Official Rozen Maiden Topic

Jonny Axehandle 01-22-2007 03:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rozen_Maiden

Holy crap, best anime I've seen since Big O ended. I've been watching it on YouTube. Right now I'm up to season 2 episode 6. (Is it against the rules to post links to that stuff?) So...anyone else like this show? I've heard it's in the top 10 animes over in Japan right now. I'd love to own this on DVD eventually.

.........aaaaaaaaand, because sometimes you just have to get it out of our system:

Desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu desu...Desu.
Sharpshooter005 01-22-2007 03:52 PM
All I know about this is that suiseiseki is very fond of the word desu
Jonny Axehandle 01-22-2007 03:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
All I know about this is that suiseiseki is very fond of the word desu

Search YouTube for "desu" to see how much she says it in just a few minutes of dialogue. It is quite trippy. Too bad it'll be ruined if ever translated...
Nine Kuze 01-22-2007 04:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rozen_Maiden

Just went over the main story on the Wiki page, sound pretty damn interesting and I'll like to check it out myself on YouTube when I can.

...So THAT's where Sharpie got that weird red/green eyed girl from. It all comes together now. Inside joke and all, as you were.
Peace.
Green_Bird 01-22-2007 05:34 PM
Don't know how long it will be on Youtube, seeing as how it was recently licensed like a week or so ago. But I should check it out...I've herd some good things about it from another forum...
Sharpshooter005 01-22-2007 05:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
...So THAT's where Sharpie got that weird red/green eyed girl from. It all comes together now. Inside joke and all, as you were.
Peace.

Suiseiseki is more along the lines of a meme

Also:

Jonny Axehandle 01-22-2007 08:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
Don't know how long it will be on Youtube, seeing as how it was recently licensed like a week or so ago. But I should check it out...I've herd some good things about it from another forum...

Ah crap. It's gonna get pulled from YouTube and translated into English. If I ever get my hands on a DVD I'm watching it in Japanese, because translating would ruin it on several levels...
Sharpshooter005 01-22-2007 08:37 PM
Youtubes...yeah who knows, everytime I hear googles "cracked down" on stuff, and go look, theres still alot I figured would be gone which isnt
Green_Bird 01-22-2007 11:04 PM
quote:
Youtubes...yeah who knows, everytime I hear googles "cracked down" on stuff, and go look, theres still alot I figured would be gone which isnt

Actually in the terms of Keroro Gunso...all episodes were deleted within a few hours of the official licensing announcement. You can still find some Chinese subs of it on there...but they're slowly taking them off too. But then again that's ADV. Geneon is pretty lax on taking their anime off. Heck you can still find subbed Saiyuki Reload episodes up still.

It may also look like alot because right after they take them down they're still listed in the searches for a few days but if you end up clicking them they end up saying that they were taken down due to copyright violations. That and half of them are AMVs and they don't take those down unless they have to...
R.Jesse 05-01-2007 09:21 AM
Rozen Maiden is the only anime I've watched in 6 months, it's pretty good. I like the idea of it being translated into english however they will most likely replace Suiseiseki's "desu" with "yes" completely ignoring what the fans say about it.
Sharpshooter005 05-01-2007 11:40 AM
quote:
they will most likely replace Suiseiseki's "desu" with "yes"

Desu is more than a catchphrase, desu is all that can save the internet from itself. All must yield to the will of desu or face damnation and oblivion.
Inigo Montoya 05-01-2007 11:47 AM
quote:
quote:
they will most likely replace Suiseiseki's "desu" with "yes"

Desu is more than a catchphrase, desu is all that can save the internet from itself. All must yield to the will of desu or face damnation and oblivion.

I YIELD TO NOTHING, AND THIS "DESU" SHALL BE NO DIFFERENT.
War.