A way to get a Season 3

Nine Kuze 01-21-2007 12:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 6 moon dance
P.S. Don't listen to the naysayers. If we did that the human race would still be living in caves.

Its not that the idea isn't all that bad, its just that it was sounding plausible until it was interjected with the notion that this is all just being done because he has an idea for a Season 3 (like D said, a personal fan fiction) and wants it to come to life.

And no offense by any means, but the storyline just sounded bad. Maybe if we got the full picture, but damn.
Peace.
evanASF27 01-21-2007 01:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by 6 moon dance
P.S. Don't listen to the naysayers. If we did that the human race would still be living in caves.

Its not that the idea isn't all that bad, its just that it was sounding plausible until it was interjected with the notion that this is all just being done because he has an idea for a Season 3 (like D said, a personal fan fiction) and wants it to come to life.

And no offense by any means, but the storyline just sounded bad. Maybe if we got the full picture, but damn.
Peace.

Exactly.

If there is gonna be a season3, as much as I'd like to see Big Zenigata animated, as a true fan I *have* to go with what the original writers want and ignore what I personally want to see... although if they don't include Schwarzwald I'll moider them.
6 moon dance 01-21-2007 03:20 PM
The Stoned Guest wrote:
quote:
If there is gonna be a season3, as a true fan I *have* to go with what the original writers want

Couldn't agree more.
Sharpshooter005 01-21-2007 04:13 PM
quote:
*new Furi Kuri

I'm aware someone already pointed out that with the exception of big o, every series you listed had a very definate beginning and end to them. But honestly this was the first thing that caught my attention, because...hell I'm honestly struggling to think of a show with a more defined ending than FLCL. And I'm coming up short, theres really nowhere else for that plotline to go.

quote:
The people on the site are asked to watch a commercial for news/trailer/progress on the "revived series" they are looking for. They are told if they want their favorite series to be remade for television they have to find more people and show them the site

This sounds like a really circuitous way of saying "demographics research". And the "you tell two friends then they tell two friends" thing sounds like it comes directly from the brochure for every pyramid scheme in the history of mankind.

Furthermore, and it's been said before. You can't really show something which dosen't exist.

quote:
there are ways to present it to them and not look like a noob unprofessional.

This isn't one of them.

quote:
How many people would want a next gen crono trigger,Final Fantasy 7-2,Zombies ate my neighbors 2,River City Ransom, or Final Fantasy 6-2?

Two of the franchises you just named are still having releases on current generation hardware. I'm also pretty sure some indie developer made a remake of river city ransom (google it its probably there)

quote:
For example, 12oz. Mouse... crappiest thing I've ever seen in my life that's been put on television. They fund a 3rd season.

12 oz mouse is incredibly inexpensive, getting webisodes and not full-fledged airings, and it's an in house production by williams street.

quote:

We didn't get out of caves based on specious internet based marketing plans.

quote:
If there is gonna be a season3, as a true fan I *have* to go with what the original writers want

If theres a season 3 not written by the original writers, I for one would have absolutely zero interest in it, as the writing and plot were pretty key to the original series.
Generalissimo D 01-21-2007 05:18 PM
Also:

Blue Crow 01-22-2007 01:22 PM
hey, i know a great way to get a season 3.

go to sleep and start dreaming.

'cause that sh** ain't never happening. Pleased

- BC
Nine Kuze 01-22-2007 02:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
*new Furi Kuri

I'm aware someone already pointed out that with the exception of big o, every series you listed had a very definate beginning and end to them. But honestly this was the first thing that caught my attention, because...hell I'm honestly struggling to think of a show with a less defined ending than FLCL. And I'm coming up short, theres really nowhere else for that plotline to go.

quote:
The people on the site are asked to watch a commercial for news/trailer/progress on the "revived series" they are looking for. They are told if they want their favorite series to be remade for television they have to find more people and show them the site

This sounds like a really circuitous way of saying "demographics research". And the "you tell two friends then they tell two friends" thing sounds like it comes directly from the brochure for every pyramid scheme in the history of mankind.

Furthermore, and it's been said before. You can't really show something which dosen't exist.

Pretty much what Sharpie said, I agree with. Just commenting on some things. Also, that was me who pointed out the series and the plotlines and all that.

Yeah, I was going to comment on this aspect of the plan and it had me confuse for a minute. How are you going have demos and trailers for a product (in this case, Big O - Season Three) for someone to purchase and distribute (kind of like a film festival thing) when in the first place, the demos and trailers can't be made when said product doesn't exist.

