"Paradigm Noise" - a Big-O novel

Nohansen 01-09-2007 07:02 AM
I was going through the old threads in this forum, and read something about a Big O novel, "Paradigm Noise." Does anyone know what's it about? I found this page and put it through babelfish and, from what I could make out, I think it has a synopsis of the novel. Anyone read japanese that can translate?
Pygmalion 01-09-2007 12:50 PM
I have the book, but my Japanese is not up to a full novel without pictures to give context Wink . Here are the chapters (in English) from the table of contents:

Prologue
Chapter1 The Starless World
Chapter2 An Allegory Of The Knights And The Demon
Chapter3 To The Other Side Of The Sky
Epilogue

It's 213 pages, including what seem to be author's notes at the end. One would need to know kana and kanji to read it.

Pygmalion
Nohansen 01-09-2007 01:13 PM
Here is the romanji, if it helps...

quote:
kioku soushitsu no machi ?? paradaimushiti. paradaimushiti zuiichi no negoshieetaa, rojaa. sumisu ni koushou o irai shi ta otoko ga korosa re ta. koroshi ta no ha bousou shi ta andoroido. jiken no kagi o nigiru no ha otoko ga insatsu suru you ni tanoma re ta shishuu ' arukadia '. 10 nen mae ni kono shishuu o kono shishuu o an da no ha rou kagaku sha to kare ga sewa o suru kodomo tachi. shishuu no shussho o oi, rojaa ha paradaimu o kakeru. chika ni nemuru ' sute ra ' to ha ?' arukadia ' ni kakusa re ta messeeji to ha ?

And this is the babelfish translation...

quote:
<Sypnosis> Town of amnesia - - paradigm city. Paradigm city foremost negotiator, the man who requests negotiation to Roger Smith killed. As for killing the android which drives recklessly. As for grasping the key of incident as the man prints, anthology "Arcadia" which is asked. 10 years ago this anthology as for editing this anthology the old age scientist the children where he takes care. To chase the origin of the anthology, as for Roger; the paradigm the Sho [...]. You sleep on the underground, "the stele"? In the message which is hidden "Arcadia"?

I understand something like Roger's client being killed and a hidden message in the book "Arcadia."
Capt. Quekolis 01-09-2007 05:15 PM
So do they have an english version?
Pygmalion 01-09-2007 08:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
So do they have an english version?

No, there isn't. Judging by the way the "Lost Memories" manga hasn't been translated, I doubt that it will be either.

Pygmalion
Capt. Quekolis 01-09-2007 08:54 PM
So all of the manga except for one is been translated into English.
evanASF27 01-09-2007 10:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ltwhipporwill
So all of the manga except for one is been translated into English.

Actually "Lost Memories" was supposed to be a "2nd series" of the Big O manga...a "second season" if you will. There were only 2 volumes in Lost Memories, but nothing more unfortunately. Frown Neither has been translated into English and they are hard to find.
Solid_Snake 01-13-2007 05:04 PM
I so dearly wish this to be translated in the future. Frown

On another note, where can a purchase it?
Tickle Tickle 01-13-2007 06:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
Actually "Lost Memories" was supposed to be a "2nd series" of the Big O manga...a "second season" if you will. There were only 2 volumes in Lost Memories, but nothing more unfortunately. Frown Neither has been translated into English and they are hard to find.

Lost Memories wasn't a sequel. It was just a collection of short stories that take place between Volume 5 and Volume 6 of the Big O manga.