[Fan Art] Big O Eva Parody

Dangerous 04-03-2007 04:20 AM
the first time I watched Eva, it was yeeaars ago. I saw the last episode, and just before, when Asuka fought against the nine evas. All that blood !

I didn't understand this anime. And then when I decided to watch all the series I still don't understand their existential questions. How much paradoxes ! I just liked the fights !!
d-d-d-dumbass 04-03-2007 10:58 AM
i remember when i first watched Evangelion...
my friend and i were at his house watching a hole bunch of anime, and right after Hellsing, he put that on. i thought he was trying to be funny by turning something perverted like that on, it was the last movie i think, and i starte laughing. then i got really interested.

then he asked me out.

we stopped being friends after that.
Inigo Montoya 04-03-2007 12:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by deathhaseyes
i remember when i first watched Evangelion...
my friend and i were at his house watching a hole bunch of anime, and right after Hellsing, he put that on. i thought he was trying to be funny by turning something perverted like that on, it was the last movie i think, and i starte laughing. then i got really interested.

then he asked me out.

Why? That would have been the best time to agree.
Sharpshooter005 04-03-2007 02:10 PM
The mind-rape scene is still unintentionally hilarious by the way
Dangerous 04-03-2007 03:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by deathhaseyes

If he really stopped beeing your friend, that means that he has never been one.

Remember this phrase : "un ami qui ne l'est plus ne l'a jamais été".

LOL Big Grin I don't know how to translate it. Let me try to explain : if a "friend" is not a friend anymore (for X reason) and that he will never speak to you anymore, that means that he has never been a friend. Maybe the quarrel will stay a long time, but if there is a total disconnection between you, that means that he has never been a friend Frown .

Good to be known.

What ? You knew that ? No ! Now you have the confirmation that you know that . Smile
R. Daniel Olk 01 04-03-2007 03:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Samir_Souleyman

If he really stopped beeing your friend, that means that he has never been one.

Remember this phrase : "un ami qui ne l'est plus ne l'a jamais été".

You translated it perfectly well. O la sagesse française! (In interpersonal relations, at least.)

>-------------------------------------------------<

Eva was just one massive self-help video. Big O is also somewhat of a self-help video.

I'm surprised that, with so many inspirational messages in its animé, Japan has such a reputation for troubled youth.
Dangerous 04-03-2007 03:47 PM
I am surprised R. Daniel Olk that you know French. Big Grin
I guess I didn't surprise you, did I ? Everybody in this forum knows that I speak French.
But you ..... I didn't know. Cool

You have also the French keyboard. GOOOOD. Happy On a beaucoup de choses à se dire alors ! C'est parfait !! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Well to speak about this picture of R. Dorothy, it is a very pretty one ! Pleased

About what you said Daniel, I agree with you about the violence in Japan, even if most of the animes teach us good things. I would say the first big animes, for the newest ones have no good lesson anymore.
..... Okay there are good lessons, but the shape of those animes are violent.

We live in a violent world, and people become mad especially because of the violence we see on TV and listen to the radio ! Frown I personally notice this terrible growth of violence in my country. IT IS AWFUL ! Mad

Life is difficult, the world becomes crazy, ..... and the media helps to get it worse.
Nine Kuze 04-03-2007 04:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
The mind-rape scene is still unintentionally hilarious by the way

That's one of the few highlights of Evangelion, yeah.

IT'S RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPING MEH MIND! Lol.
Peace.
d-d-d-dumbass 04-03-2007 05:39 PM
he pulled out a movie in which a kid watched his own parents having sex.

i was like, 12.

ew.

i thought he was gross.
Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 08:06 PM
Yes there were parts in that series that even bewildered me when I first saw it and that was only 2 years ago. There are some pretty weird things going on in that whole story line.
Nine Kuze 04-04-2007 08:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
Yes there were parts in that series that even bewildered me when I first saw it and that was only 2 years ago. There are some pretty weird things going on in that whole story line.

The thing is, it wasn't even bewildering and edgy (how many times am I gonna use that word in an Eva thread today). Most of it was just way too over the top and for the most part, completely unnecessary overall.

It's like after Anno went over his Freduian notes, he was thinking and pulling out crap from his ass to try and push the envelope and make it as erotic and memorable as much as he can. Well, I guess it worked for him. But in all the wrong reasons.
Peace.
Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 08:21 PM
All im saying is that sometimes I found my self saying wtf not only to things that I didnt understand but to some of the very very stupid things they did in it.
d-d-d-dumbass 04-13-2007 10:57 AM
yes, i agree, there were many parts of the series AND the movies that i was like "OoOkaaaaaaaaaay......"

like the part in the last movie where it showed three girls dressed as Rei and Asuka and that otheer chick standing in the middle of a crowed. it was weird. but there were also other parts that were full of beautiful symbolism that i couldnt help but notice and fall in love with.

i guess it was the the symbolism that kept me tied to the series.
Inigo Montoya 04-13-2007 11:29 AM
But the cheap symbolism was tied to the nonsensical philosophy of it all! The symbolism itself in most parts made no sense, as well as being aesthetically... questionable... SImply led me to assume the obvious. I would be better served turning off the Eva and watching G Gundam.
War.
Capt. Quekolis 04-18-2007 07:44 PM
Yes I do miss watching Gundam Wing