A way to get a Season 3

KrF2 01-17-2007 03:39 AM
Someone can start a site. That gives commercials(mountian dew,video games,cars,deodorant,google etc.) and links to popular anime retail sites,car insurance,car utilities,and streaming movie sites.You can make a deal with the advertising agency that they will get hits to thier site for a certian amount of money. They want the younger demographics and traffic to thier sites. More traffic=more customers=more money for the season 3.There are commercials(30 seconds-2 minutes)in between demo clips of season 3. Even movie/game trailers.The people on the site are asked to watch a commercial for news/trailer/progress on the "revived series" they are looking for.They are told if they want their favorite series to be remade for television they have to find more people and show them the site.It is also told to the people that the commercials sponser the new series(like TV and radio).

As the progress grows more demos are shown to the people on the site about the new seasons.

*new Trigun
*new Big O
*new Furi Kuri
*Vampire Hunter D series
*new cowboy bebop
*new full metal alchemist
*new dragonball series( more original and spontanious writing and focuses more on the humans and fighting styles/knowledge...its not like GT were its upgrade here, upgrade there,upgrade your dog etc. This series the emphasis is on styles,decision making,match-ups,and strategies. Upgrades are few and far between. Even when they do get upgrades its not a auto-win like GT and part of Z. Its just a small bump in power or other things not power related .)
Nine Kuze 01-17-2007 08:08 AM
First and foremost, welcome to the forums KrF2.

quote:
Originally posted by KrF2
*new Trigun
*new Furi Kuri
*new cowboy bebop
*new full metal alchemist

No. All of these series ended just fine the way they did, FMA's ending you can take it or leave it (I'll take it) but still, there's a film after the ending of the series so yeah.

Although granted, this idea seems more grounded that say mailing produce to the company for another season and all that I suppose.
Peace.
Hobodoken 01-17-2007 09:42 AM
There is already a site dedicated to the attempt to get a third season.

It's not exactly the same as your idea, though.

Also: Wouldn't your idea only be applicable if there was already at least a third season pilot? I mean, as of yet there isn't exactly anything that could be used as a "demo clip".

Just saying.
Capt. Quekolis 01-17-2007 07:58 PM
This is an interseting idea, a good idea I might add. But who coul make the demo clips.
paul1290 01-17-2007 08:53 PM
Trigun is supposed to get a movie soon, not sure when it'll be finished though.

This idea is actually somewhat plausable. Difficult perhaps, but plausable. The problem is I doubt it'll raise enough money on it's own. Websites usually don't make any more than a thousand dollars from advertisements. However, it wouldn't have to cover the entire costs of making a 3rd season, it would only have to pay for enough of it to make it worthwhile to Adult Swim.

There's already a website dedicated to getting a 3rd season. It's at savebigo.com. The problem is that the site isn't exactly ideal for advertisements. Perhaps a seperate page can be made for this.

There's also the problem of demo clips.
KrF2 01-17-2007 09:16 PM
well the site has more than one series demoed.People are asked to watch the commercials(and go to the links to the sponsors website ie GMC,anime DVD retailers,car insurance etc) to pay for funding to a new season/movie finally.There are some animation techniques(like drawing 360 angles to all the body parts and making a 2d skeleton instead of 20 animators with this technique it will take at least 5 animators 11 days to make one episode) that will dramatically reduce the development costs. Big Grin
Generalissimo D 01-17-2007 10:17 PM
I somehow don't think you know how international copyright law works.
KrF2 01-18-2007 01:27 AM
get permission.
evanASF27 01-18-2007 01:28 AM
quote:
get permission.

goooooood luck on that. I wanna be an optimist...but realistically that's slim pickens.
KrF2 01-18-2007 01:49 AM
why when your going to be making them money and getting free advertising?

I mean there are ways to present it to them and not look like a noob unprofessional.
Revan 01-18-2007 03:02 AM
quote:
well the site has more than one series demoed.People are asked to watch the commercials(and go to the links to the sponsors website ie GMC,anime DVD retailers,car insurance etc) to pay for funding to a new season/movie finally.

Hmm it's good to see an idea that doesn't involve mass mailing or petitions but raisinig funds primarily through via website advertising might not work in this case.

