wikipedia article

Nohansen 12-30-2006 09:52 AM
Hello all. First, the introduction. I am Nohansen. I got into Big O back when it premiered on Toonami partly because it WAS on Toonami and mainly because it reminded of Batman. I would like for at least thirteen more episodes of the series (26 seems a bit much) but don't think it will happen in my lifetime.

Now, down to business.

I've been working on the Big O article in wikipedia and now I need your help. Does anyone have, if it even exists, a magazine cover scan where The Big O is featured? If you do, please post it. The reception section of the article seems a bit bland, and I want to spruce it up. In the odd case there are no magazine covers, anyone have any suggestion?

Any comments, critics or suggestions for the article will be greatly appreciated.
Krang 12-30-2006 10:46 PM
Actually, that reminds me that I have some scans of a magazine article about Big O that I had forgotten to post. I just put them up, so see the latest update for more details. You're welcome to use the cover scan in the Wikipedia article.
Zopwx2 12-31-2006 10:38 PM
The big o wiki article is pretty subpar, one day when im feeling extra nerdy im going help everyone there make it nice'n purdy.
Big Big Moon 01-01-2007 12:53 PM
Is there any reason you wiped the Other Influences section?
Nohansen 01-02-2007 06:20 AM
I decided to only keep the two most referenced influences in the main article, meaning Batman and Giant Robo. There wasn't enough to sustain what was under "Other influences." I was thinking of moving them to episode articles, but there's some talk on removing episode specific articles so I may pass on that.

However, I am working on an article to include the references, homages and allusions (per episode) in The Big O. For example: the homage to Getter Robo in "The Greatest Villain," or the reference to The Shadow Over Innsmouth in Episode 7, or William Blake's Behemoth and Leviathan engraving in Episode 17, or how Schwarzwald's "Imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations hath diverse names" is lifted from Hobbes' Leviathan.
Hobodoken 01-02-2007 09:11 AM
The Greatest Villian holds "homage" to all Sentai in Beck's transformation, not just one specific series.

Also, of greater note is the Indiana Jones reference.
Big Big Moon 01-03-2007 04:29 PM
Keep in mind that you are not the only editor in Wikipedia. You should really discuss these propositions in the Talk section before making sweeping editorial changes and nominating your work for a "Good Article" recommendation. No ill will here, but I know what it feels like to be a zealous editor, and I learned the hard way that it's not appropriate by Wikipedia community standards.
SEELE 08 01-03-2007 07:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
The Greatest Villian holds "homage" to all Sentai in Beck's transformation, not just one specific series.

Also, of greater note is the Indiana Jones reference.

Mighty Morhpin' Megadeus!

Roger as the Black Ranger, Dorothy as the Red Ranger, Angel as the Pink Ranger, Dastun as the Blue Ranger, Alex Rosewater as the White Ranger, Beck as the Yellow Ranger, and Schwartzvald as the Green Ranger!

Srsly people this needs to be made into a fan doujin pronto.
Hobodoken 01-03-2007 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SEELE 08
Mighty Morhpin' Megadeus!

*CoughBigZordCough*