after me!? I'm not Frankenstein! I'm just a gullible filler demon...please don't hurt me!"

"Huh? You look just like me...and I was an only child...WHO ARE YOU?"

"I am you...."

"AND I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

"It was all...all just a dream? Damn you reoccurring nightmares...."

Green_Bird: Er...did I not just say it was a dream?

"Oh right...sorry..."

"Wait...didn't I have a parrot? Where did that woodpecker come from? Is this some sort of hidden camera show?"

"Ah that's good...the only thing they replaced was my bird...most of my art supplies and paintings are still he--..."

"Is that man over there peeing on my lawn?"

"I hope I don't look suspicious walking out of the hobby shop dressed like this....

*Flashback!*

Being the last living demon in this town...you tend to remember things. Infact one year ago...people here lived normally...side by side with demons. I was a well know artist...everyone knew me....

....and stopped to say hello in the middle of me eating an apple. Sometimes as I walked passed...I blew them off but I didn't mean to do that...but that apple was so tasty...I could see only it...

But there was someone who loved my paintings more then anything...it was her...Linran. You could way we were...childhood friends....I even gave her a painting of us as kids to hang in her office...."

Green_Bird: Okay the flashbacks getting a little too long...cut to the chase!

"Fine...but one day the demons started to attack helpless people...."

"No...No not that...I think I may have crapped my pants!"

"so I became a shut in in a small cottage in the forest....after many days of being depressed and scared ****less...HE walked through the door!"

Bum bum bummmmmmmm

"I should seriously lock my doors..."

"I'm here to help you...I'll also give you a free check up...I am a doctor after all...."

"Drink these and DON'T call me in the morning. Ta-ta!"

"Oh...I almost...forgot...take this...it was free with the check up."

"Why must paint cost so much...I could have given you this painting for your birthday like you wanted but....evil bunny man took up most of my time..."

*Cut for space, insert more Linran memories here and back to the main plot*

"Iffin I give this bag to you....you won't come and rob me later 'ight?"

Hit and run'd!

"I have a feeling that that was another unaffected filler demon..."

"Don't care...lets go..."

"Oh crap oh god they know...*Hyperventilate*"

*Hyperventilate*
"Is that you, Ranpa?"

Plot induced meeting!

"If you ever run out of supplies, I'll get them for you..."

"Will there ever be a day where tha--...."

And Here is Ranpa finally feeling the effects of the minus wave like filler demons do after they wonder if there will ever be a day that humans and demons can live together...moving on...

"Is it just me or do all the bars start to look the same after awhile"

One filler demon finding out that the people who found out about him were the sanzo-party and a fight over food and one filler demon blowing his cover later....

*Thud*

Tell us something we don't know...

"Don't scare us like that again! And these seats are hard on my butt!"

*END!* Not really...I just got bored and it was getting drawn out...My attention span gave out...
Asirt 02-23-2007 09:45 PM
quote:
Man, this narrating thing ain't no joke. I don't know how Asirt does it. I'm tired already...

quote:
I just got bored and it was getting drawn out...My attention span gave out...

You guys thought narrating was all fun and games, didn't you? It's a lot of hard work coming up with a good story and making pans every week for PPGZ. Not everyone has the gift of narrating, you know. Tongue

Anyway, thank you both for your entries. I know Nine still has to finish his, but I'm willing to make a deal. Since you two were the only people who entered, I'll let you both narrate an episode of PPGZ.

The 2nd place winner will narrate next week's episode, and the 1st place winner will narrate the following week's, since it's a long episode. What do you guys think?
Nine Kuze 02-24-2007 12:29 PM
quote:
quote:
Man, this narrating thing ain't no joke. I don't know how Asirt does it. I'm tired already...

quote:
I just got bored and it was getting drawn out...My attention span gave out...

You guys thought narrating was all fun and games, didn't you? It's a lot of hard work coming up with a good story and making pans every week for PPGZ. Not everyone has the gift of narrating, you know. Tongue

...I underestimated this. Somethin' so time-consuming and you do it just like that. Damn...

quote:
Anyway, thank you both for your entries. I know Nine still has to finish his, but I'm willing to make a deal. Since you two were the only people who entered, I'll let you both narrate an episode of PPGZ.

The 2nd place winner will narrate next week's episode, and the 1st place winner will narrate the following week's, since it's a long episode. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I still have to finish mine (later today though, since I got to get ready and pick up my brother at the airport soon) today/tonight but I like that idea Asirt with both of us narrating an episode each.

And since ol' girl G_B has the shorter attention span, I think I should do the longer episode... (I'm kiddin' girl, much love).
Peace.