Roger Smith's Age

Heavy Metal Instro 02-01-2007 08:50 PM
Roger's 25, and people lost their memories 40 years ago. Before he was even born. How is it that he starts to see the time before the memory lost if he didn't even experience it?
Nine Kuze 02-01-2007 09:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
Roger is shown as a tomato in 25 along with normal Roger and Roger the Wanderer.
Also I find it sad that the original Roger would be involved in such horrible expiraments on children. The psych minor in me wants to club him.

Once again, I don't think that was a scene that was suppose to be taken you know, literally.

I always thought it to be the three stages of Roger that he goes through to get to the point he was at the time, dealing with his own destiny and what his mission is in terms of the situation in Paradigm City.
So yeah.
Peace.
SEELE 08 02-01-2007 09:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Roger is shown as a tomato in 25 along with normal Roger and Roger the Wanderer.
Also I find it sad that the original Roger would be involved in such horrible expiraments on children. The psych minor in me wants to club him.

Once again, I don't think that was a scene that was suppose to be taken you know, literally.

I always thought it to be the three stages of Roger that he goes through to get to the point he was at the time, dealing with his own destiny and what his mission is in terms of the situation in Paradigm City.
So yeah.
Peace.

I was never sure about that scene myself. But if he were a tomato that's what he would have looked like.
Also I want to smackdown Gordon after studying some child psych. Cripes he scares me in those flashback scenes.
Nine Kuze 02-01-2007 09:51 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:

So yeah.
Peace.

Also I want to smackdown Gordon after studying some child psych. Cripes he scares me in those flashback scenes.

What flashback scenes are you referring to?
Peace.
SEELE 08 02-01-2007 10:02 PM
The ones of Gordon with the tomatoes in the lab...through the key whole and such in R.D and in 14 and 21.

Lemme see if I can dig up some stills...

Grr cant' find one of Gordon smiling with blood on his lab coat....
Capt. Quekolis 02-06-2007 06:22 PM
So has anyone actually thought about how exactly they would implant memories from one to another?
Heavy Metal Instro 02-06-2007 07:21 PM
V-chip.
Tony Ventresca 04-16-2007 08:30 AM
Maybe he is 25, but he sure acts like a man who is in his late 30s and has a lot of experience dealing with people, mature experience.

TV
Ollen70 05-07-2007 08:47 PM
I never bought that Roger was really a tomato. I think he's something else entirely, mostly because of Gordon's "you're not one of my beloved ones" comment in the last episode. Plus, Roger's memories of Gordon's experiments are through a keyhole. It means he might not have even been involved, just present when it was happening.

I also don't think he's an android, though. I think that it's either symbolic, that there's always going to be a Roger Smith when the city needs one, or that it was how they powered the army of Big Os in the past (because Roger was always the Dominus to Big O) and something went wrong in the process, which might explain why they ended up destroying most of the city/world.

So, I'd say as far as Roger goes, age is sort of irrelevent. He just is what he is.
Mattartist 05-12-2007 02:10 PM
Maybe Alex, being mostly a direct clone of Gordon, created a sort of sped up life span, so if he were to, say, age like Robin Williams in that movie which escapes me like the PLAGUE --- then, wouldn't Roger and Gordon have significant differences in age, so to speak?

Also, with that whole "not hugging Alex Rosewater", but hugging Roger instead, I think that's just plain sad. You gotta wonder what's floatin' in that ol' geezer's head, living with the deaths of those young people (tomatos), as well as affecting Roger, and ignoring Alex. Regardless of the fact that he's a dern clone, if it were ME in Gordon's shoes, I'd hug that lummox so much, I bet Alex would TOTALLY forget about his plots of genocide and domination.

And I'm totally up to the idea of Roger being a carrot... Roll Eyes yoy.

oh yeah, hi, I'm back from nowhere's ville.... Cool
R.Dorothy 05-30-2007 05:35 PM
He's 25 for sure! in one ep (i dont know which one) but it says something about it ^_^
Dangerous 05-31-2007 10:49 AM
I would say he is 33
Nazrael 05-31-2007 01:33 PM
I think the fact that he was adopted and spent a couple years in the Military Police is probably the reason for his mature attitude.