The number of people who visit a site and visit the sponsors will always be less than the total amount of visitors. (I think that makes sense Wink ) Even if you ask nicely, many people are not really interested in diverting their time to read a commercial message etc. (I hope I'm not making too many assumptions there) Thats not to say the sponsors will not receive any hits at all, but to make it work well a large, constant flow of visitors is needed. Bigger advertisers will be more reluctant to lend their logo to a website that only generates modest traffic.

Or something. So yeah, like paul1280 said, plausible in theory but may obstacles to overcome. Oh and welcome to the forums!
KrF2 01-18-2007 06:34 AM
If we can get a some demos on TV or adult swim's new web based promo channel then it will help.

If enough people generate enough money that at least gets partial sponsor funding then you can get sunrise's attention. Adult swim would gladly put a new series that is popular(because of the online hits to our site.)With the new animation techiques(multiple angled segmented images)the production costs(animators) would drop by at least 10 fold while scaling up the definition of the frames drawn.With the extra budget they can focus on the writing and dialog.It would be instant ratings=$$$.It would be safe because the production costs are low but the animation quality is higher(because of the this technique).Making episodes would be alot easier if everything is pre-drawn and all the animator has to do is model the interconnecting parts of the segmented image(of say a human body) to fit together.They can reused frames(they already do this)too.

The low budget(safety)/partially payed for development(convenience) vs large install base(Big O fans and other anime fans)=ratings=$$$

We can expand this plan to go into anime movies and console/PC video games.

How many people would want a next gen crono trigger,Final Fantasy 7-2,Zombies ate my neighbors 2,River City Ransom, or Final Fantasy 6-2?
evanASF27 01-18-2007 10:14 AM
Valid points. But [adult swim] doesn't LIKE Big O. Meaning, they don't care how large the fanbase is, or how commited they are. Animes (for them) don't pull in the ratings crappier 11 minute comedies do. The 11 minute comedies are cheaply made (oh, and they're inexpensive), and generally draw in larger crowds because let's face it... not every person that watches them needs a positive IQ in order to get jokes, but they DO need one to watch Big O.
For example, 12oz. Mouse... crappiest thing I've ever seen in my life that's been put on television. They fund a 3rd season.
Metalocalypse... a "unique" show done entirely in Flash. (I actually like it O.o)

The Big O requires considerably more funding. If they cheapen the animation process of creating Big O the end product... well... will suck. But since they don't mind degradation of quality, it's the monetary amount they dislike with anime production. Combine that with evidence from the "Big O-ccident" of 2003 and their general ignorance towards anime, and you will end up with no Big O III.

I want to make clear however, that this plan is still VALID. Why? Because while [adult swim] doesn't give a rats @$$, other channels MIGHT. Try pitching it to them, convincing them to buy from Cartoon Network, and we may very well get a season 3...with some effort at solving the plot arc this time round (hopefully).

quote:
We can expand this plan to go into anime movies and console/PC video games.

Although you probably didn't mean BigO... I did have a rather good outline started for the construction of a Big O video game (combining elements of Episode I: StarWars Podracer, Godzilla games, SuperSmashBros., and a little bit of Pokemon Stadium2). I still have a very thorough and basically complete concept for the game in my head... but since I don't know anyone who can program a Nintendo Gamecube........
It would end up being one of the only (and therefore BEST) mecha fighting game on the video game market. (That isn't SuperRobotWars)
KrF2 01-18-2007 06:25 PM
come on man why would turn down Crono Trigger 2,Capcom vs. Nintendo vs Sega(imagine megaman,dante,ryu,maximo,sonic,VF,tyrant,Jill) for Nintendo Wii, or Final Fantasy 6-2 for Xbox360.

We can start the demos on a web-TV like site and get some hits and sponser recognition. They when the time is ripe we pit it to SciFi for thier saturday night (12:00) time slot.(revived Saturday Anime). We start a nation wide voting system on our website(generates hits) that ask the viewer "how should X character respond in the next episode" or "what kind of X should the character get" or "what do you think about X character?".

If SciFi has a demographic that will appreciate what Big O has to offer. I have a deep storyline for the 3rd season(Rodger being a psychotic psychic Angel an cyborg/ROM device/Big hack Alex is a Weapon of Mass destruction Michael Seebach is a undead revenant/wartime spy that got murdered by gordon before the event), but I'd like to incorperate other more colorful ideas into the mix. Hiring the original writers will keep the story from vearing to far yet the community aspect will make a better product and better ratings.

