Live-action GITS?!

The Baker St. Irregular 01-18-2007 04:44 PM
quote:
Production I.G. Enters Negotiations for Live-Action Ghost In The Shell
Production I.G. meeting with movie studios in Hollywood to develop live-action film

Full Article (ANN)

Confused

A live action Ghost movie could either leave me in bliss or in a noose.
Nine Kuze 01-18-2007 04:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
quote:
Production I.G. meeting with movie studios in Hollywood to develop live-action film

Full Article (ANN)

Confused

Damn it all, f***.
Peace.
The Baker St. Irregular 01-18-2007 05:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
quote:

Full Article (ANN)

Confused

Damn it all, f***.
Peace.

If they DO make a Ghost movie, you and I should force our way onto set and hang around and make sure they don't f*** it up.
Nine Kuze 01-18-2007 05:16 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
quote:

Full Article (ANN)

Confused

Damn it all, f***.
Peace.

If they DO make a Ghost movie, you and I should force our way onto set and hang around and make sure they don't f*** it up.

That would be cool (just to hang out with you period) but no, no. That's the thing, My Mistress. I want to make a Ghost in the Shell live-action adapation. This just hurts when I hear news like this. Its a selfish thing I know, but I really want to make a GITS film in the future. Hell, I even have a treatment for it and all that.

News like this just makes it even harder and harder for me to get a chance for me to do it is all. I'm just acting in a selfish manner. Besides, mine would (or will... or what have you) have been better.
Peace.
Wingnut 01-19-2007 01:50 PM
X Prime 01-19-2007 02:00 PM
Ehhhh.... no. It won't be pulled off well.
The Baker St. Irregular 01-19-2007 04:12 PM
Nine Kuze 01-19-2007 06:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
It may be possible.

Exact same thing Mistress (is that a crying smilie?) posted yesterday. And yet again, my furious anger over the new of this raises to unprecented levels.

quote:
Ehhhh.... no. It won't be pulled off well.

I hope not, X. I hope not indeed.
Peace.
seraphjei 01-19-2007 09:18 PM
Doubt is flooding my senses.
Green_Bird 01-19-2007 10:10 PM
I'm wondering why make it Live Action instead of doing something like FF: AC or something....
The Baker St. Irregular 01-19-2007 10:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
I'm wondering why make it Live Action instead of doing something like FF: AC or something....

They'll make it live-action so they can then shove as many glaringly-obvious-they're-CG-effects in until the film A' SPLODES! (A la Matrix 2.)

Live-action Major, I weep for you already. Crying
Green_Bird 01-20-2007 12:21 AM
quote:
Live-action Major, I weep for you already. Crying

That and what about Batou's and Bulma's eyes? How will they pull them off without making them look cheesy....
Nine Kuze 01-20-2007 02:52 AM
...This is making it all sound worse and worse.

Damn it, I really should make the adapation myself. Curses.

EDIT:
quote:
Live-action Major, I weep for you already.

As do I. I'm thinking Charlize Theron's Aeon Flux... except they might actually give her purple hair this time around.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 01-20-2007 01:15 PM
No good can come of this if its not a rumor/a thing tied up in development until the sun burns out like that evangelion movie
The Baker St. Irregular 01-28-2007 01:28 AM
Straight from the horse's mouth.

I.G. seems is good spirits about this. But maybe its just thinking about the money it could make. Oh Well *remembers "It's all about the Benjamins."*

If it ever came down to it, I think a live-action Ghost movie could be better-- or at least more appealing-- than the live-action Eva.
Sharpshooter005 01-30-2007 12:19 PM
quote:
Production I.G, Inc. has finalized with Kodansha Ltd. an agent agreement to represent the live-action rights for the property Ghost in the Shell

quote:
No good can come of this

Seriously. Okay either the major dosen't have purple hair...then alot of the fanbase gets mad or whatever..or...she does....and it's just going to be funny and strange looking as hell. This is just one thing anyway.
Nine Kuze 01-30-2007 12:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Production I.G, Inc. has finalized with Kodansha Ltd. an agent agreement to represent the live-action rights for the property Ghost in the Shell

quote:
No good can come of this

Seriously. Okay either the major dosen't have purple hair...then alot of the fanbase gets mad or whatever..or...she does....and it's just going to be funny and strange looking as hell. This is just one thing anyway.

It will be like the adapation of Aeon Flux, where she wouldn't have purple hair, all the fanboys who harbor a crush on the Major will be pissed like you know what and no one will pay attention to the rest of the important details. You know, like the plot and the visual effects.

Also, it will suck in an abysumal fashion. I really need to do the adapation of this before its too late.
Peace.
Sara Comatori 02-15-2007 01:32 PM
I just hope to the Gods that they don't kill Bato with Like Bruce Willis or somthing...
The Baker St. Irregular 02-15-2007 05:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori
I just hope to the Gods that they don't kill Bato with Like Bruce Willis or somthing...

Sharpshooter005 02-15-2007 09:30 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sara Comatori

MUDKIPS THE SMILIE!?