Blue Crow: Somethin' so harsh and cold, man.
Peace.
Spoderman 01-24-2007 02:51 PM
quote:
*new Trigun

It's over.

quote:
*new Big O

Not going to happen

quote:
*new Furi Kuri

Also over

quote:
*Vampire Hunter D series

It has never been a series, and a transition to series would ruin it.

quote:
*new cowboy bebop

See Trigun/Fooly Cooly

quote:
*new full metal alchemist

51 episodes wasn't enough for you?

quote:
*new dragonball series( more original and spontanious writing and focuses more on the humans and fighting styles/knowledge...its not like GT were its upgrade here, upgrade there,upgrade your dog etc. This series the emphasis is on styles,decision making,match-ups,and strategies. Upgrades are few and far between. Even when they do get upgrades its not a auto-win like GT and part of Z. Its just a small bump in power or other things not power related .)

NO
Dangerous 02-19-2007 07:13 PM
there is no reason to create a third season unfortunately. the story teaches us that the scenario is like a cycle. How many R Roger Smith are built ? A lot. So there will be as "resets" as R Roger Smith who exist. lol Understood what I mean ?
Capt. Quekolis 02-21-2007 06:30 PM
But its only gone through one cycle maybe that cycle that started at the end of the series is the last one and it will never start over after that. Life will just go on as usual, we never know and without know what was in store for season three we will never know until there is a season three.
Nine Kuze 02-21-2007 06:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by samirsouleyman
there is no reason to create a third season unfortunately. the story teaches us that the scenario is like a cycle. How many R Roger Smith are built ? A lot. So there will be as "resets" as R Roger Smith who exist. lol Understood what I mean ?

...And this is the part where I came in and say that there's enough evidence shown throughout the series to detail that "Roger Smith" is not an android by any means.

I mean really, "R Roger Smith"? Who are you tryin' to kid here?
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 02-21-2007 07:35 PM
I never paid any attention to that scene of the Roger androids being made, I refuse to believe that Roger is an android, I think that some scenes during the end of the series were to be brought back and elaborated on during the third season.
paul1290 02-21-2007 07:39 PM
It's not a complete cycle. In the end scene where Roger is driving away, Dorothy and Angel are seen in front of the control room they were just in.

It used to be a cycle prior to that moment, but the cycle was broken by the end of the series.

There were originally supposed to be at least 3 seasons of Big-O, but Adult Swim decided not to get a 3rd season partway through the second season's production. As a result a lot of things had to be shortend or cut out entirely. Perhaps the most obvious example of this is the Behemoth, who's battle with Big-O was cut down to less than 30 seconds in order to squeeze it into the last episode.

Another interesting bit:
After Adult Swim said they didn't want a 3rd season, the writers were going to put on an ending that would have put the story into a complete cycle. However, at the last minute Adult Swim decided that they might consider funding a 3rd season later on if the viewers showed renewed interest in deeper and more complex anime such as Big-O, so in the end they went with a somewhat cycle-breaking ending that would allow for a 3rd season if they would happen to want one sometime in the future.
Capt. Quekolis 02-21-2007 07:41 PM
So that means that life goes on as normal, correct? Even so that still leaves so many other loose ends out there.
Sharpshooter005 02-21-2007 09:10 PM
quote:
if the viewers showed renewed interest in deeper and more complex anime such as Big-O

Then the viewers apparently said "This isn't inuyasha or a horribly cliched show about vampires" so we got a dump truck full of both.

(really if they just aired ghost in the shell seasons 1 and 2 in place of all other anime, for a year, I think it'd please everyone)
Dangerous 02-22-2007 09:35 AM
no way ...... no way at all. don't speak for nothing.
dominusofdeath 03-18-2007 02:15 PM
quote:
DominusofDeath
Big-O died

It is also spelled ROGER. Notice how there is NO 'd". Stupid people FTL
Dangerous 03-18-2007 02:26 PM
It was said that if there is another interest to the Big O, and if the Big O gets success, there will be a third season. Why ? Do you imagine that even with a success they will create maybe a third season, or a fourth, or a fifth ? I exaggerate, a third that's all. The second season ends with the beginning of the third one. But this one is the same than the first one, do you understand me ? Of course there are some differences, but the idea is exactly the same.

So there can be a third season ,with a fourth one which will finish like the second one. You understand ?

So where is the interest to make a third season if the scenario is a cycle ?
dominusofdeath 03-18-2007 02:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman
So there can be a third season ,with a fourth one which will finish like the second one. You understand ?

So where is the interest to make a third season if the scenario is a cycle ?

Theoretically anything can happen, but that does not mean it is going to. There is a very low probability a Season 3 will ever be made. I admire the people for fighting an uphill battle but at the same time is funny.
Duo 03-18-2007 03:05 PM
We don't need a season 3, we need a new TV series

How about....Big Duo
Starring Schwarzwald!