Partially funding the new series with other series will ensure that a large fan base will occur.SciFi will like the cheap cost(ad/commercial funded+new animation techiques that will lower the amount of animators and production time) : ratings ratio. This will get then into the younger demographic(which they want)and interest thier current install base.

We first need alot of people to make this happen.
evanASF27 01-18-2007 06:36 PM
quote:
We start a nation wide voting system on our website(generates hits) that ask the viewer "how should X character respond in the next episode" or "what kind of X should the character get" or "what do you think about X character?".

baaaaadddd idea. Big time. It won't work like Bleedman's has.

quote:
If SciFi has a demographic that will appreciate what Big O has to offer. I have a deep storyline for the 3rd season(Rodger being a psychotic psychic Angel an cyborg/ROM device/Big hack Alex is a Weapon of Mass destruction Michael Seebach is a undead revenant/wartime spy that got murdered by gordon before the event), but I'd like to incorperate other more colorful ideas into the mix. Hiring the original writers will keep the story from vearing to far yet the community aspect will make a better product and better ratings

...*blank stare*...

What?! Neutral
Generalissimo D 01-18-2007 06:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
I somehow don't think you know how international copyright law works.

Addendum: Yer an ambitious little bugger who, for someone that wants a third season, seems rather intent on watching your fanfiction being produced.
Solid_Snake 01-19-2007 12:38 AM
quote:
come on man why would turn down Crono Trigger 2,Capcom vs. Nintendo vs Sega(imagine megaman,dante,ryu,maximo,sonic,VF,tyrant,Jill) for Nintendo Wii, or Final Fantasy 6-2 for Xbox360.

We can start the demos on a web-TV like site and get some hits and sponser recognition. They when the time is ripe we pit it to SciFi for thier saturday night (12:00) time slot.(revived Saturday Anime). We start a nation wide voting system on our website(generates hits) that ask the viewer "how should X character respond in the next episode" or "what kind of X should the character get" or "what do you think about X character?".

If SciFi has a demographic that will appreciate what Big O has to offer. I have a deep storyline for the 3rd season(Rodger being a psychotic psychic Angel an cyborg/ROM device/Big hack Alex is a Weapon of Mass destruction Michael Seebach is a undead revenant/wartime spy that got murdered by gordon before the event), but I'd like to incorperate other more colorful ideas into the mix. Hiring the original writers will keep the story from vearing to far yet the community aspect will make a better product and better ratings.

Partially funding the new series with other series will ensure that a large fan base will occur.SciFi will like the cheap cost(ad/commercial funded+new animation techiques that will lower the amount of animators and production time) : ratings ratio. This will get then into the younger demographic(which they want)and interest thier current install base.

We first need alot of people to make this happen.

First off;

No. Liscencing makes it so Games like that can't happen'. But, a Chrono Trigger II would be boss.

Second off: If a third season had any half baked theories like that I would never want said season to see the light of day.
Nine Kuze 01-19-2007 01:35 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
quote:
If SciFi has a demographic that will appreciate what Big O has to offer. I have a deep storyline for the 3rd season(Rodger being a psychotic psychic Angel an cyborg/ROM device/Big hack Alex is a Weapon of Mass destruction Michael Seebach is a undead revenant/wartime spy that got murdered by gordon before the event), but I'd like to incorperate other more colorful ideas into the mix. Hiring the original writers will keep the story from vearing to far yet the community aspect will make a better product and better ratings

...*blank stare*...

What?! Neutral

Well said, Evan. Well said. I'm... trying here, benefit of the doubt and all that, but the way it was just described there and all, yeah.

I don't want to sound like a prick but at first, the presentation of the idea seemed plausible but now I'm not so sure.
Peace.
Zopwx2 01-20-2007 04:37 PM
This is some of the stupidest sh** I've ever read.

But at least you're motivated. Smile
6 moon dance 01-20-2007 08:35 PM
One of the barriers to a third season of Big O is convincing a network or anime producer that they can make money from it. If, KrF2, you can make your plan work it might be a way to crack that particular barrier.

P.S. Don't listen to the naysayers. If we did that the human race would still be living in caves.