Tie a yellow rope round the old oak tree

Sharpshooter005 12-29-2006 09:22 PM
CNN: Saddam executed for war crimes.

Rumors that the corpse will burst into a shower of candies when struck with a stick are still unconfirmed at this time.
Pie_Junkie 12-29-2006 09:32 PM
Just saw that on CNN, we're waiting to see the video of his hanging. We figure by tomarrow we should find it on youtube.
Chitter-Box-Kat 12-29-2006 10:40 PM
They finally decided to kill him. Awesome. Wake me up when they go the video on TV or Youtube, which ever comes frist. Bets on TV.

Anybody else besides me thinking: "Took you damn long enough."
Pie_Junkie 12-29-2006 11:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
Bets on TV.

Don't be to fast on that one. America's tryin' to be the perfect and non-hypocritical nation that eveyone knows we're not so they prolly won't show it 'cuz it's "inhumain".
Sharpshooter005 12-30-2006 01:02 AM
quote:
Bets on TV.

Arabic news outlets in the region, yes.

The west in general, I doubt
Patsai 12-30-2006 10:48 AM
Early Saturday morning (or rather, late last night here), Saddam Hussein, the Iraqi dictator responsible for over a thousand innocent deaths, was executed before sunrise. At the last moment, he refused to wear a hood, a customary tradition for hangings, and held a Quaran in his hand standing on the trap door before it opened up.

There's more news about this here.

Discuss.

[EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that Sharpie beat me to it. My apologies, old buddy. Big Grin ]
Mr. Peabody 12-30-2006 12:40 PM
quote:
They finally decided to kill him. Awesome. Wake me up when they go the video on TV or Youtube, which ever comes frist. Bets on TV.

I've heard that the Iraqi's planned to film the execution, but I doubt they'll intentionallyrelease it to the media.

The fledging democratic Iraqi government doesn't want to make Saddam a martyr, and I've heard religious implications are also involved. That's not to say an official won't sell a copy to a media outlet.
Sharpshooter005 12-30-2006 04:00 PM
I figure it was either taped for

A) "Propaganda" value, though...that maybe makes it sound more sinister than I intended.

B) This ones I think more of a long shot but...now if anybody tries to pull the elvis card, ie: "He's not dead!" they can just respond with "lets go to the videotape" (I doubt anyone would say that but...the operative part of the phrase "conspiracy nut" is "nut" so who knows)
evanASF27 12-30-2006 05:00 PM
About bloody time.
Jonny Axehandle 12-30-2006 08:39 PM
^My thoughts exactly. I was worried that the trial would be drug out so long that he would eventually escape. The vid is up by the way:

http://popeyelyoramy.multiply.com/video/item/8
Mr. Peabody 01-02-2007 07:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
The vid is up by the way:
http://popeyelyoramy.multiply.com/video/item/8

Indeed. Footage of Saddam's execution was released just hours after it was carried out. Perhaps it will become the most downloaded film in the history of the Internet.

The Iraqi government claims they never approved the films release and is now searching for the man who leaked it to the media. They're also looking for the executioner who taunted Saddam as he was led to the gallows.
Generalissimo D 01-02-2007 07:51 PM
....It occurs to me that that video does not show the actual snapping of the neck.

I am dissapointed and slightly paranoid now.
Fujiko 01-02-2007 08:29 PM
Even though they don't show a neck snapping, his head still hung at a pretty bad angle. There is also video of Saddam in a body bag, in case anyone doubts the former video.

BTW, the cameraman was terrible.
Sharpshooter005 01-03-2007 02:02 AM
quote:
Perhaps it will become the most downloaded film in the history of the Internet.

It probably would lose out to that okgo video with the treadmills, which is really a horribly depressing statement on the nature of the internet if you think about it.
Mr. Peabody 01-04-2007 06:07 PM
Earlier this week a 10-year-old boy from Houston, TX, accidentally hung himself in an apparent imitation of Saddam's execution.

A Houston PD spokesman said the boy had watched Saddam's execution and had asked family and friends several questions about hanging. The boy hung himself in his room and couldn't free himself or call for help, even though his family was home at the time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16472727/
Generalissimo D 01-04-2007 07:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
Earlier this week a 10-year-old boy from Houston, TX, accidentally hung himself in an apparent imitation of Saddam's execution.

A Houston PD spokesman said the boy had watched Saddam's execution and had asked family and friends several questions about hanging. The boy hung himself in his room and couldn't free himself or call for help, even though his family was home at the time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16472727/

That was a lovely piece of news indeed. Hopefully no one I know is related to the kid.
Sharpshooter005 01-04-2007 09:06 PM
quote:

So basically he thought he was watching jackass: baghdad edition?
SEELE 08 01-04-2007 09:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

So basically he thought he was watching jackass: baghdad edition?

And then Ashton Kutcher showed up and said "You've been punk'd" ten minutes too late....
Generalissimo D 01-04-2007 10:47 PM
They put something in that Guatamalan water.

Makes em think funny.
Fujiko 01-05-2007 11:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. D
They put something in that Guatamalan water.

Makes em think funny.

And is the leading cause of obesity in American youth.