Question about the manga ?

Roger_Smith 01-02-2007 03:04 AM
The manga was made before or after the anime ? If this is a case it will be like Neon Genesis Evangelion.
SEELE 08 01-02-2007 09:43 PM
The Big O manga like Eva, was in circulation before it aired, however both manga series are not penned by the series creator. The Big O manga is far more light hearted (and has a bit of nudity) than the anime like the eva manga it doesn't feature the depth of the anime. However I enjoy both series' manga and anime adaptions.
minespatch 01-03-2007 04:37 PM
would this be the same for the cowboy bebop manga?
SEELE 08 01-03-2007 07:01 PM
Dunno haven't read it lol. I stick to Mecha and fantasy manga.
BigPrime 01-03-2007 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Roger_Smith
The manga was made before or after the anime ? If this is a case it will be like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

The Big O manga and anime, like Eva, were created in the same project. Also like Eva, it began serialization shortly before the anime aired and continued well after its conclusion (Eva runs to this day, Big O ended a while before Season 2 aired in Japan). Unlike Eva, whose mangaka is the character designer, Big O's mangaka is otherwise unrelated to the production (and was fairly distant from it, he actually wasn't even told what color The Big O was).

This is indeed somewhat like Cowboy Bebop's mangas, which were created as tie ins but ultimately very separate from the anime. Unlike Bebop's mangas (which ran for 3 and 2 volumes worth of chapters, respectively and both ending inconclusively), Big O's manga was more successful than the show, running for several years and accruing six volumes before ending (and then 2 more with Lost Memory not long thereafter). This is fairly successful for a monthly manga.
SEELE 08 01-03-2007 09:20 PM
Man I want to see those Lost Memory volumes. I've got the six regular manga...grrr.
Also why on earth was Big Fau hinted at as female in the manga, and Alex seemed so much...saner.
Capt. Quekolis 01-07-2007 09:19 PM
Since the manga was out before the series doesnt that mean the ending would be more complete?
Nine Kuze 01-08-2007 06:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
Also why on earth was Big Fau hinted at as female in the manga, and Alex seemed so much...saner.

Why not? There's been plenty of evidence around here in fact to indicate that Big Fau is indeed a "female" megaduse. For example, I think someone brought up the notion as in German "frau" means woman and the r was simply taken out. Something alone those means.

I don't know, I was feeling Alex in the manga. By toning him down and not showing him as much, they made him seem a lot more sinister and sly, and not just insane like that in the anime series.
Peace.
Roger_Smith 01-08-2007 02:05 PM
Hey I found this in wikipedia "The serialization of The Big O manga began in 1999* began on Magazine ZKC. The manga was an adaptation of the anime series, written by Hitoshi Ariga"

* The first vol. was out in December 1999 two months after the anime was aired.
SEELE 08 01-08-2007 02:07 PM
Has anyone ever come across scans from the two Lost Memories volumes?
evanASF27 01-08-2007 03:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:

Why not? There's been plenty of evidence around here in fact to indicate that Big Fau is indeed a "female" megaduse. For example, I think someone brought up the notion as in German "frau" means woman and the r was simply taken out. Something alone those means.

I don't know, I was feeling Alex in the manga. By toning him down and not showing him as much, they made him seem a lot more sinister and sly, and not just insane like that in the anime series.
Peace.

Fau, Female? I don't know about that... but the decreased role of Rosewater gave him a definately more "rich kid" type of feeling. Like he was corrupt but only so he could explore his power and wealth for luxery, not the "world changing" power like in the Anime.
Instead it's Angel who seems to become the "Alex Rosewater" of the manga.

Personally I like the manga's portrail and view of Angel better than the anime's. Perhaps this is because I still refuse to think Big Venus = Angel...and in the manga she has something different *cough*. Roll Eyes
SEELE 08 01-08-2007 05:49 PM
Angel was more...gutsy and kick-ass than she was in the anime (and sexier too), always tricking or beating Roger out of something, Dorothy was downright Hi-larious in the manga and the omake were highly amusing as well. Dastun was used more than just a side character, and Alex just looked ominous...but did nothing. Some other characters made appearences, Beck had a female side-kick, and Officer Gausse made an appearnce as well in a few volumes.
Capt. Quekolis 01-08-2007 06:18 PM
Whats omake?
SEELE 08 01-08-2007 08:08 PM
It means "extras", little cartoons at the end normally, such as Hellsing's "Crossfire" or Eva's "Angel Kiss".
Nine Kuze 01-08-2007 08:24 PM
They had those? Um, I just have the last volume and I don't recall that certain volume having it at all. Must just be the other five volumes then.

My opinion but I think that the manga was much more character based than the anime was and in that return the anime focused much more on the mystery and the parameters of what was and that of Paradigm City.

quote:
Originally posted by The Stoned Guest
Personally I like the manga's portrail and view of Angel better than the anime's. Perhaps this is because I still refuse to think Big Venus = Angel...and in the manga she has something different *cough*. Roll Eyes

manga version > anime version. Hands down, even though the anime version of Angel's kicks ass. But I agree with the Venus = Angel statement myself as well, Evan. The way that Big Venus was portrayed on the three minutes it was shown (I will say this, it has one of the best entrances I've seen), there isn't even enough evidence to detail what it did let alone if anyone, even Angel herself, was actually piloting it. The only indication and hint that we get that it did have something to do with Angel were the lights on its back and what Dorothy said as well. And maybe the scenes with Angel and Gordon, but I feel that had more to do with her actually directing then her piloting a megadeus.
Peace.
SEELE 08 01-08-2007 10:07 PM
Only a few of the volumes had Angel Kiss...they featured Samshel, Zeruel, and Sachiel and are darn cute. Here's an example of some of the art.
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/sefisher/NGE/Angels/

Overall I prefer the anime, but Angel and Dorothy were far cooler in the manga, and Alex...wasn't completely berserk....he still should have piloted Big Fau though.
Nine Kuze 01-09-2007 09:19 AM
quote:
Only a few of the volumes had Angel Kiss...they featured Samshel, Zeruel, and Sachiel and are darn cute. Here's an example of some of the art.
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/sefisher/NGE/Angels/

I know all about the Evangelion manga extras, I was talking about the Big O manga episodes.

You and your silly Eva obsession, SEELE.
Peace.
SEELE 08 01-09-2007 10:42 AM
Some of the volumes had omake some didn't...there is a Valentine's Day omake in one, some omake involving Dorothy and Norman....but I can't seem to find my volumes 5 and 6...grr going to have to reorder them!

My Eva obsession isn't silly! Keel needs love, if I'm not his fangirl who would be?